Brexit, for once some facts.

50Hertz

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 2, 2019
No that doesn't follow. Like those countries that use the US dollar, they can just keep their pound in step with the English pound's value. Fiscal policies do that and larger shifts if ever necessary are done by devaluation or revaluation. While a country follows that policy their currency is trusted.

There are large parts of that they want, the nuclear submarine base for example which they've long protested against. And like many countries they can rent us bases we want and that they also want or are content with. So I wouldn't see our military entirely disappear from Scotland.
Try spending a Mozambique pound note in your local Poundland.

Fingers

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 9, 2016
This whole issue is bunkum. It stems almost entirely from Labour's disagreement with one aspect of the UN definition of anti semitism. Somehow the Zionists managed to get them to include criticism of Israel as being anti semitism.

I wholeheartedly share that disagreement, there is no way that Israel can claim anti semitism when criticised for their morally reprehensible actions against the Palestinians.

Labour's honourable reluctance to accept that part of the definition while accepting all the rest has resulted in attacks from some prominent members of the Jewish community who are picking on any slightest hint of anti semitism among Labour members.

And of course they find examples, anti semitism exists everywhere and in all parties, so finding Labour examples proves nothing other than how widespread that continues to be.

Racist

• Disagree
Reactions: flecc

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Try spending a Mozambique pound note in your local Poundland.
Irrelevant. Any country can use any internationally traded currency as their own and a number do. Anyone in those countries can use currency exchanges.

I don't know why you are arguing this, it was clarified long ago when Tory ministers tried falsely claiming Scotland wouldn't be able to use the pound. They can, it's an absolute.

• Agree
Reactions: wheeler

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
That's rich used against someone who has always welcomed any immigration and promotes a self levelling open door policy.

The Jews are not a race, as they themselves declare.

Criticism of a country's policies and/or actions is not racism, for example the UK isn't racist in criticising Russian actions and policies.

I am anti Zionist as Zionism has been used in the 20th and 21st centuries, there's a big difference between that and anti semitism. Once Zionism returns to the legitimate promotion of Jewish interests, I will no longer be anti Zionist.

OxygenJames

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 8, 2012
OK 50Hertz, you've been unmasked.

You are Tillson.

Tillson last posted 31st December 2018, you joined under this new name 2nd January.

The expressions of hatred for Nicola Sturgeon are consistently identical.
I think I preferred him as Tillson.

But anybody who hates that poisoned Scottish dwarf gets my vote.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
I've shot one and can hit a 6" steel plate most times out of ten at 54.6 yards(50m)
but I do shoot competitions most weekends. Wind doesn't really come into it at 50m with a 22lr round doing 1100ft per second(starts to move it a bit at 100m)
Just to be clear, are you referring to a sten gun or pistol?

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I think I preferred him as Tillson.

But anybody who hates that poisoned Scottish dwarf gets my vote.
I don't mind what name he uses, all are welcome.

But I don't understand the hate of Nicola Sturgeon and her small stature. She's been doing a good job for her party and its policies, and she can't help her stature.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
BBC quote:

Acting for Johnson, Adrian Darbishire QC, told the court last week that the application by Ball had been brought for political purposes and was a “political stunt”.

Bizarre to defend one political stunt by calling something else a political stunt. Rather draws attention to the stunt-hood of the 350m claim rather than deflecting.
A political stunt against cupid stunt? works for me :D

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
OK 50Hertz, you've been unmasked.

You are Tillson.

Tillson last posted 31st December 2018, you joined under this new name 2nd January.

The expressions of hatred for Nicola Sturgeon are consistently identical.
Have you claimed your Five Pounds?

• :D

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
50Hertz isn't 50cycles, I know the two principals of that firm too well.

No, he's Tillson ok and that's why he hasn't denied it having obviously seen my posts. The style has been somewhat different but that difference has been gradually disappearing and the Nicola Sturgeon posts are pure Tillson. Also using the 50cycles synonym would appeal to Tillson's sense of humour, given he was once their customer and the later poor status of that company.

Tillson was a Leaver and 50Hertz said he was but has changed his mind. Add that to the change from Tillson departing on 31st December and 50Hertz joining the day after New Years Day and the set is complete, change of mind, change of online name, maybe New Year's resolution.

Of course it doesn't matter, he's welcome under any name, so long as he doesn't post Likes for himself, and most of our online names are not our real names.
I have always liked tillson
But I couldn't eat a whole one... seriously he had style and a way with words, how can I say it...
"Excruciating" somehow comes to mind and I love the suitably underhand stroke of keeping his leave means leave monogrammed underpants squeaky clean.

Now he's managed even more than Boris (so far)
A man for all Brexits or not as the case may be.

As I remarked so long ago I am his biggest fan (whoever he chooses to be)
Top man:

• Agree

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
From the Independent
"
Boris Johnson must go on trial for 'lying and misleading' in Brexit campaign, judge orders

Judge summonses MP to court after throwing out arguments that allegations are 'vexatious' attempt to undermine Brexit

This is the part that will make his bum twitter
"Mr Johnson denies misconduct in a public office, which carries a maximum sentence of life imprisonment. "

How delightful! much better than a discarded sub orbital gas cooker! :cool:

He will be the First Prime Minister residing "At her Majesties Pleasure"
I can see it now the "Free Tommy" crossed out and "Free Boris" on the T shirts, and of course overwriting the message on the Battle Bus

• Agree
Reactions: oyster

gray198

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 4, 2012
I don't mind what name he uses, all are welcome.

But I don't understand the hate of Nicola Sturgeon and her small stature. She's been doing a good job for her party and its policies, and she can't help her stature.
I don't fully understand the logic of her argument for independence. She wants to break away from the UK where they do most of their trade, but doesn't want the UK to be independent of the EU. They currently have a lot of autonomy from the UK, so why not stay inside the union to reform it. (to quote a phrase)I could understand to some degree the expectations regarding oil and it's income but since the fall in prices that argument does not hold. In fact if they had won the last referendum and left , money may have been tight. Maybe she wants to stay in the EU so Scotland can get free handouts from them instead of the UK. Maybe they are like the rest of the world and just hate the English

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I don't fully understand the logic of her argument for independence. She wants to break away from the UK where they do most of their trade, but doesn't want the UK to be independent of the EU. They currently have a lot of autonomy from the UK, so why not stay inside the union to reform it.
Independence is party policy and the party's raison d'etre, so she has to conform anyway. And of course the same reform from within argument applies with the EU too. Like everything Brexit it's riddled with conflicts.

I could understand to some degree the expectations regarding oil and it's income but since the fall in prices that argument does not hold. In fact if they had won the last referendum and left , money may have been tight. Maybe she wants to stay in the EU so Scotland can get free handouts from them instead of the UK. Maybe they are like the rest of the world and just hate the English
Yes, their oil is a busted flush and oil is so plentiful and unwanted in today's world it's not something to rely on.

I think hate the English is far too strong a word, but the undercurrent of some resentment has existed ever since the act of union. I think it's no accident that broad distinctively Scottish accents are so strong near to the border but near to absent in many more northern areas. An expression of separate identity.

Borders are often a problem, whether artificially created or removed after long existence.

Last edited:
Reactions: gray198

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
Just to be clear, are you referring to a sten gun or pistol?
I doubt he, s on about a sten gun... You, d struggle to hit a 5 yard target at 50 yards...(You could if you could throw it) Must be least accurate weapon ever built...For hitting everybody and everything nearby it was brilliant for the £3 it cost to build... Much anything else... Forget it...
Besides being fully auto weapon it would be totally out lawed here.

I want Tillson back. Seemed much more considered in that iteration. I thought Tillson had already denounced Leaving??
People changing IDs is fine by me but if VFR is who its been claimed he is I wont be entering any discussion with him.

Last edited:

Advertisers