Brexit, for once some facts.

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Did you notice this extra bit about Cummings?

Cummings “Spare Cottage” Without Planning Permission and Pays No Council Tax
https://universalcreditsuffer.com/2020/05/31/cummings-spare-cottage-without-planning-permission-and-pays-no-council-tax/

I have not investigated further but I guess, if true, some journalists will have checked, and will use it sometime.
It's not his, it's a building on his parents farm and he isn't responsible for them or their actions.

jonathan.agnew

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 27, 2018
I’m pleased to hear that the world beating track & trace is going well. They have absolutely no idea how much tracking & tracing has taken place, not even a best guess, but they are able to say it’s going really well.

No news outlet has been able to find a single track & tracer who has had a task and no one can find a single person who’s been contacted by the service. BUT the system is going fantastically well.
I'm not a betting person and wish I was wrong, but would put down quite a few ponies on this ending in very big tears.

• Agree
Reactions: oyster and flecc

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
It's not his, it's a building on his parents farm and he isn't responsible for them or their actions.
It is claimed that the land registry says Cummings is joint owner.

However, as of today, Mr Cummings is still shown as the registered owner of the property along with his parents and another family member. Therefore, Cummings trip was more of a journey to his second home, than it was out of a necessity for childcare.
https://universalcreditsuffer.com/2020/05/28/dominic-cummings-owns-spare-cottage-in-durham/

Barry Shittpeas

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 1, 2020
I'm not a betting person and wish I was wrong, but would put down quite a few ponies on this ending in very big tears.
It will most likely end up being a huge mess.

There are a few murmurings that the virus is becoming less potent with time. Maybe Hancock will claim he’s fought the virus in hand to hand combat and mortally wounded it. That’s the only way this bunch of clowns will get us out of this mess, by a fluke of nature. Then we have them leading us out of the economic carnage to look forward to.

• Agree
Reactions: oyster

Barry Shittpeas

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 1, 2020
According to The Daily Mail, one metre social distancing SLASHES the chances of catching coronavirus by a massive 80%. You have to love this newspaper, they word it as if one metre is now the safer option and two metres has been a dangerous practice.

This is nothing more than the gradual process of dripping public health misinformation into people’s ears to get them back spending on booze, fags and gambling, the UKs main industries. They should be telling MPs about this new one metre discovery they have made and get them packing themselves back into the HoC.

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
According to The Daily Mail, one metre social distancing SLASHES the chances of catching coronavirus by a massive 80%. You have to love this newspaper, they word it as if one metre is now the safer option and two metres has been a dangerous practice.

This is nothing more than the gradual process of dripping public health misinformation into people’s ears to get them back spending on booze, fags and gambling, the UKs main industries. They should be telling MPs about this new one metre discovery they have made and get them packing themselves back into the HoC.
Glad you posted that - I have been thinking it was me skim reading and not really taking it in. But you are right. The wording is wrong.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
It is claimed that the land registry says Cummings is joint owner.

However, as of today, Mr Cummings is still shown as the registered owner of the property along with his parents and another family member. Therefore, Cummings trip was more of a journey to his second home, than it was out of a necessity for childcare.
https://universalcreditsuffer.com/2020/05/28/dominic-cummings-owns-spare-cottage-in-durham/
The responsibility for planning permission was entirely that of his parents since they own the land. In any case it's no business of ours, it's a matter for the planning authority.

Of course there was no child care, nor any illness as I've already posted. That was just political wriggling off the hook for Boris Johnson's sake. He went there because he wanted to, so what. It was from one safe location to another safe location.

At least half the population have been breaking the coronavirus regulations in similar ways, including many other people in public life and royalty, we've been reading about it every day. This campaign against Cummings is nothing but an unpleasant witch hunt simply because he's disliked, making the witch hunters behaviour as bad as his.

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
Hot from the grapevine. Well, not that hot!

Seems that at Asda (and, I think, other supermarkets which deliver) they are seeing increasing numbers of people ordering have card addresses in Manchester, Birmingham, London, Glasgow, etc.

This goes along with my rule-of-thumb about car registrations. For current format registrations, we normally see round about half or sightly more are C-reg. (After all, lots of people here have non-C-reg cars - including me.) In tourist season the non-C-reg proportion goes up to three-quarters, or more. This seems to be confirmed by seeing the vehicles outside known locals versus known holiday lets/second homes. We are definitely seeing many more non-C-reg now.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
We are definitely seeing many more non-C-reg now.
It does seem many have considerably relaxed lockdown now, far beyond what government intended and a day or too early as well.

However, the number plate location ID is increasingly misleading. Second hand cars are now moved around the country in very large volumes by the car buying services like "We Buy Any Car". They are all taken in numbers by large car transporters to central "Smart Repair" locations to increase their value at low cost, then resold randomly to anywhere else in the country.

In addition there's been a huge growth in online new car purchasing and various leasing schemes, by major companies delivering from anywhere in the country to anywhere else after registration. Indeed my own new car in Croydon, London was delivered from over 250 miles away with it's Preston, Lancashire number plate.

• Agree
Reactions: Barry Shittpeas

Barry Shittpeas

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 1, 2020
The responsibility for planning permission was entirely that of his parents since they own the land. In any case it's no business of ours, it's a matter for the planning authority.

Of course there was no child care, nor any illness as I've already posted. That was just political wriggling off the hook for Boris Johnson's sake. He went there because he wanted to, so what. It was from one safe location to another safe location.

At least half the population have been breaking the coronavirus regulations in similar ways, including many other people in public life and royalty, we've been reading about it every day. This campaign against Cummings is nothing but an unpleasant witch hunt simply because he's disliked, making the witch hunters behaviour as bad as his.
I disagree with you. When a person seeks our and accepts a high profile public job, with that job comes a higher level of responsibility, a higher level of conduct standards and a higher level of penalty for poor conduct. That is what the Cummings situation is about, it’s the lack of responsibility, lack of good conduct, lack of acceptable standards and lack of adequate sanctions for his behaviour. It doesn’t matter what the fat, shaven headed idiot who lives next door but one is doing, he isn’t in the public eye.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
there was some newspaper article about the time that Cummings advertised for weirdos to come and work with him at his new £800,000,000 'blue skies research agency'. Government money of course.
He'll get out rich and a good civil service pension whatever the outcome.

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
It does seem many have considerably relaxed lockdown now, far beyond what government intended and a day or too early as well.

However, the number plate location ID is increasingly misleading. Second hand cars are now moved around the country in very large volumes by the car buying services like "We Buy Any Car". They are all taken in numbers by large car transporters to central "Smart Repair" locations to increase their value at low cost, then resold randomly to anywhere else in the country.

In addition there's been a huge growth in online new car purchasing and various leasing schemes, by major companies delivering from anywhere in the country to anywhere else after registration. Indeed my own new car in Croydon, London was delivered from over 250 miles away with it's Preston, Lancashire number plate.
Yes - I know the plates can be, and are, misleading. But my rule-of-thumb is based on observation. Half C-reg at those times when we expect lowest numbers of tourists/second-homers - something like late January. And it is very approximate.

• Informative
Reactions: flecc

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
Out on an exercise walk this morning, had a chat with McDonald's manager. They are not yet open (but will be soon). She seemed very on-the-ball - has spoken with council and police. Car park will be split into lanes. People who cannot get into car park will be directed away. They will have to wait at hatch - no looping round allowed. It felt good to have had a few words even if it ends up making little or no difference.

• Informative
Reactions: Nev

Advertisers