May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
  • Informative
Reactions: sjpt

RossG

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 12, 2019
Just had a head's up from one of my pals working in a local Tesco store, face masks will now be worn by staff members as well as shoppers. Masks are free to staff and needless to say are being grabbed by the handful.

I would advise all on here to keep a cheap disposable one-use type mask on them at all times when out and about, not for wearing in the street when out walking but just for use in a shop...pull it back off when outside again, that's what I'll be doing from now on.

Reactions: flecc and Danidl

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
Just had a head's up from one of my pals working in a local Tesco store, face masks will now be worn by staff members as well as shoppers. Masks are free to staff and needless to say are being grabbed by the handful.

I would advise all on here to keep a cheap disposable one-use type mask on them at all times when out and about, not for wearing in the street when out walking but just for use in a shop...pull it back off when outside again, that's what I'll be doing from now on.
At this stage, there isn't a tablecloth safe in the house, my shirts are in tatters without tails etc. Damask makes the masks !. But silk is very good also.

• :D
Reactions: flecc

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I would advise all on here to keep a cheap disposable one-use type mask on them at all times when out and about, not for wearing in the street when out walking but just for use in a shop...
Does this mean I have to wear one when I'm in an online shop?

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
As I write this, I am listening to the plan to reopen Ireland , starting from Monday next. I would have wished that the UK would have been blessed with the same level of public service from their ministers. The speech from our Minister for Health was masterful.
Everyone on the same page, and huge emphasis on personal responsibility.

RossG

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 12, 2019
Joking apart though you can get masks, gloves etc from places like Screwfix & Toolstation by the look of it, plenty in stock it seems.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I clicked on 10.000 and nearly fell off my perch at the price !
But 35 pence each at that quantity isn't dear.

65 pence each for 50 is practical for individuals though, if regular use is contemplated by such as a commuter. It was a pound each before the reduction.

RossG

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 12, 2019
But 35 pence each at that quantity isn't dear.

65 pence each for 50 is practical for individuals though, if regular use is contemplated by such as a commuter. It was a pound each before the reduction.
Yes I suppose looking at it that way. Actually that's the kind you can carry around with you folded up.

• Agree

RossG

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 12, 2019
50 for £27.50 on ebay. I should think you'll be able to buy them at pound stores soon enough, you've always been able to get the decorators type from them.

• Informative

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
As I write this, I am listening to the plan to reopen Ireland , starting from Monday next. I would have wished that the UK would have been blessed with the same level of public service from their ministers. The speech from our Minister for Health was masterful.
Everyone on the same page, and huge emphasis on personal responsibility.
You really cannot expect "Personal responsibility" in a Nation that votes in Conservative Governments

• Agree
Reactions: jonathan.agnew

Advertisers