Brexit, for once some facts.

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
I disagree with you. When a person seeks our and accepts a high profile public job, with that job comes a higher level of responsibility, a higher level of conduct standards and a higher level of penalty for poor conduct. That is what the Cummings situation is about, it’s the lack of responsibility, lack of good conduct, lack of acceptable standards and lack of adequate sanctions for his behaviour. It doesn’t matter what the fat, shaven headed idiot who lives next door but one is doing, he isn’t in the public eye.
Look, Cummings is not in a high profile public job, his actual role is to slide around in the undergrowth making his boss look good. He is neither elected nor selected by the public services commission, he is an advisor to someone who was.

Barry Shittpeas

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 1, 2020
Look, Cummings is not in a high profile public job, his actual role is to slide around in the undergrowth making his boss look good. He is neither elected nor selected by the public services commission, he is an advisor to someone who was.
I'm afraid you are wrong again. Cummings is about as high profile as it gets, he is instrumental in the governments approach to dealing with the Coronavirus situation.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
that's the job for the media adviser.
Cummings deals with government policies. That's what earned him £800 millions in this year's budget for his pet project 'blue skies' or whatever happens next after brexit.

Reactions: oldgroaner

Barry Shittpeas

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 1, 2020
And you miss the point yet again, whenever an advisor becomes the story , they need replacing.
Your opening line was, Cummings is not in a high profile public job. He is. Advisor to the Prime Minister is a high profile post, the person occupying such a position is bound to have the spotlight of public attention on them. For that reason it’s imperative that they maintain a high standard of conduct. The Scottish medical advisor realised this and actually behaved in a very dignified manner when her rule breaking was disclosed.

• Agree

Barry Shittpeas

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 1, 2020
Only because those who don't like him made him so for those wrong reasons.

His job is not high profile, that position belongs to his mouthpiece, Boris Johnson.
I disagree. The job of advising the Prime Minister is always likely to attract public attention.

• Agree

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
I disagree. The job of advising the Prime Minister is always likely to attract public attention.
Tell me now how many of the Permanent Secretaries of Government Departments can you name?. Or their advisors, the Undersecretaries?.
..I rest my case.
They are the people entrusted by you to actually offer advice. These Special advisors are political appointees, to be seen and not heard...They are not public appointments.
Since my limit in explaining things is three times, you have now exhausted your quota on this topic.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: flecc

Barry Shittpeas

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 1, 2020
Tell me now how many of the Permanent Secretaries of Government Departments can you name?. Or their advisors, the Undersecretaries?.
..I rest my case.
They are the people entrusted by you to actually offer advice. These Special advisors are political appointees, to be seen and not heard...They are not public appointments.
Since my limit in explaining things is three times, you have now exhausted your quota on this topic.
I rest my case :) Who the **** do you think you are, Rumpole of the Bailey? You are a silly Leprechaun who misunderstands everything and gets everything wrong. Like it or not, Cummings is in a high profile role with public attention focused on him.

The role of PM’s advisor always will have public attention. It was the same for Blair, May and now Johnson.

Stop being a twat. Repeating the same thing three times magnifies your twatishness by a factor of three, it doesn’t suddenly make you correct.

Last edited:

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
The role of PM’s advisor always will have. It was the same for Blair, May and now Johnson.
Not so, the public were scarcely aware of Nick Timothy who was the nearest to being an advisor of Theresa May, though not one.

And the only reason they were aware of Blair's Alistair Campbell was again the Media stirring up trouble since they didn't like his being one of them who swapped sides. In any case Campbell was a campaign director and later press secretary, jobs quite unlike Cumming's.

• Disagree
Reactions: Barry Shittpeas

tommie

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 13, 2013
Co. Down, N. Ireland, U.K.
These are all SPAD`s in the Johnson ministry,
with the exception of Cummings they`re not names that easily roll off the tongue.
For whatever reasons Cummings had become a hate figure especially for the media, unfortunately people have been swept along by this media driven witch hunt......some who really should know better have bought into that.

Special AdviserRole
Lee CainDowning Street Director of Communications
Dominic CummingsChief/Senior Adviser[10][11]
Nikki Da CostaDirector of Legislative Affairs
David FrostPrime Minister's Europe Advisor
Andrew GriffithPrime Minister's Chief Business Advisor
Sir Ed ListerPrime Minister's Chief Strategic Advisor[12]
Munira MirzaDirector of Number 10 Policy Unit

Barry Shittpeas

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 1, 2020
Not so, the public were scarcely aware of Nick Timothy who was the nearest to being an advisor of Theresa May, though not one.

And the only reason they were aware of Blair's Alistair Campbell was again the Media stirring up trouble since they didn't like his being one of them who swapped sides. In any case Campbell was a campaign director and later press secretary, jobs quite unlike Cumming's.
I think you have just proven my point, all were in the public spotlight, it goes with the job these days. Maybe not in years gone by, but in the modern world these posts are subjected to media and hence public scrutiny and that is why high standards of behaviour are essential.

Last edited:

Barry Shittpeas

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 1, 2020
These are all SPAD`s in the Johnson ministry,
with the exception of Cummings they`re not names that easily roll off the tongue.
For whatever reasons Cummings had become a hate figure especially for the media, unfortunately people have been swept along by this media driven witch hunt......some who really should know better have bought into that.

Special AdviserRole
Lee CainDowning Street Director of Communications
Dominic CummingsChief/Senior Adviser[10][11]
Nikki Da CostaDirector of Legislative Affairs
David FrostPrime Minister's Europe Advisor
Andrew GriffithPrime Minister's Chief Business Advisor
Sir Ed ListerPrime Minister's Chief Strategic Advisor[12]
Munira MirzaDirector of Number 10 Policy Unit
I’m aware of all of those except one. They all need to tread carefully, these sorts of people attract the focus of public attention if the step out of line. It goes with the job.

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales

I was also well aware of Fiona Hill.

Both they and those around them were aware that even when they were trying to keep a low profile, anything they did or said could very quickly escalate and become "the story".

• Agree
Reactions: Barry Shittpeas

Barry Shittpeas

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 1, 2020
Cummings needs to put an end to this story....Admitting he had oral sex with a pig should do it. :p :p :p
Cummings should have admitted that with hindsight he made a poor decision. I thought we were all coming down with CV, I was worried about the family, looking back it would have been better to remain in London etc etc. Barnard Castle: We’d all just got over CV, all a bit down, wife’s birthday, decided to go for a drive, we did stop by the river, didn’t go near anyone, can see why people are disappointed about this, looking back now wouldn’t do the same, sorry. People would have forgiven that, it’s the BS story and taking folks for idiots that has caused the issues. It’s as simple as that, no witch hunting.

Advertisers