Brexit, for once some facts.

Barry Shittpeas

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 1, 2020
in constrast to our gutter press, here is an alternative view from the Guardian:

QUOTE:
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/jan/12/now-harry-and-meghan-are-going-time-to-look-a-true-royal-horrors

If Meghan never, unlike Diana, Princess of Wales, had to run from photographers, she has been subjected, courtesy in particular of the Daily Mail, to a new, permissible variation on press harassment: relentless, condescending censure informed by what 70 female MPs recently described as “outdated, colonial undertones”. One day, a reprimand might focus on Meghan’s relationship with her father, another on her tights, her friends, her “bump-boasting”, her extravagance, her ruthlessness, her unhappy staff, her christening photographs, her meanness to Kate. Not forgetting her Vogue editing, chapel dissing, Queen snubbing, baby showering, baby holding, baby hiding and Harry controlling. In the light of this trolling, the press’s earlier pursuit of Diana practically radiates mutual respect.
All of brought upon herself. She married into Royalty and with that came duty. Duty which she would have fully understood beforehand. She and Harry are now trying to shirk that duty, so the press will pick up on that.

Look, there are millions of people in the U.K. who are having to cope with a harsh life, but without the privilege, the money, the access and the shielding. The pair of them need to grow up and develop a sense of reality.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
It's stretching it a bit. The USA action lit the touch paper, which led to the deaths. In the same way Ford lit the touch paper which has led to millions of deaths on the roads. I think there is a limit to how much subsequent catastrophe you can be held responsible for.

The funeral deaths were mainly due to religious nutcases running around in those, Mad Jaffa Cake Eater, style hats & tripping over their beards. The aircraft was probably downed for similar reasons.
Not stretching it all, the truth is that Trumps act led directly to nearly 200 deaths and the best part of a thousands mourning the loss of their loved ones, and you struggle to find an excuse for this murder?
Place the Blame where it lies not where you would like it to be.
". I think there is a limit to how much subsequent catastrophe you can be held responsible for."
What utter rot!
Trump is responsible directly for these deaths
had he not murdered this odious individual from the sky, these people would still be alive and their relatives now be suffering grief.

Footnote; as flecc pointed out I missed the word "not" after "relatives!"

Last edited:

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
All of brought upon herself. She married into Royalty and with that came duty. Duty which she would have fully understood beforehand. She and Harry are now trying to shirk that duty, so the press will pick up on that.
duty?
what do you actually expect for your £1.37 a year contribution to the royal family grant?
Harry and especially Meghan are more employable, have camera friendly faces and more charisma than William and Kate.
They are about the only members of that family that can prosper on their own. Take an objective look at the rest.

• Agree
Reactions: jonathan.agnew

Barry Shittpeas

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 1, 2020
Not stretching it all, the truth is that Trumps act led directly to nearly 200 deaths and the best part of a thousands mourning the loss of their loved ones, and you struggle to find an excuse for this murder?
Place the Blame where it lies not where you would like it to be.
". I think there is a limit to how much subsequent catastrophe you can be held responsible for."
What utter rot!
Trump is responsible directly for these deaths
had he not murdered this odious individual from the sky, these people would still be alive and their relatives now be suffering grief.
The dead guy was a key part of a regime which sets up, directs and funds terrorist activities. Think of the potential lives that may be saved now that this type of activity has been frustrated. Iran pulled the trigger on the plane, not Donald Trump. I suppose Trump is to blame for the New Zealand volcano too?

• Dislike
Reactions: oldgroaner

Barry Shittpeas

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 1, 2020
duty?
what do you actually expect for your £1.37 a year contribution to the royal family grant?
Harry and especially Meghan are more employable, have camera friendly faces and charisma than William and Kate.
Harry is General in Chief of The Royal Marines. That sort of duty amongst others. When you take on a role, you take in responsibility, you can’t dip in and out of these things. That’s not how it works. They both knew it too.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
The dead guy was a key part of a regime which sets up, directs and funds terrorist activities. Think of the potential lives that may be saved now that this type of activity has been frustrated. Iran pulled the trigger on the plane, not Donald Trump. I suppose Trump is to blame for the New Zealand volcano too?
For goodness sake pack this in! we can never agree.
The facts are clear hundreds are dead and hundreds more in mourning because of this act of murder.
And you approve and make excuses

And now you attribute this remark of yours to me?" I suppose Trump is to blame for the New Zealand volcano too?
Why are you suggesting I hold a certain attitude?

I'm afraid you are overstepping the mark, don't go there, we don't need innuendo of that sort, there's an unpleasant name goes with it.

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
"The dead guy was a key part of a regime which sets up, directs and funds terrorist activities" .Yes , but so also is Pres. Trump, ,Putin, Assad, The Queen of UK, and I am sure I can add about 80 more individuals to that list. So Yes BS ( an appropriate choice of initials)

Barry Shittpeas

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 1, 2020
"The dead guy was a key part of a regime which sets up, directs and funds terrorist activities" .Yes , but so also is Pres. Trump, ,Putin, Assad, The Queen of UK, and I am sure I can add about 80 more individuals to that list. So Yes BS ( an appropriate choice of initials)
The Queen? Are you sure? She is funding, training and organising terrorism? Or are you wrong?

I suppose she shot down your imaginary Vickers Viscount in 1968 too did she? Or was it just something more rational like a structural failure, as suggested by the Irish Government?

Last edited:

Barry Shittpeas

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 1, 2020
For goodness sake pack this in! we can never agree.
The facts are clear hundreds are dead and hundreds more in mourning because of this act of murder.
And you approve and make excuses

And now you attribute this remark of yours to me?" I suppose Trump is to blame for the New Zealand volcano too?
Why are you suggesting I hold a certain attitude?

I'm afraid you are overstepping the mark, don't go there, we don't need innuendo of that sort, there's an unpleasant name goes with it.
It wasn’t a murder. It was a tactical military strike against terrorism. It was the Iranians who shot down the plane, do you remember that bit? They fired the missile, it wasn’t the USA.

Last edited:
  • Dislike
Reactions: oldgroaner

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Harry is General in Chief of The Royal Marines. That sort of duty amongst others. When you take on a role, you take in responsibility, you can’t dip in and out of these things. That’s not how it works. They both knew it too.
that's a honorific title and he still is.
It's not as if he is a deserter in time of war.
Until the Queen sorts out a new role for him, I can't see any justification for attacks from the likes of Piers Morgan.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
It wasn’t a murder. It was a tactical military strike against terrorism. It was the Iranians who shot down the plane, do you remember that bit? They fired the missile, it wasn’t the USA.
Sorry but I'm not wasting further comments on this situation.
The facts are Trump Murdered a couple of his enemies in cold blood and that action led to death for nearly 200 more and misery for their grieving relatives, and you approve.
Next!

• :D
Reactions: Barry Shittpeas

Barry Shittpeas

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 1, 2020
Sorry but I'm not wasting further comments on this situation.
The facts are Trump Murdered a couple of his enemies in cold blood and that action led to death for nearly 200 more and misery for their grieving relatives, and you approve.
Next!
That is perverse, but there we go.

The dead Iranian directly funded and supported Hezbollah, you know, the Hezbollah that Jeremy Corbyn referred to as friends, the Hezbollah that blew up a Jewish Community centre killing 85 people and seriously wounding 300 more, the Hezbollah that........ah hang on, the penny has dropped......I get where you are coming from now.

However, I am still of the opinion that the military strike was called for, and by the way things are starting to play out inside Iran, it could even be a master stroke.

The aircraft was shot down by an Iranian missile fired by an Iranian person from inside Iran. The aircraft which took off from Iran and was flying away from Iran before it eventually crashed in Iran. Iran have admitted it was their actions which brought it down. What is it that you don't you want to understand?

You could say this has Iran written all over it. All deaths are the direct and sole responsibility of Iran and the decisions they took. That's the end of it.

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
The Queen? Are you sure? She is funding, training and organising terrorism? Or are you wrong?

I suppose she shot down your imaginary Vickers Viscount in 1968 too did she? Or was it just something more rational like a structural failure, as suggested by the Irish Government?
What are the SAS , SBS, the Paras, and the performance in Afghanistan,? perhaps I can go back to Black and Tans and the hated Auxilaries ,and the threat to visit terrible war on Ireland in 1922,unless we accepted 2/3 of the loaf, which had been voted on in the HoC 6 years earlier
No the Aer Lingus downing was an unfortunate accident, but the others were policy.
What would you consider throwing hooded suspects out of helicopters ? .. they could not know they were hovering at a yard altitude
The fight against the IRA was a very dirty war in your own backyard, and included colluding with and bombing Dublin. If your memory needs refreshing, it was a few hours before a vote in our Dail, which did not suit the UK establishment.
Now I am no supporter of violence, as my many posts will testify, but your unthinking responses of" my country right or wrong" actually feeds into its continuance

Last edited:

Barry Shittpeas

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 1, 2020
What are the SAS , SBS, the Paras, and the performance in Afghanistan,? perhaps I can go back to Black and Tans and the hated Auxilaries ,and the threat to visit terrible war on Ireland in 1922,unless we accepted 2/3 of the loaf, which had been voted on in the HoC 6 years earlier
No the Aer Lingus downing was an unfortunate accident, but the others were policy.
What would you consider throwing hooded suspects out of helicopters ? .. they could not know they were hovering at a yard altitude
If those things happened, I feel sure that appropriate sanctions / punishment would have been dealt out. But, we must remember that when you are dealing with groups who want to kill each other, it’s a dirty business.

As for the SAS, SBS and Parachute Regiment, they are highly regarded military units, probably some of the most skilled at what they do anywhere. Remember their tremendous success in ending the Iranian Embassy situation in London during 1980? Marvellous.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
That is perverse, but there we go.

The dead Iranian directly funded and supported Hezbollah, you know, the Hezbollah that Jeremy Corbyn referred to as friends, the Hezbollah that blew up a Jewish Community centre killing 85 people and seriously wounding 300 more, the Hezbollah that........ah hang on, the penny has dropped......I get where you are coming from now.

However, I am still of the opinion that the military strike was called for, and by the way things are starting to play out inside Iran, it could even be a master stroke.

The aircraft was shot down by an Iranian missile fired by an Iranian person from inside Iran. The aircraft which took off from Iran and was flying away from Iran before it eventually crashed in Iran. Iran have admitted it was their actions which brought it down. What is it that you don't you want to understand?

You could say this has Iran written all over it. All deaths are the direct and sole responsibility of Iran and the decisions they took. That's the end of it.
"
The aircraft was shot down by an Iranian missile fired by an Iranian person from inside Iran. The aircraft which took off from Iran and was flying away from Iran before it eventually crashed in Iran. Iran have admitted it was their actions which brought it down. What is it that you don't you want to understand?"

That you are unable to understand why that happened, or have the humanity to regret the action that led to it.

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
If those things happened, I feel sure that appropriate sanctions / punishment would have been dealt out. But, we must remember that when you are dealing with groups who want to kill each other, it’s a dirty business.

As for the SAS, SBS and Parachute Regiment, they are highly regarded military units, probably some of the most skilled at what they do anywhere. Remember their tremendous success in ending the Iranian Embassy situation in London during 1980? Marvellous.
As my mother in law might say "Tis soft the wool grows on you" if you believe that these activities were punished. But they happened. I do agree that conflict like this a dirty business, but made even dirtier by not acknowledging and confronting facts. Violence breeds violence.

And yes these elite special forces groups are extremely skilled. My point is that you as an English person will see them as saviours and a national treasure, whereas the exact same modus operandi from the QUD , you see as terrorism.
This Iranian General was extremely highly regarded in Iran,.. What would the British emotional response be had Montgomery been shot in Lisbon ,while attending Peace talks instigated by the Italian high command, after El Alamein. The Iranian ambassador to Ireland likened him to the Irish Michael Collins

Advertisers