Brexit, for once some facts.

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
It's very difficult to say with certainty, since London is such an anomaly. We have the highest immigration effect with well over half the population not white British born, yet we have the highest satisfaction about immigration and voted solidly to remain in the EU with its immigration policies.

You can see how that's diametrically opposed to much else of the country.

And yet another anomaly is that those with the least immigrants often kick up the greatest fuss about them. I well remember some years ago the Welsh town that was so infuriated by immigrants that it took to the streets with a mass march to protest about being overwhelmed by the number of immigrants.

It subsequently transpired that this town of 40,000 inhabitants had accepted just 22 immigrants!
Much the same as France being overrun by its 7.5% muslim population and the people voting for Le Pen living there where that percentage is even less.

Reactions: oldtom and flecc

oldtom

Esteemed Pedelecer
Gove proves that a brain is not necessary to be a past Minister in Charge of Education. or a Champion of Hard Brexit

The Actual number that voted for Farage was, wait for it, 16,026
Gove is the member for Surrey Heath, a secure tory seat, - no surprise there - He is Edinburgh's shame and one of Rupert Murdoch's parliamentary puppets.

His politics are further to the right than Pol Pot, Augusto Pinochet, Stalin and Mao Zedong but you probably think I'm kidding. This piece of work should be in the dock with Iain Duncan Smith charged with crimes against the people.

Just ask a teacher!

Tom

oldtom

Esteemed Pedelecer
UKIP seems not to want to close up shop even though its apparent raison dêtre was achieved back in June. Of course, that's hardly surprising as it is simply another vehicle by which tories can get aboard the gravy train of Westminster politics and goes a long way to marginalising the Labour party come elections.

If anyone doubts the kind of people which populate the UKIP ranks, this article might give a flavour of the qualities of its candidates:

http://voxpoliticalonline.com/2016/11/28/new-ukip-leadership-were-all-failed-former-tories-prides-purge/

UKIP is a construct brought into reality for the sole purpose of moving the UK towards a one-party state and that state is the one that seeks to widen the gulf in society between the haves and the have-nots. It is nothing less than a military stratagem in the class war being waged against the have-nots.

Tom

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
Tom
I,m absolutely sure the general ebiker is way better mannered than yourself. It wouldn't be difficult and its to be hoped so.
You,ve called me a bigot on absolutely no evidence, you,ve labelled millions of people idiots, you,ve called conservative voters scum all with absolutely no justification apart from your own blatant bigotry. Why your attitude is tolerated I have no idea.
You are the worst example of a forumite I,ve ever come across, I really dont care about this Forum but if anyone did you,d have been banned months ago.It really is a shame.

Can you imagine kids playing football and half of them refusing to follow any rules. It would be pointless. Rules are there to make the game work,if you dont follow them there is no game. Its the same on forum. Its not a forum anymore.
To be fair should have said this thread. Seems just on here.

Last edited:

oldtom

Esteemed Pedelecer
I have read that Tony B-liar is striving to re-enter mainstream politics. How can this be? I have been waiting and waiting for the news report of his arrest and detention for crimes against humanity, particularly after the publication of the Chilcot inquiry report.

However, it appears that, as in the current matter concerning child abuse in the world of football, people are now willing to come forward and tell the truth about the dirty business of politics. This may well impact on B-liar's campaign to get back to the corridors of power but it doesn't help me understand why he has been protected from justice for which he should stand trial at The Hague.

It is high time these politicians should be held responsible for their actions and this purveyor of tory-lite politics should be made an example of.

http://www.thecanary.co/2016/11/28/fresh-scandal-end-tony-blairs-political-comeback-begins/

Tom

• Agree
Reactions: Zlatan

Kudoscycles

Official Trade Member
Apr 15, 2011
www.kudoscycles.com
Theresa May has said that 'they are not going to give a running commentary because that could undermine their negotiating position.
Instead some ministerial aide showed the world,by revealing her notes,walking from No 9 to No 10 Downing Street.
As we suspected our government have not decided even the basics of their negotiating 'red lines'.
It just endorses how incompetent this government is....the negotiations after triggering Article 50 will be very complex,yet they are approaching it like a politics students project.
KudosDave

oldtom

Esteemed Pedelecer
I was criticised recently for commenting that the BBC has a hatred of foreigners. For some time now, I have taken my news broadcasts from other sources but I do see the BBC news website on my PC although I normally only look at the headlines.

I certainly missed this interview but it corroborates what I have witnessed increasingly over recent years from 'dear old Auntie'. It is just one example of how the British people are presented, not with evidentially supported facts, but with a carefully edited form of reporting designed to deliver a message to an audience about who we should align ourselves with and who the bad guys are in parts of the world most of us couldn't even pinpoint on a map.

There have been many examples in recent times when we have discovered, years after the event, that people in high places lied through their teeth to the public. The 1989 Hillsborough disaster was one and also from the 1980s, the miners' strike was another. In the latter, Arthur Scargill was demonised by a media which produced senior MPs and NCB officials for every newscast, all of whom it has since been discovered lied time and time again about pit closures and redundancies. The record now demonstrates that Scargill told the truth consistently throughout the dispute.

Because of the BBC and Sky's partisan reporting of major news events after consultation with tory central office, I decided to look elsewhere for the stories and it is surprising to read the same story without side from foreign broadcasters.

I'm afraid we have been forced into a kind of servitude previously only to be found in the minds of great writers like Aldous Huxley and George Orwell, although what they described was largely based on fact, only embellished with imagination.

But we're not brainwashed, are we? Course not - we're too clever cos we watch the news on BBC and know all about politics and economics.

Tom

• Agree
Reactions: robdon

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Tom
I,m absolutely sure the general ebiker is way better mannered than yourself. It wouldn't be difficult and its to be hoped so.
You,ve called me a bigot on absolutely no evidence, you,ve labelled millions of people idiots, you,ve called conservative voters scum all with absolutely no justification apart from your own blatant bigotry. Why your attitude is tolerated I have no idea.
You are the worst example of a forumite I,ve ever come across, I really dont care about this Forum but if anyone did you,d have been banned months ago.It really is a shame.

Can you imagine kids playing football and half of them refusing to follow any rules. It would be pointless. Rules are there to make the game work,if you dont follow them there is no game. Its the same on forum. Its not a forum anymore.
To be fair should have said this thread. Seems just on here.
And this from a Paragon of diplomacy as in this remark.
"OG You are mad."
Bearing that in mind, let me just ask if you have had an offer of employment in the USA?
I have realised your true identity.
"You are Nigel Farage and I claim my Five pounds!":cool:

In order to comply with Forum rules I shall add I.M.H.O to the end of this post.
Very liberating, covers a multitude of sins, try it yourself sometime.

Last edited:
Reactions: robdon and oldtom

oldtom

Esteemed Pedelecer
It just endorses how incompetent this government is....the negotiations after triggering Article 50 will be very complex,yet they are approaching it like a politics students project.
KudosDave
Yes, I do agree that the tory government is incompetent - their record on the national debt and public finances demonstrates their way out of recession was completely wrong.

That aside though, this 'Brexit' nonsense is unchartered territory for them and the PM lacks experience in global matters and particularly in European matters, being the pertinent issue at the present time.

I suspect that parliament will be immensely difficult to persuade that 'Brexit' is anything other than a huge leap of faith which, to date, seems to be the most positive thing we can say about it. Mrs May, I believe, will ultimately choose the course least damaging to her, rather than what may or may not be the best course for the nation.

Tom

• Agree

tillson

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 29, 2008
You,ve called me a bigot on absolutely no evidence, you,ve labelled millions of people idiots, you,ve called conservative voters scum all with absolutely no justification apart from your own blatant bigotry.
Zlatan, don't take old tom's comments to heart. He slings accusations of racism and bigotry around like spinster throwing confetti at a fat birds wedding :) He either doesn't understand these terms or he believes that they are only applicable to other people. In other words, it's meaningless coming from him, so I wouldn't worry at all.

In post #7192 he reminds you of the definition of a bigot. I had to smile, because he clearly believes that the definition is for others and not himself. Classic old tom.

Kudoscycles

Official Trade Member
Apr 15, 2011
www.kudoscycles.com
Yes, I do agree that the tory government is incompetent - their record on the national debt and public finances demonstrates their way out of recession was completely wrong.

That aside though, this 'Brexit' nonsense is unchartered territory for them and the PM lacks experience in global matters and particularly in European matters, being the pertinent issue at the present time.

I suspect that parliament will be immensely difficult to persuade that 'Brexit' is anything other than a huge leap of faith which, to date, seems to be the most positive thing we can say about it. Mrs May, I believe, will ultimately choose the course least damaging to her, rather than what may or may not be the best course for the nation.

Tom
Tom...I assume that you have seen the images of the notes taken by the governments secretary.....by now they will be on the front page of every EU newspaper,with a translation.
So much for May not wishing to reveal her negotiating position,actually it didn't reveal her position but it did reveal that she hasn't got one.
KudosDave

Reactions: flecc

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Zlatan, don't take old tom's comments to heart. He slings accusations of racism and bigotry around like spinster throwing confetti at a fat birds wedding :) He either doesn't understand these terms or he believes that they are only applicable to other people. In other words, it's meaningless coming from him, so I wouldn't worry at all.

In post #7192 he reminds you of the definition of a bigot. I had to smile, because he clearly believes that the definition is for others and not himself. Classic old tom.
Splendid tillson! give the fella your support, he came to drain the swamp only to find he didn't like the alligators, but he has correctly decided I am Mad. (a plus point in his favour, I'm sure you will agree)
Had he bothered to consult you first he could have avoided the shock to the system of discovering that for himself.
He is fertile ground for you as he is sympathetic to the Brexit cause, though I could of course have been confused about that and got the wrong end of the stick.
Apart from having the mission of clearing the money lenders out of the temple he is an OK guy, and he shares your passion for Old tom (But he may not for small mad Scottish women,) so tread carefully there till he states his preference.
The two of you will make a great team as I believe he is secretly Nigel Farage in Stealth mode.....:cool:
Regards, your biggest Fan
PS: Kudos for "like a spinster throwing confetti at a fat bird's wedding" is it your very own? and are we allowed to use it?

Last edited:

tillson

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 29, 2008
Splendid tillson! give the fella your support, he came to drain the swamp only to find he didn't like the alligators, but he has correctly decided I am Mad. (a plus point in his favour, I'm sure you will agree)
Had he bothered to consult you first he could have avoided the shock to the system of discovering that for himself.
He is fertile ground for you as he is sympathetic to the Brexit cause, though I could of course have been confused about that and got the wrong end of the stick.
Apart from having the mission of clearing the money lenders out of the temple he is an OK guy, and he shares your passion for Old tom (But he may not for small mad Scottish women,) so tread carefully there till he states his preference.
The two of you will make a great team as I believe he is secretly Nigel Farage in Stealth mode.....:cool:
Regards, your biggest Fan
PS: Kudos for "Spinsters throwing confetti at a fat bird's wedding" is it your very own? and are we allowed to use it?
All mine as far as I know, know so no permissions required. You are of course free to use the phrase should the necessary circumstances present themselves.

oldtom

Esteemed Pedelecer

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
All mine as far as I know, know so no permissions required. You are of course free to use the phrase should the necessary circumstances present themselves.
As usual your command of the art of communication exceeds my own.
Very impressive!

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
I hadn't seen those images David but I just had a quick search and sure enough, I found the Sun's piece on it. Here's the link:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/2282913/leaked-memo-government-france-biggest-threat-good-brexit-deal/

Tom

ps They make mention of concessions in exchange for security - you really couldn't make this up!
Sorry but I'm having another attack of hysterical laughter at this, clearly either i have gone mad (as suggested on here) or our Masters certainly have!
So the Frenchies are the threat are they?
Woe and thrice woe! they are due to be Rogered with a Rag man's Rusty Trumpet in the Mail and Express tomorrow!!
And this is in the Sun?
Mind you it could be April the 1st... oh, no it isn't.

• :D
Reactions: robdon and oldtom

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
It's a pity that I lack the intelligence to communicate anything worthwhile.
Whoa there you have the intelligence alright but after seeing the images of the leaked memo today I fear for us all!
We will end up a complete laughing stock the way this Government is behaving, it is embarassing!
No one could communicate anything of value that they do, now could they?
Chin up my friend.
At last we know the plan
It is to go for Comedy Plus

Last edited:

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
I have seen some pretty stupid Photoshopped hoaxes in my time (even made a couple for laughs) but these people are scraping the bottom of the barrel...

• Agree

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
The Daily mail printed this
"
The document photographed in Downing Street appears to offer a glimpse into the Brexit strategy. While some of the document is obscured, it appears to say:

'Problematic for EU if we move decisively with no transition.

'Difficult on Article 50 (obscured – interpretation?) – Barnier wants to see what deal looks like first.

Got to be done in parallel – 20 odd negotiations. Keep the two years.

'Won’t provide more details. We think it’s unlikely we’ll be offered single market. Our criteria are clear – (obscured obscured) the better.

'Manufacturing relatively straightforward.

'ECJ and control of borders won’t fit.

'Transitional – loathe to do it. Whitehall will hold on to it. We need to being an end to the negotiation

'Services harder – because French hoping for business

'WD biggest interest is single market.

'Headlines won’t change from now until March though.

'Why no Norway – two elements. No ECJ intervention. We’ve a (obscured) beyond our trade with Europe. Unlikely to do internal market.

'Trade with EU through DEXU not DIT.

'UK exports. Only 11% of our (obscured) exports.'

The document includes a box of separate content. It reads:

'What’s the model? Have cake and eat it.

'Very French negotiating team.

'Need fair process guaranteed – in Dutch interests too.

'Canada plus – more on services

'Europe gets a good deal on security.

'(obscured) EEA model not good'

Below the aide's arm is a further, partially obscured section, which reads:

'Fearful for ECB Be wary of accident (obscured)

'3. Free trade/free movement. Good networks (obscured)

'Industrial and service sectors (obscure) manufacturing…

'Looking at Canadian dela and add to it

'French likely to be most difficult. We want successful…

'Don’t want instability in Europe. Fearful of us as competitor…

(obscured) a Christian Democratic Union. If we have a bad deal, we’ll -'

Advertisers