Brexit, for once some facts.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
More on the Gtech device

Worcester's Gtech told not to produce much-needed ventilators by the government, chief executive says

Remembering that De Havilland were told not to produce the Mosquito by the Government, my action in his position would be to put them into productions and offer them on the net.

• Informative
Reactions: oyster

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015

Brexitshambles@brexit_sham

·
2h

Parliamentary staff, aides, staffers, lobby journos......
Quote Tweet

Stephen Bush

@stephenkb
· 2h
16 days after the first MP was diagnosed with covid-19, the PM, two Cabinet ministers, a shadow Cabinet minister and countless MPs have it. Surely raises question about how the parliamentary authorities handled first case: https://newstatesman.com/politics/staggers/2020/03/boris-johnson-coronavirus-mps-westminster-covid-19

oldgroaner@oldgroaner

Replying to
@brexit_sham
There isn't a question, just facts, the government vacillated, lied, mislead the public and made all the wrong decisions, and for all their advice caught it too.

• Agree
Reactions: flecc and Woosh

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Just heard this on the daily government briefing:

33,000 hospital beds ready to treat corona virus patients.
That's how many patients the NHS expects for the current wave.

• :D
Reactions: POLLY

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
What happened to Raab? now we have the loathsome Gove giving the press conference.
Gove may be the 'designated survivor' of this cabinet.
He does have form :)

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales

Brexitshambles@brexit_sham

·
2h

Parliamentary staff, aides, staffers, lobby journos......
Quote Tweet

Stephen Bush

@stephenkb
· 2h
16 days after the first MP was diagnosed with covid-19, the PM, two Cabinet ministers, a shadow Cabinet minister and countless MPs have it. Surely raises question about how the parliamentary authorities handled first case: https://newstatesman.com/politics/staggers/2020/03/boris-johnson-coronavirus-mps-westminster-covid-19

oldgroaner@oldgroaner

Replying to
@brexit_sham
There isn't a question, just facts, the government vacillated, lied, mislead the public and made all the wrong decisions, and for all their advice caught it too.
Why should anyone trust them for protection if they can't even protect themselves? (Not that they should be doing so ahead of the rest of us. Of course.)

• Agree
Reactions: oldgroaner

Wicky

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 12, 2014
Colchester, Essex
www.jhepburn.co.uk

LYNCHBURG, Va. — Following the decision to allow students to remain on campus during the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, Liberty University is giving students a chance to meet Jesus Christ by the end of the semester, the school announced Wednesday.

“The health and safety of our students is a top priority, and who better a mentor than the big guy himself?” Jerry Falwell Jr., the school’s president, said in a statement, clarifying that approximately 4% of the student body could be fortunate enough to meet Jesus Christ in the next few months. The remainder of students are expected to return for the fall semester, since the university requires their tuition payments to pay for Falwell’s shady business dealings.

“By allowing students to remain on campus grounds, we’re not only offering them a lesson in our version of social distancing, but also setting them up for a one-way trip to meet the man himself. Giving our youth a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to meet the Son of God in Heaven is just one of many things that makes our university unique.”

Falwell did note that attempts at meeting Jesus Christ would be considered extracurricular work outside of the classroom; however, those who succeed will receive an honorary doctorate in willful ignorance of basic biology.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
For over two weeks the government have been asking people to check on and look after elderly neighbours. With six flats in my block I have five immediate neighbours. We are all friends on first name terms and swap Xmas cards etc.

Over the years and currently I give them lots of help. One I drove to Argos for a tumble dryer she wanted urgently, picked it up and back home installed it for her. Another I fitted an aerial in the loft for them when they couldn't get a decent TV signal. In two of the flats at different times I've fixed plumbing leaks for them. With a large range of tools and hardware I act as their free tool hire and ironmongery shop free of charge, anything from a screwdriver to a router plus hardware free on request. I also take in and sign for deliveries for them.

I'm a keyholder for one the flats occupied by a long term neighbour and friend and when they are away I open and close their curtains morning and evening to simulate occupancy for security. In doing that I also feed their tropical fish in two main tanks and two nursery tanks.

So how many of them has asked if this 84 year old needs any help? Thats right, not one. Now I don't post this from any annoyance, firstly since I don't need any help, secondly I know they have problems of their own to take care of so wouldn't want to trouble them with more, especially since they all work and I'm retired.

But it does show how flawed the government's assumption is, I'm betting my situation is repeated all over the country. Of course they have promised to organise direct deliveries of food to those like myself, but if that's anything like Universal Credit I'd starve to death before the first delivery arrived.

Last edited:

Wicky

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 12, 2014
Colchester, Essex
www.jhepburn.co.uk

UK-EU Brexit trade talks to go ahead

Talks between the UK and the EU on a post-Brexit trade deal will go ahead as planned next week, despite the chief negotiator on each side being diagnosed with coronavirus.

The UK's negotiator David Frost and his EU counterpart Michel Barnier are in self-isolation after positive tests for the virus.

UK Cabinet Office minister Michael Gove will meet EU officials via video link in the first meeting on Monday.

Despite much of Europe being in lockdown because of the pandemic, Downing Street insists there will be "no change" to its timetable for getting a trade deal done.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015

UK-EU Brexit trade talks to go ahead

Talks between the UK and the EU on a post-Brexit trade deal will go ahead as planned next week, despite the chief negotiator on each side being diagnosed with coronavirus.

The UK's negotiator David Frost and his EU counterpart Michel Barnier are in self-isolation after positive tests for the virus.

UK Cabinet Office minister Michael Gove will meet EU officials via video link in the first meeting on Monday.

Despite much of Europe being in lockdown because of the pandemic, Downing Street insists there will be "no change" to its timetable for getting a trade deal done.
We really need to be rid of these raving lunatics

• Agree
Reactions: Nev and flecc

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Put not your faith in Chief Medical officers

Dr Rosena Allin-Khan@DrRosena

The Chief Medical Officer is now self-isolating for 7 days because he is showing symptoms. The World Health Org says we must self-isolate for 14 days - it is deeply alarming that our most senior officials aren't following this. Govt must immediately change national advice!

They can be as stupid as politicians

Reactions: oyster

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
Wales has gone into overdrive! (Actually, overdrive is lowering revs at speed to make progress nice and relaxing. Hey, you know what I mean.)

The first two are very relevant to me. The last indicates the scale - with Newport area being especially badly affected. Have to say, it is a nice thought that some might need somewhere to recover.

Bluestone holiday resort in Pembrokeshire to become coronavirus recovery hospital
The popular family holiday destination will be used to treat people recovering from the virus

Inside the makeshift hospitals being made ready to help cope with the coronavirus pandemic
It's part of the plans in Carmarthenshire to manage the Covid-19 outbreak

Work is now well underway at Parc y Scarlets in Llanelli, turning 'The Barn' area of the stadium into a place where coronavirus patients can be treated in the coming weeks and months.

In total, hundreds of beds will be placed at three sites in the county - as well as Parc y Scarlets, work is also underway at Carmarthen Leisure Centre and at the Selwyn Samuel Centre in Llanelli.

Principality Stadium to be turned into huge 2,000-bed hospital to help fight against coronavirus
The Welsh Rugby Union has made the stadium available to the Welsh Government

• Informative
  • :D
Reactions: flecc and POLLY

Barry Shittpeas

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 1, 2020
Something doesn't add up:

We had Matt Hancock on QT saying that the UK was participating in the EU Ventilator Procurement Programme. The UK were even present in the meeting when the procurement idea was conceived.

Then, yesterday, we had an official statement from Downing Street saying the U.K. were not participating in the EU Ventilator Procurement Programme because we are not EU members. This drew criticism from all quarters, including the Tory Party.

Six hours later, Downing Street withdraw their first statement and give a “dog ate my homework” excuse of misplacing an email inviting them to participate in the ventilator programme.

If ever there was an example of how to undermine the public’s trust, display poor leadership qualities and look incompetent, this is it. They make me sick.

Barry Shittpeas

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 1, 2020
I’m watching a programme on C4 about Coronavirus. They’ve just shown the Wet Market in China where the virus is thought to have started.

Good grief, the filthy little bastards. They behave like animals. I’m only surprised the dirty ***** haven’t started more pandemics.

Last edited:

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Brexitshambles Retweeted

Elinor Elliot@ElliotElinor

·

Michael Gove's odious. He doesn't even seem to be a real person: just a succession of poorly assumed attitudes, all of which are inauthentic. He's just done "sorrowful Gove", "brave Gove" and "determined Gove". None of it adequately conceals the snivelling little **** underneath.

He's certainly a man for the ladies. that is for them to use colourful invective when lauding his all too obvious talents.

Reactions: oyster and flecc

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I’m watching a programme on C4 about Coronavirus. They’ve just shown the Wet Market in China where the virus is thought to have started.

Good grief, the filthy little bastards. They behave like animals. I’m only surprised the dirty ***** haven’t started more pandemics.
Maybe that's why they have a greatly improving situation there, they've perhaps developed more immunity to these viruses.

Advertisers