Brexit, for once some facts.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
So as a drugs dealer whatever happens to the country doesn't really effect you then...
So as a drugs dealer whatever happens to the country doesn't really effect you then...
no but i can get a sub machine gun if i got the change ;)

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
The Telegraph is doing it's usual pro Boris personality campaign

"Boris Johnson was last night moved out of intensive care as No 10 said he was in “extremely good spirits”. The Prime Minister is in the “early phase” of recovery, a Downing Street spokesman said, as Mr Johnson was moved back to a low-dependency ward at St Thomas’ Hospital, London.

Why is the utter twat in good spirits after causing unnecessary deaths ?
Because he thinks he is going to get away with murder!

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
The Telegraph is doing it's usual pro Boris personality campaign

"Boris Johnson was last night moved out of intensive care as No 10 said he was in “extremely good spirits”. The Prime Minister is in the “early phase” of recovery, a Downing Street spokesman said, as Mr Johnson was moved back to a low-dependency ward at St Thomas’ Hospital, London.

Why is the utter twat in good spirits after causing unnecessary deaths ?
Because he thinks he is going to get away with murder!
High spirits.
Good spirits.
Extremely good spirits.

And it appears no-one (significant) has talked to him. It all reads as "what can we say next time?"

Last edited:

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
The Guardian story ends:

“I will be staying at my family home until government advice changes or if I am needed in person in Westminster before the parliamentary session resumes after the Easter recess.”

... or if my parents decide they'll ring up and ask me to get some medicines for them. After all, if it was right and proper to do so once, it would be right and proper to do so again, and again, and again,....

As Raab doesn't have the power to sack him (no hire and fire), there are limited options. Public disavowal of his actions. Resignation precipitating a problem of how to replace him. Let it be a stain on his record to be remembered repeatedly every time his name is mentioned unto the last syllable...

Speaking of which, anyone think of a good rhyme for his name? :)

Barry Shittpeas

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 1, 2020
What a **. How can we possibly have a clusterfuck like this in the leadership team?

I wonder how many journalists dare ask questions about this at the briefing tonight? They will be warned that if they do raise the subject, they won’t be invited to future briefing and will lose access to ministers. That’s career over then. And the ******* ten thousand pounds. These people are just the worst manifestation of humanity.

Barry Shittpeas

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 1, 2020
As Raab doesn't have the power to sack him (no hire and fire), there are limited options. Public disavowal of his actions. Resignation precipitating a problem of how to replace him.
There is no problem. The precedent for a circumstance such as this has been set by the Scotland’s Senior Health Advisor, Christine Calderwood. You do the right thing. You admit that you are a fool and you resign. Especially when staying out at home is so critical to the health and well being of the country at this time. Staying in one place and not visiting relatives or second homes is absolutely central to the government’s message. They answer every question they are asked with Stay at home, protect the NHS, save lives. This cntu has driven a coach and horses through it. The twat has to go so they can salvage a few molecules of credibility, but even that might be too late.

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
There is no problem. The precedent for a circumstance such as this has been set by the Scotland’s Senior Health Advisor, Christine Calderwood. You do the right thing. You admit that you are a fool and you resign. Especially when staying out at home is so critical to the health and well being of the country at this time. Staying in one place and not visiting relatives or second homes is absolutely central to the government’s message. They answer every question they are asked with Stay at home, protect the NHS, save lives. This cntu has driven a coach and horses through it. The twat has to go so they can salvage a few molecules of credibility, but even that might be too late.
I agree that resignation is a clear option - but it would precipitate the replacement issue. And heaven forbid that any replacement accepted the job and then clear evidence of them breaking the "Stay at home, protect the NHS, save lives." policy appears...

In shades of Joseph McCarthy, they should have to stand up and swear: "I am not now and never have been a member of the 'Ignore the rules' party."

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
Stanley Johnson is uttering crap:

He added: “To use that American expression, he almost took one for the team. We have got to make sure we play the game properly now.”

Just how does his son's catching of covid-19, and potentially spreading it around others, count in the USA sense of jumping in front of a bullet to save someone else? But yes, do play the game properly, (and why were you not already doing so?) if you can even use the word "game" for something so critical.

Just go down the pub, Stanley. Show us all how to behave.

sjpt

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2018
Winchester
Am happy if they keep 10 metres away from me. :)

But they don't. They want to keep running regardless - and seem to expect me/us to move out of their way. Maybe I exaggerate but they certainly don't expect to stop to ensure an adequate gap.
Maybe I'm biased, but generally I find the more sporty the public space exercise the less considerate the participant. Walkers, pootling cyclists and gentle joggers mostly behave very well; but serious/sporty cyclists and runners much less so.

Barry Shittpeas

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 1, 2020
Stanley Johnson is uttering crap:

He added: “To use that American expression, he almost took one for the team. We have got to make sure we play the game properly now.”

Just how does his son's catching of covid-19, and potentially spreading it around others, count in the USA sense of jumping in front of a bullet to save someone else? But yes, do play the game properly, (and why were you not already doing so?) if you can even use the word "game" for something so critical.

Just go down the pub, Stanley. Show us all how to behave.
The idiot is still treating it like a joke. It’s no joke for those people who can’t even be with their loved ones when they die, or even visit them when they are dead. People are being admitted into hospitals alone and their relatives are hanging on, unable to visit, unable to offer love and reassurance and not knowing if they are dead or alive. I imagine they are feeling dread every time the phone rings too, as it could be news that their loved one has died.

The ******* idiot Johnson isn’t capable of computing this. Taking one for the team, the stupid useless old ****.

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
The idiot is still treating it like a joke. It’s no joke for those people who can’t even be with their loved ones when they die, or even visit them when they are dead. People are being admitted into hospitals alone and their relatives are hanging on, unable to visit, unable to offer love and reassurance and not knowing if they are dead or alive. I imagine they are feeling dread every time the phone rings too, as it could be news that their loved one has died.

The ******* idiot Johnson isn’t capable of computing this. Taking one for the team, the stupid useless old ****.
I can't get an expression out of my head: chip off the old block.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
On twitter

Nick Robinson

@bbcnickrobinson
· 1h
Boris Johnson’s father Stanley tells @BBCr4today that the PM now needs to rest & that becoming ill has "served an amazing purpose in that it's got the whole country to realise this is a serious event".

My response
oldgroaner@oldgroaner

oldgroaner

@oldgroaner

·
8m

Replying to
@brexit_sham
A serious event that was treated with scorn by Boris ignoring advice and grandstanding by deliberate handshaking victim's hands. He has proved useless in making decisions and needs to resign

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
Just what the hell do they think they are doing?

It seems Cambridgeshire Police have raised eyebrows on social media with the news that officers attended Tesco in Barhill, Cambridgeshire, this morning and checked “non-essential aisles”. Judging by comments on the post on Twitter, this has left many confused over what constitutes a “non-essential” aisle or item.

Officers have been patrolling supermarkets this morning, just a day after a chief constable was criticised for suggesting officers could search shopping trolleys if people kept flouting social distancing rules.

The tweet by the force’s Cambridge team said:

Officers visited Tesco Barhill this morning as part of their patrols around supermarkets and green spaces this weekend.
Good to see everyone was abiding by social distancing measures and the non essential aisles were empty.

I need some new socks - too many have very recently just worn through. Are they essential? Will I be arrested for picking up a triple pack in Aldi seeing as I will already be in the shop doing our necessary food shopping?

They're closed. That's probably why he's being a verbose nuisance.
That's what they want you to think. They'll open up a back door to regulars... (According to one report of one pub.)

Last edited:

Advertisers