Brexit, for once some facts.

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
Boris goes Nuclear in the Telegraph

"'The greatest place on Earth'Boris Johnson promises to unite country and improve quality of life for all after Brexit"

Let's see if the Hunt can top that from the "Greatest Showman"

Now flecc this will be your chance to try Unicorn steaks!
Given some specific deficits of brexit (in my case, I am acutely conscious of non-recognition of UK prescriptions by the EU), I don't see anything even recognising that there is an issue, let along making it better.

• Agree
Reactions: flecc

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
This is where the BXp got it's inspiration from

The Nazi party turns it's back on the reichstag in 1930
History as I have said before, is repeating itself
No - I do not remember that photograph but something was niggling away at me about the back turning and previous uses of it as a sign. That photo is absolutely to be posted as a warning from history.

Funny how people with the same attitude (DT, et al.) seem to have criticised the "taking a knee" protests in the USA. Despising them as unpatriotic despite the long and respectful history of that action.

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016

Now where have I heard all that before?

The crux of article...

Screenshot_20190705_082453.jpg

Quite an achievement, especially so considering his opposition. May is more popular and she, s on her way to the door.
And article isnt written by some DM journo or a Tory. Its written by one of his own party members.
And this quote written especially for Flecc

Screenshot_20190705_083631.jpg

Labour and the country need to sack Corbyn.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fingers and gray198

50Hertz

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 2, 2019
bit of good news on the Brexit front

It is undoubtedly good news.

It’s essentially a different power plant and transmission in an existing model. That’s not a big deal I’m terms of investment. Compared to gearing up a production line for an entirely new model, this electrification is a lightweight investment. BMW have done the same with the mini.

If the electric version were to be built in another country, it would mean moving an entire and existing car production line to that country. This would be more expensive, with or without BREXIT.

I wonder what wil happen when the time arrives for new model investment if we BREXIT. From a business sense, it would make financial sense to build the new production line within the EU. Why would you want it in the UK making your product uncompetitive due to tariffs? As they say, it’s a no brainier.

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
Nazi Germany?
Corbyn does not see Brexit as good or bad for country merely as an opportunity to push onto country his own views of politics, views which in reality only a tiny demented few idiots support. Its a very dangerous situation because he could inherit power, and the irony of it is he would have done so were his policies more moderate and him not such an extremist.

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
It is undoubtedly good news.

It’s essentially a different power plant and transmission in an existing model. That’s not a big deal I’m terms of investment. Compared to gearing up a production line for an entirely new model, this electrification is a lightweight investment. BMW have done the same with the mini.

If the electric version were to be built in another country, it would mean moving an entire and existing car production line to that country. This would be more expensive, with or without BREXIT.

I wonder what wil happen when the time arrives for new model investment if we BREXIT. From a business sense, it would make financial sense to build the new production line within the EU. Why would you want it in the UK making your product uncompetitive due to tariffs? As they say, it’s a no brainier.
Thats assuming any expansion of sales would be to EU. That market is sown up. Jag are looking elsewhere.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015

Now where have I heard all that before?

The crux of article...

View attachment 31140

Quite an achievement, especially so considering his opposition. May is more popular and she, s on her way to the door.
And article isnt written by some DM journo or a Tory. Its written by one of his own party members.
And this quote written especially for Flecc

View attachment 31141

Labour and the country need to sack Corbyn.
Not for requiring proof of Putin's involvement, that is simply prudent, nor for opposing us acting as part of the USA's nuclear deterrent, as we can never be in a situation where we can deploy one
But for not opposing Brexit I 100% agree, he needs to go.
But I have to ask if you voted for Brexit, why does his stance bother you?
You are about to get what you voted for, are you not?

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Corbyn does not see Brexit as good or bad for country merely as an opportunity to push onto country his own views of politics, views which in reality only a tiny demented few idiots support. Its a very dangerous situation because he could inherit power, and the irony of it is he would have done so were his policies more moderate and him not such an extremist.
Then why have you a problem with him?
you don't actually, do you?
He really doesn't count from a leaver's point of view

50Hertz

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 2, 2019
Nice to see that the EU have appointed two world class disappointments to the top jobs.

The president is widely regarded as the most incompetent and ineffective minister in global history.

The head of finance is a lawyer who has admitted to gross incompetence in order to save her arse from a 12 month prison sentence for dodgy dealings.

But more importantly, we have a great gender balance. F the rest of the issues.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
bit of good news on the Brexit front

Yes but it really is only relatively good
"
JLR says the move will help secure the jobs of 2,700 workers at the plant.
The news follows January's announcement, when the firm said it would cut 4,500 jobs, with the majority coming from the UK. That followed 1,500 jobs lost in 2018.

And in the broader economy JLR s a bit player that panders to the better off who will win after Brexit anyway, and here are enough of them in the Home market

Nevertheless cheering news for some of the workforce and in the supply chain

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Nice to see that the EU have appointed two world class disappointments to the top jobs.

The president is widely regarded as the most incompetent and ineffective minister in global history.

The head of finance is a lawyer who has admitted to gross incompetence in order to save her arse from a 12 month prison sentence for dodgy dealings.

At least Zlatan will be pleased about that :cool:

daveboy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2012
pontefract
I was talking to somebody yesterday (a Nigel Farage fan)and he was telling me you can't believe anything bad you read about Nigel in the press because they are all against him, He then started bad mouthing Jeremy Corbyn because of the things he had seen in the press.....oh the irony.

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016

Thats the EU for you.

• :D
Reactions: oldgroaner

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Thats assuming any expansion of sales would be to EU. That market is sown up. Jag are looking elsewhere.
If so they are starting in the wrong place since they are in China already.
More likely they are after the niche home market for luxury cars comprising members of the winning elite after Brexit.
Rich pickings there after all with the continentals off the scene.
Smart move!

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
I was talking to somebody yesterday (a Nigel Farage fan)and he was telling me you can't believe anything bad you read about Nigel in the press because they are all against him, He then started bad mouthing Jeremy Corbyn because of the things he had seen in the press.....oh the irony.
No OG, I believe in Meritocracy, the EU only know prejudice and discrimination. Its token diversity. Like appointing a black gay female to head of a company who only employ white middle class males in all other rolls. Its a perfect example of how not to behave and only goes to show they know there is a massive problem.
(sorry Dave, somehow replied to your message but actually answered OG's ramblings)

daveboy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2012
pontefract
No OG, I believe in Meritocracy, the EU only know prejudice and discrimination. Its token diversity. Like appointing a black gay female to head of a company who only employ white middle class males in all other rolls. Its a perfect example of how not to behave and only goes to show they know there is a massive problem.
You quoted me and answered OG...…….That's normally OG's trick..Did you get a bit excited :D :D :D

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
If so they are starting in the wrong place since they are in China already.
More likely they are after the niche home market for luxury cars comprising members of the winning elite after Brexit.
Rich pickings there after all with the continentals off the scene.
Smart move!
Could be, they are also in India, USA and want to get bigger in Brazil. The emerging markets.

Why British folk insist on buying Audi, BMW or Merc when we have Jag I have never quite understood. Germans wouldnt buy Jag over their products but we buy into the BS adverts and image. Fecking Audi.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: flecc

Advertisers