Brexit, for once some facts.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
for fairplay, you need losers consent to a win. However, the 2016 referendum produced a result where both sides do not consider themselves losers, therefore, no consent.
I have no problem with leavers have a go of making brexit work.
Many of us, on both sides, believe in the greatness of this country but in today's world, would it pass another test against Japan and Germany, the old losing countries?
The "Country" is actually nothing more than a cluster of smallish islands off the coast of Europe. with little available raw materials that are economic to extract
The people on it are no different from the people anywhere else, but they have a problem with identity, and an inability to put the past behind them.
Ironic when you think that virtually none of them could be described as "indigenous" to the country!

There is nothing about the country that earns it the description "great"
It is without doubt one of the most beautiful places on the planet for the sheer variety of it's landscapes and seascapes, I can think of no other country of a similar size that can offer the sheer variety, or be more fertile than here.
It is " magnificent", and despite the propaganda, there are huge expanses of wilderness in North, Wales and Scotland

What lets it down is a tendency among it's inhabitants to see it as merely something to exploit for profit without thinking of the consequences of the generations that will follow.
The mindset of these people is that somehow they "own" it and want to keep it to themselves to abuse and destroy for a profit.
Worst of all the classes of our society responsible for guiding and controlling it's fate could best be described as having the survive and prosper instincts of retarded Dodo's, rushing down to the beach when sailing ships arrive.
(Good description of Brexit there!)

For the sake of Brevity a single word can answer Woosh's question

NO

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: robdon and flecc

Barry Shittpeas

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 1, 2020
Just correcting your difficulty with language.
Pres. Trump was and remains IMPEACHED.. that is to say an Act of the Congress Impeached him. This was brought to the Senate, which after considering opening arguements by Consul, voted not to call witnesses. They then as a majority voted not to sanction.
Agreed, thank you. He has been impeached and has been found not guilty in his impeachment trial.

• Disagree
Reactions: oldgroaner

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
What about Hatti in a Burka then? Do you think she would she feel empowered?
you have to ask her yourself next time you visit!

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Many of us, on both sides, believe in the greatness of this country but in today's world, would it pass another test against Japan and Germany, the old losing countries?
We already have the answer, the economic record since WW2 shows us to be vastly inferior to both Germany and Japan. And we are undoubtedly inferior to Germany in humanitarian terms over the last seventy years.

Reactions: robdon

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
That left wing rag the Times is at it again

Dominic Cummings wants control of budget spending plans
The prime minister’s top adviser is understood to be attempting to set the direction of the government’s tax and spending commitments, which are normally the preserve of the chancellor.

One source said that Mr Cummings was working on proposals for the budget and government spending review “pretty much full time” and was determined to ensure that they delivered the kind of radical “levelling up” of the economy promised by Boris Johnson.

However, the direct involvement of Mr Cummings has not been welcomed by Sajid Javid.

• Informative
Reactions: flecc

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
for fairplay, you need losers consent to a win. However, the 2016 referendum produced a result where both sides do not consider themselves losers, therefore, no consent.
I have no problem with leavers have a go of making brexit work.
We'll all be fine, don't worry.

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
That left wing rag the Times is at it again

Dominic Cummings wants control of budget spending plans
The prime minister’s top adviser is understood to be attempting to set the direction of the government’s tax and spending commitments, which are normally the preserve of the chancellor.

One source said that Mr Cummings was working on proposals for the budget and government spending review “pretty much full time” and was determined to ensure that they delivered the kind of radical “levelling up” of the economy promised by Boris Johnson.

However, the direct involvement of Mr Cummings has not been welcomed by Sajid Javid.
If he's going to deliver the kind of radical “levelling up” of the economy promised by Boris Johnson, what's the problem?

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Would you like to see Hatti in a burka?
you have to ask her yourself next time you visit!
The reason we find it impossible to defeat the Taliban and why they are returning to power is their overwhelming support, not only from all the men their system benefits, but from so many of the women too.

Large numbers of them see the burka wearing as preferable, since it releases them from the twin tyrannies of makeup and fashion. Western women often feel obliged to use these to conform, which can become increasingly stressful as they age.

And anyway, we do similar to the burka driving our cars with dark tinted windows, like mine:

Nissan Leaf 2.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: robdon and Woosh

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
If he's going to deliver the kind of radical “levelling up” of the economy promised by Boris Johnson, what's the problem?
I didn't know that BJ has a radical plan to level up the economy.
As far as I can see since BJ becomes PM, there is no 'up' sign.
consumers' confidence is down, not up.
Car factories' output is down, not up.
The value of the Pound has not improved.
and where would the money come from?
Already the City is rattled because service is not present in any trade deals.
What's the point of no tariff trade deals when our manufacturing has been or will be wiped out?
The only credible noises that BJ has made is about near shore fishing, that's it, nothing more than fish.

Last edited:

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
Nice chap...

Tory candidate jailed for violent threats against Yvette Cooper
Joshua Spencer, 25, attended Cooper’s election count after arrest and received character reference from Tory MP
A Conservative activist who sent messages claiming to have paid “crackheads” £100 to beat up the Labour MP Yvette Cooper and warned that “if you make peaceful revolution difficult you make a violent one inevitable” has been jailed for nine weeks.

Joshua Spencer, who received a character reference from the Conservative MP Andrea Jenkyns, attended Cooper’s general election count in December as a representative of the Conservative party despite being under investigation by West Yorkshire police after his arrest.

The unemployed 25-year-old, a constituent of Cooper’s, was arrested in April last year and stood for the Conservatives in May’s local elections.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2020/feb/07/tory-activist-jailed-for-violent-threats-against-yvette-cooper

Barry Shittpeas

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 1, 2020
The reason we find it impossible to defeat the Taliban and why they are returning to power is their overwhelming support, not only from all the men their system benefits, but from so many of the women too.

Large numbers of them see the burka wearing as preferable, since it releases them from the twin tyrannies of makeup and fashion. Western women often feel obliged to use these to conform, which can become increasingly stressful as they age.

And anyway, we do similar to the burka driving our cars with dark tinted windows, like mine:

View attachment 33972
Very nice, it looks good. I am rapidly coming around to the idea of buying one of these.

Is that a tree in the background? I never knew they had trees in London. I thought it had all been built on. Amazing :)

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Is that a tree in the background? I never knew they had trees in London. I thought it had all been built on. Amazing :)
It's all trees, my estate has Forest as part of its name. Eighty yards from me is a 200 acre nature reserve, a third hay meadows and two thirds woodlands. And all of this entirely within London.

Here's three views from my ground floor flat windows:

View to Bears Wood.jpg

View to Surrey Border.jpg

Sunset over Selsdon Wood.jpg

Barry Shittpeas

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 1, 2020

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales

View attachment 33972
Can it take a bike carrier (not on the roof)?

Advertisers