Brexit, for once some facts.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
BTW, BJ tested positive in case you haven't heard the news about 20 minutes ago.

• :D
Reactions: POLLY and oyster

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
Yes. A lot of the shutdowns are (over?)reaction to behaviour last weekend with huge disregard of social distancing in many places in parks and in the countryside. I wonder if they were reopened how much behaviour would be different ... I think people are much more serious about this now than they were last Sunday.
Many people have to travel quite a lot of miles just to get to a proper food shop.

• Agree
Reactions: sjpt and flecc

wheeler

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 4, 2016
Scotland
And he does his run for exercise in the urban area, far more risky than driving out of town for it.
According to an explanation I heard this morning regarding not driving to places for exercise, the concern is that should there be a collision resulting in injury scarce emergency resources will be required to attend.
The remote chance of this happening is insignificant against the need to protect people's mental and physical health during a time of enforced imprisonment.

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
Yes. A lot of the shutdowns are (over?)reaction to behaviour last weekend with huge disregard of social distancing in many places in parks and in the countryside. I wonder if they were reopened how much behaviour would be different ... I think people are much more serious about this now than they were last Sunday.
Again an over reaction. . When we had such things happening, the response of the Ministers was more in sorrow than anger.." Yes you all went out, you all went to the same spots ,It was a lovely day ,we get it,., We not blaming you .but its just not on . Cop yourselves on or we will need to go the way of other countries.. "

• Agree
Reactions: Barry Shittpeas

Barry Shittpeas

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 1, 2020
But he only has mild symptoms and is self-isolating so just why was he tested at all
Exactly. If a front line doctor or nurse who is actively and directly saving people’s lives does not qualify for a test, why does this dithering, bungling and ineffective clown get one?

If I hear them say they are getting PPE out to front line staff or talking to British Industry about making thousands of ventilators one more time, I will set fire to my local Tory MP. They’ve been saying the same garbage day after day and nothing has happened. In fact they have lost an opportunity yesterday. Wankers.

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
According to an explanation I heard this morning regarding not driving to places for exercise, the concern is that should there be a collision resulting in injury scarce emergency resources will be required to attend.
The remote chance of this happening is insignificant against the need to protect people's mental and physical health during a time of enforced imprisonment.
.. that argument is about banning stairs and beds. Lots of people suffer injuries in falls from both.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Have the railways finally totally abandoned spray-it-onto-the-tracks-and-workers train toilets?

Had been going to check this morning but since you have posted...

Gastrointestinal symptoms and spread

A rarely mentioned early symptom is gastrointestinal distress. About 10% of cases can start with a couple of days of diarrhea, abdominal pain, nausea, or vomiting and then respiratory symptoms develop, said David A. Johnson, chief of gastroenterology at Eastern Virginia Medical School, who has reviewed studies on the new disease. He said this makes sense because the virus first targets a type of cell that lives both in the lungs and in parts of the digestive tract.

There is evidence of viral shedding in feces, he said. That is not proof that virus in the stool is infectious, he said, but is reason to worry that the disease can be transmitted through a fecal-oral route. It’s another argument for good hand hygiene and bathroom cleaning. In a Chinese study, the shedding continued for up to 12 days after people tested negative for the virus, he said.

https://www.inquirer.com/health/coronavirus/coronanvirus-early-first-symptoms-temple-university-penn-state-20200318.html

Looks like they do still muckspread...

UK Trains Given the Brown Light to Continue Dumping Human Waste on the Tracks

By Gary Cutlack on 04 Nov 2019 at 11:30AM

Several UK rail franchises are sticking with the horrifyingly outdated practise of discharging flushed toilets directly onto the tracks, as efforts to retrofit the national fleet with new rolling stock and/or septic tank facilities have ground to a classic halt.

Therefore you will be advised not to flush the toilet in stations on some trains operated by Abellio's East Midlands Railway franchise for the foreseeable future, as the Department for Transport has given it a new deadline of 2023 to sort out the issue that still affects some trains departing from London St Pancras on the proper grown-up mainline lines. Over the hills on services offered by the West Midlands franchise, a spokesperson said it might have the issue solved by the end of this year, mind, thanks to a mixture of updated carriages and the clever approach of... simply locking the doors of toilets that don't comply.

https://www.gizmodo.co.uk/2019/11/uk-train-toilet-waste-dump/
Another triumph for what jokingly passes as "Government Scientific Advisers" in this country.
What can they surprise and delight is with next?
Ah here is comes Boris has tested positive , he has only mild symptoms no doubt held at bay by the low temperature in fridge he has self isolated in.

Hence this warning :
Do not approach or open any Fridge you cannot personally identify and vouch for.
If no welding kit available, Nail the door shut:cool:

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Exactly. If a front line doctor or nurse who is actively and directly saving people’s lives does not qualify for a test, why does this dithering, bungling and ineffective clown get one?

If I hear them say they are getting PPE out to front line staff or talking to British Industry about making thousands of ventilators one more time, I will set fire to my local Tory MP. They’ve been saying the same garbage day after day and nothing has happened. In fact they have lost an opportunity yesterday. Wankers.
They wont burn, it's the sodden wood you know:cool:

• :D
Reactions: Barry Shittpeas

Advertisers