Brexit, for once some facts.

Wicky

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 12, 2014
Colchester, Essex
www.jhepburn.co.uk
Ban meetings in the NHS. They could then work three days per week and still get more done.
May be some worth in that

When I was working on a busy care of the elderly ward, with 6 time staff on an early it was mayhem even with 5 supernumery students* extra to lend a hand sorting out folk. In the mornings it was expected a senior nurse was to leave the ward to attend a meeting to report on staffing levels. Usually they just phoned in to tell the managers in no uncertain terms that if they left the ward for the meeting then staffing levels would certainly get worse while they were off the ward. Trricky enough to maintain staffing levels 24/7 as best that can be done and rota in training etc.

Problem is there's not that many meetings to attend at the coal front labour intensive end of hospital healthcare with buzzers going, more occur naturally I suspect on the management / bureaucratic side of things.

*Student nurses are a major component, though not counted as staff on ward, while on placement they contribute a great deal of 'free' labour in exchange for erxperience (then have to pay back student loan - so basically they have they pay to work!). Placements for gathering experience are usually full time between fulltime classroom stints and many also somehow manage to hold part time / full time jobs / look after family while studying (& they don't have long Easter / Summer / Xmas holiday breaks like other students). Hence why there's a problem recruiting, and have to import trained staff from abroad.

• Informative
Reactions: 50Hertz and Zlatan

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Video explaining the reality of Johnson's "New" deal

Quite frankly anyone voting Conservative is intent on harming the future of the country

Last edited:
  • Agree
  • Informative
Reactions: flecc and oyster

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
  • Agree
Reactions: flecc

50Hertz

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 2, 2019
Jo Swindon’s voice is now starting to grind my pipe. I’ve heard too much of that strained whining. It makes me want to go out and kill kittens.

Last edited:

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
Jo Swindon’s voice is now starting to grind my pipe. I’ve heard too much of that strained whining. It makes me want to go out and kill kittens.
Why on earth did they appoint her. She is the most annoying, patronising psuedo student in history. Swinson BTW.

50Hertz

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 2, 2019
Swinson BTW.
The auto-correct on my phone changes her name to Swindon. She’s not worth the effort of making a correction.

I have no idea why they chose Swindon, I thought Tim Farron was ok and they seemed to be gaining a bit of traction, but then they threw it all away by selecting the current monstrosity. She has done nothing, achieved nothing, her experience is nothing and her policies are insane.

Last edited:
Reactions: Zlatan

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
The auto-correct on my phone changes her name to Swindon. She’s not worth the effort of making a correction.

I have no idea why they chose Swindon, I thought Tim Farron was ok and they seemed to be gaining a bit of traction, but then they threw it all away by selecting the current monstrosity. She has done nothing, achieved nothing, her experience is nothing and her policies are insane.
Pretty much Boris's Identical twin sister

• :D
  • Agree
Reactions: 50Hertz and flecc

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
The Labour manifesto will secure Corbyn’s ambition to never become Prime Minister.
Actually it's Farage and time that ensure that anyway.

Farage has scuppered any chance this time by switching only the Labour Leavers to Brexit.

And Corbyn's age will rule him out for the following GE five years later.

• Agree
Reactions: oldgroaner

50Hertz

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 2, 2019
Where are Labour’s 100000 council houses per year going to be built?

If we build 100000 per year for the next decade, we will need 200000 per year the following decade and 300000 per year after that. We will run out of space.

Better to maintain a housing shortage, because that will throttle breeding. Less breeding equals less pollution. I should be a Green Party MP.

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
Actually it's Farage and time that ensure that anyway.

Farage has scuppered any chance this time by switching only the Labour Leavers to Brexit.

And Corbyn's age will rule him out for the following GE five years later.
Dont be silly flecc. Farage only attracts attention and some votes brcause rest are so pathetic.
I agree he shouldnt be allowed to only split labour vote but uf Corbyn were anything spproaching desirable or electable, Farage's actions would be irrelevant,which lets face it they are.

• Disagree
Reactions: flecc

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
If we build 100000 per year for the next decade, we will need 200000 per year the following decade and 300000 per year after that. We will run out of space.

Better to maintain a housing shortage, because that will throttle breeding.
Not so, worldwide experience in all countries shows that as living standards rise, the birthrate falls.

It's those who keep the masses poor who result in excessive births, i.e. the Tories.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Farage's actions would be irrelevant,which lets face it they are.
That's not true. Both the Tory party and the Labour party have many Leave supporters who will switch to voting Brexit if given the chance, but only the Labour ones will have that chance. Given the large proportion of marginal constituencies, that is a gross distortion and very far from irrelevant.

At the last GE my own large constituency had been held by a margin of only 167 votes, meaning less than 90 votes taken from the holder would swap the result, a swing of just 0.1%

Last edited:

Advertisers