Brexit, for once some facts.

RossG

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 12, 2019
I wonder if we can do an exchange with the USA, in a similar fashion to a spy exchange. They could give us Anne Sacoolas and we could give them Prince Andrew;)
Many a true word spoken in jest, that idea was banded about some months back but nothing came of it unfortunately.
On the subject of the Dashing Prince, he's said several times he would co-operate with any investigation so why not do it by video link ? He's not charged with anything, he would just help with any inquiries relating to the Epstein case. Surely he could do that from here, no need to fly across the pond.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Many a true word spoken in jest, that idea was banded about some months back but nothing came of it unfortunately.
On the subject of the Dashing Prince, he's said several times he would co-operate with any investigation so why not do it by video link ? He's not charged with anything, he would just help with any inquiries relating to the Epstein case. Surely he could do that from here, no need to fly across the pond.
he may get charged after the interview with the FBI.

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
I suspect this would be corroborated by Scotland and NI:

Coronavirus: Dealing with UK ministers on quarantine 'shambolic'

Dealing with the UK government on plans to lift quarantine measures for travellers from abroad has been "utterly shambolic", Wales' first minister has said.

People arriving in England from more than 50 countries will not need to quarantine from 10 July.

Mark Drakeford said he wants to allow the UK scheme to operate in Wales.

But he said it had been "impossible" to get a "sensible answer" on how UK ministers intended to make the changes.

UK ministers have said people arriving in England from countries including France, Spain, Germany and Italy will be exempted from quarantine rules.

Although foreign affairs is not devolved, the implementation of the changes under public health legislation means it needs to be signed off by the governments in Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland.

"Dealing with the UK government, over the last few days, has been an utterly shambolic experience," Mr Drakeford said, in some of the strongest comments the first minister has made about his political rivals in Westminster during the pandemic.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-politics-53277271

• Informative
Reactions: Nev

Barry Shittpeas

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 1, 2020
I can see Ghislaine Maxwell, the former girlfriend of Jeffrey Epstein dropping him right in it. (If she doesn't kill herself in jail)
..... when the CCTV is broken, coincidentally at the same time the guards “forgot” to do the periodic cell checks. Andy is never going to end up in nonce prison. They will do, destroy and kill everyone and everything that could put him there.

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
he may get charged after the interview with the FBI.
All the more reason for helping them with their inquiries from the safety of England. Any saga of the British royalty brings a great sense of boredom to me .
However even if something is an offence in country A, and the police in country A want to prosecute, and it occurs in country B,where it is not an offence,and the perpetrator is residing in B , extradition is not usually successful.
It is a problem with some countries with illusions of grandeur,that their writ runs globally. The USA , and surprisingly France suffer from that.

jonathan.agnew

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 27, 2018
All the more reason for helping them with their inquiries from the safety of England. Any saga of the British royalty brings a great sense of boredom to me .
However even if something is an offence in country A, and the police in country A want to prosecute, and it occurs in country B,where it is not an offence,and the perpetrator is residing in B , extradition is not usually successful.
It is a problem with some countries with illusions of grandeur,that their writ runs globally. The USA , and surprisingly France suffer from that.
The royal family is boring. But in this case I think Andy is the essence of the establishment. If he lifts the lid it lifts it on epsteins other friends (trump, Clinton etc) and I think 14 is below age of consent here and in us.

Barry Shittpeas

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 1, 2020
You can get banged up in the U.K. for "doing an Andy" in any country in the world. Section 72 of the Sexual Offences Act 2003 applies. Gary Glitter was convicted under this UK legislation for sex acts with children committed whilst in Vietnam. The Duke of York could be convicted under UK law if there was sufficient evidence to prove that he'd had is end away with that 14 year old girl. Sweating or no sweating in a pizza shop. He won't get convicted though, the law isn't for his sort, their standards of conduct fall far below those of the general public, so the law has to be adjusted for them.

wheeler

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 4, 2016
Scotland
I suspect this would be corroborated by Scotland and NI:

Coronavirus: Dealing with UK ministers on quarantine 'shambolic'

Dealing with the UK government on plans to lift quarantine measures for travellers from abroad has been "utterly shambolic", Wales' first minister has said.

People arriving in England from more than 50 countries will not need to quarantine from 10 July.

Mark Drakeford said he wants to allow the UK scheme to operate in Wales.

But he said it had been "impossible" to get a "sensible answer" on how UK ministers intended to make the changes.

UK ministers have said people arriving in England from countries including France, Spain, Germany and Italy will be exempted from quarantine rules.

Although foreign affairs is not devolved, the implementation of the changes under public health legislation means it needs to be signed off by the governments in Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland.

"Dealing with the UK government, over the last few days, has been an utterly shambolic experience," Mr Drakeford said, in some of the strongest comments the first minister has made about his political rivals in Westminster during the pandemic.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-politics-53277271
Nicola Sturgeon said almost the same thing at today's briefing (yes, we still have those every day in Scotland) but I thought she sounded a bit restrained when she called the UK government's actions shambolic.
I later heard the stuttering, guttering oaf who pretends to be the PM failing to deny what Drakeford and Sturgeon had said, mumbling something between tha ah-umms and uum- ahs about all doing the same thing eventually. :rolleyes:

RossG

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 12, 2019
How come Boris & co were back for another cosy fireside chat at 5pm, I thought he'd nipped that in the bud.
Is it because wee Nicky is still giving us regular stories from the north I wonder ?

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I think 14 is below age of consent here and in us.
The USA used to have some states below 16, the last to change being Georgia from 14 up to 16. Now the various states have it from 16 to 18. However there are laws to protect the couples who married legally when they visit higher age states.

The age of consent is 16 here, but in Europe countries vary, seven have 15, seven have 14 and one major country, Spain, has 13 years. The Vatican has it at 12 . The rest 16 except Hungary at 18.

Advertisers