Brexit, for once some facts.

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
You don't need a full stop after a question mark either.

That's not correct English.

Not that you seem bothered.
You are correct!!!. I am not bothered about that, which should tell you something. I did at an earlier time try to explain that I do all my postings for this forum from a tablet, which has a small .. 10 inch screen but very high resolution. 2560 x 1600 , therefore editing with a thick finger is difficult, and so I often don't bother. I am not sufficiently motivated to set this forum up on a laptop with a proper display and keyboard

Last edited:

OxygenJames

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 8, 2012
Dont underestimate yourself Danidl, you aren't stupid just not as clever as I first thought. There, s a massive spread of intelligence on forum, from OG upwards, please dont compete with him for the stupidest poster here, you are better than that. IMHO that is.
I've never thought him anything other than intelligent. Annoying as fuuck for sure but not stupid. He's got all sorts of knowledge about things that I know I don't have. But. He is also very very very annoying. So - on balance it's tricky to know where to put him.

• Agree
Reactions: Zlatan and flecc

OxygenJames

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 8, 2012
Howdy and Happy New Year.

I have been lurking around these parts. The pages are interesting. I have read some, but not all of them.
Well good for you Barry. We are a bunch of reprobates who think we know what we're talking about. Some of us know more than others - so it seems - but nobody has total knowledge on everything so you should fit right in.

Which way did you vote in 2016 at the Brexit vote? (and why - and have you changed your mind at all since?)

Those are the cards we like to see people put on the table - you will get to learn who is here very quickly if you put that information out here.

Good luck and welcome.

James.

OxygenJames

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 8, 2012
You are correct!!!. I am not bothered about that, which should tell you something. I did at an earlier time try to explain that I do all my postings for this forum from a tablet, which has a small .. 10 inch screen but very high resolution. 2560 x 1600 , therefore editing with a thick finger is difficult, and so I often don't bother. I am not sufficiently motivated to set this forum up on a laptop with a proper display and keyboard
I only use my laptop for posting here because it is SOOOOOO much easier/nicer typing on a full size keyboard (on my 11" Apple MacAir which is a wonderful piece of kit).

Typing on a smartphone? Ugh. Horrible. All thumbs - not for me.

This keyboard is a delight - it feels like you're playing the piano or something.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Dont underestimate yourself Danidl, you aren't stupid just not as clever as I first thought. There, s a massive spread of intelligence on forum, from OG upwards, please dont compete with him for the stupidest poster here, you are better than that. IMHO that is.
The sure sign of an idiot is the use of gratuitous insults where none is called for.
Congratulations : you qualified in that respect.
From the day you came on the forum you haven't changed, always the same circular arguments and tendency to do the very thing you claim to hate.
You assume, and try to put words into peoples mouths , without ever attempting to really understand what they are saying.
Remember this simple fact
You voted for Brexit
Whatever happens now is your responsibility, not the EU, not the Labour Party, not mine.
Yours.

Barry Shittpeas

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 1, 2020
Well good for you Barry. We are a bunch of reprobates who think we know what we're talking about. Some of us know more than others - so it seems - but nobody has total knowledge on everything so you should fit right in.

Which way did you vote in 2016 at the Brexit vote? (and why - and have you changed your mind at all since?)

Those are the cards we like to see people put on the table - you will get to learn who is here very quickly if you put that information out here.

Good luck and welcome.

James.
I think we should be remaining, and have not changed my mind on that. I won’t waste time arguing a case for remaining, what’s the point, we are leaving. That’s settled.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
I think we should be remaining, and have not changed my mind on that. I won’t waste time arguing a case for remaining, what’s the point, we are leaving. That’s settled.
Absolutely agree! this is where we enjoy the ride till sanity returns and we apply to rejoin.

Reactions: POLLY

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
The sure sign of an idiot is the use of gratuitous insults where none is called for.
Congratulations : you qualified in that respect.
From the day you came on the forum you haven't changed, always the same circular arguments and tendency to do the very thing you claim to hate.
You assume, and try to put words into peoples mouths , without ever attempting to really understand what they are saying.
Remember this simple fact
You voted for Brexit
Whatever happens now is your responsibility, not the EU, not the Labour Party, not mine.
Yours.
Jesus OG, move on. How many times have you posted this. Still playing blame game.

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
Screenshot_20200101_165041.jpg
Was about you. I, ll explain it for you.
Unfortunately Danidl utilised a double negative. You gave your response of "certainly not" actually meaning you agreed that you are capable of always misunderstanding posts. Read Danidl's comment, and read your response.
Your response should have been affirmative, ie certainly. And not "certainly not".
You ain't gifted are you.
Ironically you mis understood Danidl's post. Its made me laugh out loud.
The clue was "INcapable of MISinterpreting".
I suppose another deliberate mistake like your maths issues, and a few others.

Last edited:

RobF

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012
Blimey, I see the 'facts' are still coming thick and fast.

Only one matters now.

We're leaving.

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
Blimey, I see the 'facts' are still coming thick and fast.

Only one matters now.

We're leaving.
Good ! back on topic. Yes. The UK will be leaving the EU sometime.
That sometime is .
1. Crashout at end of January 2020..in the event that either HoC fails to pass the same package as the EU understands it agreed, or does not give enough time for the EU to complete its side.
2. Leaving January 2021 ..in the event the BJ honours the agreements to date, and works incessantly on a working deal .
3. Leaving January 2XXX , if BJ and others realise its not a slam dunk

• Agree
Reactions: flecc

RobF

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012
Good ! back on topic. Yes. The UK will be leaving the EU sometime.
That sometime is .
1. Crashout at end of January 2020..in the event that either HoC fails to pass the same package as the EU understands it agreed, or does not give enough time for the EU to complete its side.
2. Leaving January 2021 ..in the event the BJ honours the agreements to date, and works incessantly on a working deal .
3. Leaving January 2XXX , if BJ and others realise its not a slam dunk
Matters not.

What does matter is more than three years of pointless parliamentary 'scrutiny' is over.

We have started the endgame, which is all Tory voting public expect.

That it may take a year or two to leave the hideously overblown organisation is another good reason for doing so.

Advertisers