Brexit, for once some facts.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Great news for the mugs who voted for Brexit and Boris, a new poll in the daily express confirms they want Boris to think big and are happy to pay more taxes.
Bang goes the notion that Brexit means things will be cheaper.
And with it the last fragment of the notion
“They knew what they were voting for” and it has been replaced with “we will Tell you what you voted for “
You will obey.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
It's a big advantage if you're ugly, especially if all the other women have to wear one!
I reckon any of us can spot a beautiful woman in any clothing.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
There's plenty of them missing for all sorts of emotions, probably just as well. :)
Yes, I agree. Nicola Sturgeon’s radiant beauty would penetrate a burka constructed of the heaviest denier material available, for example.
I was about to mention Anne Widdicombe....
And thought of lead for some reason

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Latest Public Poll results

Results of You Gov poll 7/02/2020
Questioned 2576 Adults
Will UK rejoin the EU?

Def Will.....................7%
Prob Will.................20%
Prob Wont..............28%
Def Wont................21%
Dont Know.............24%

Survation Poll 31/01/2020 (numbers not quoted)

Question is UK better off outside the EU?

Better off outside................38%
Worse off..............................42%
Neither better or worse off..13%
Dont Know..............................8%

The Public is as expected already regarding membership of the EU as of less interest as time passes, and the fact that there is no way that the Government will decide to rejoin is having the desired effect from their point of view of relegating the subject to the past.
However thus far, nothing has happened that affects the public directly, even though moves are being made by the Government that are actually against the public interest, and they are being covered up with more bogus promises, and diversionary tactics.
What is interesting is the intensity of the propaganda campaign in the Right wing press, that has now decided to brainwash the public into thinking it was their idea all along to pay higher Taxes for better services.

The prognosis is still that there are very rocky times ahead, especially with Boris playing the part of "El Macho" in a re' run of "Despicable me 2" ably supported by Sajid David as "Gru" ,Cummings as "Dr Nefario" and the cabinet of his tame band of minions.

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
However thus far, nothing has happened that affects the public directly, even though moves are being made by the Government that are actually against the public interest, and they are being covered up with more bogus promises, and diversionary tactics.
Stilton might be made in Stilton! Shocker.

The EU name protection will all disappear and we will have to re-establish a UK version. But I suspect that means names like Stilton will not be protected within the EU.

Now that really matters to people. (Actually, it might well really matter if exports are further hit by such issues.)

Reactions: oldgroaner

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
But not tomorrow (probably):

Humber Bridge warning of possible closure to all traffic on Sunday
Surprisingly today has been a very calm day. And even now there is very little wind, perhaps the storm has been delayed?

Reactions: oyster

Barry Shittpeas

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 1, 2020
Nothing says save the planet better than a Lithium mine. Do the diggers in the mine run on batteries I wonder.
Roll on a total ban on IC engines 34002

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
Surprisingly today has been a very calm day. And even now there is very little wind, perhaps the storm has been delayed?
Some of today was really nice. Went for a ride this afternoon and it was getting grey and a bit windy. But it is now starting to be more seriously windy. Forecast says gusting 46 now - and I would not be surprised if it is at least that. But yellow warning does not start until midnight and it gets to 61 tomorrow.

Horsehair was getting blown!

Reactions: Woosh and flecc

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
Great news for the mugs who voted for Brexit and Boris, a new poll in the daily express confirms they want Boris to think big and are happy to pay more taxes.
Bang goes the notion that Brexit means things will be cheaper.
And with it the last fragment of the notion
“They knew what they were voting for” and it has been replaced with “we will Tell you what you voted for “
You will obey.
Complain when you have to pay more, not when you read an article in the Guardian from some deranged activist with bad loser syndrome.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Apparently according to this NHS advice
Coronavirus is actually GERMS not a Virus.?

And we should leave contaminated tissues in bins for others to share?

After the previous advice to have others take your children to school while you are quarantined it's nice to know the Government has a plan.
Pretty much along the same lines here is some advice on Storm precautions

Last edited:
Reactions: oyster

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Now this I can believe :cool:

Reminiscent of the old joke about the Vicar giving a Sermon on the Seven Deadly sins.
He reached the one about Adultery and suddenly rushed out of the Church.
Having remembered where he left his bike.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Really? In the Telegraph..

Boris looks at a Mansion Tax?
Tories eye mansion tax and raid on pensions
Party stunned as No 10 and Treasury discuss series of levies on better-off homeowners and workers primarily in the South East of England

Boris Johnson has been weighing up shock plans to impose a “mansion tax” on owners of expensive homes, in a move which will infuriate the Conservative Party’s grassroots and stun MPs.

Severe cuts to pension tax relief enjoyed by millions of voters are also being considered by the Prime Minister and his Chancellor, Sajid Javid, for the Budget next month in an effort to pay for a huge increase in public spending.

Two separate sources told The Telegraph that ideas to raise more tax from better-off homeowners had been discussed on separate occasions in the past few weeks at the highest levels of the Treasury and No 10.

Some Treasury officials are understood to be keen on introducing what has been described as a “recurring” wealth tax that would primarily affect London and the South East, possibly as a quid pro quo for cutting stamp duty....

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
How long have the tories been in charge?

Boris Johnson in NHS power grab: PM plans new law to force health service chief Sir Simon Stevens to obey ministers' orders in bid to increase No10's control
  • No10 staff are concerned NHS England chief executive has too much power
  • PM planning to introduce new law that gives ministers power to give him orders
  • Downing Street facing pressure to reduce wait times amid post-Brexit promises
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7980449/Boris-Johnson-plans-new-law-force-Sir-Simon-Stevens-NHS-England-chief-executive-obey-orders.html

Advertisers