Brexit, for once some facts.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Regrettably.. not available outside the UK. Geolocked
Now on an MP3 for you on my web site Danidl:

On this link

N.B. Most BBC Radio programs are available as downloads with no restriction on who can listen to the the downloaded MP3.

Last edited:

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
Not many at £1.20 a pop, and minimum order of 100.
I suspect that the procurement side of the many organisations involved in caring had more important things to be ordering than effing badges.
The DHSC has taken over the "Care" brand and badges which will now be issued for free. Damned if I can find out the information from the gov.uk site(s).

http://www.careengland.org.uk/care-badge-0

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
Another U-turn coming up fast.

The story of why Johnson allowed Huawei despite protestations, why GCHQ (or whoever) seemed to think the risks could be mitigated but have now changed their minds, etc., all need looking at. But the result will, I am sure, be that U-turn.

If we needed to stop Huawei, then better to have done so from the beginning, not defer and delay - possibly allowing further kit to be installed that then needs removal.

Boris Johnson now has 'sound reasons' to keep Huawei out of UK 5G
Former MI6 chief said US sanctions on Huawei meant Chinese telecoms firm now posed security risks to UK

• Agree
Reactions: Nev

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
Are you ready for a really good laugh?
Steady there

We should be able to prosecute the twat under the Trades Description Act
Read it cover to cover ages ago. Wish I had seen any humour in it. :)

Utterly depressing that anyone thinks such a document necessary.

It is also entirely misplaced to start the intro with a policy claim. This document is about behaviour - not missions. I'd argue that the intro itself breaks the ministerial code.

• Agree
Reactions: flecc and Woosh

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
So two metres separation is no longer required (though the wording now seems to say two metres when possible, if not possible, some other separation is required.)

WHO underplaying risk of airborne spread of Covid-19, say scientists

Open letter says there is emerging evidence of potential for aerosol transmission

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/jul/05/who-underplaying-risk-of-airborne-spread-of-covid-19-say-scientists

The a/c has been switched off at my local hospital due to covid-19. (Though they now have absolutely no cases. Any that come in are sent elsewhere immediately.)

RossG

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 12, 2019
I was flicking around the tv channels a couple of nights back and came across that Prof Van-Tam talking on what seemed to be a Select Committee type hearing, not sure if it was.
He was asked looking back how well the Gov had been prepared for the covid outbreak and how he thinks we fared as a result.
He said after the last pandemic the so-called Swine Flu, the Gov worked out a strategy to deal with what they thought would be a similar occurrence. He [Van-Tam] wasn't part of any Gov team at the time but was nevertheless an adviser on what was decided.
All the findings were collated and then, as he put it "mothballed" ready to be put into action if and when needed.

He went on to say that as a result of all this planning the Gov was able to use much of the information gathered at the time in helping to combat covid, which according to him resulted in the UK doing so well at controlling the pandemic. It does seem to be the case that the Gov, scientists, those that speak as one with the Gov that is and many other bodies genuinely believe we in the UK have done very well. I don't think they are kidding themselves, they really do believe that to be the case.

jonathan.agnew

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 27, 2018
So two metres separation is no longer required (though the wording now seems to say two metres when possible, if not possible, some other separation is required.)

WHO underplaying risk of airborne spread of Covid-19, say scientists

Open letter says there is emerging evidence of potential for aerosol transmission
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/jul/05/who-underplaying-risk-of-airborne-spread-of-covid-19-say-scientists

The a/c has been switched off at my local hospital due to covid-19. (Though they now have absolutely no cases. Any that come in are sent elsewhere immediately.)
Finally sanity is emerging, David King said on sky news a further 27k deaths between now and ne t April likely because of premature lifting of lock down

• Informative
Reactions: oldgroaner

Barry Shittpeas

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 1, 2020
Are we still allowed to use the "G" word Barry ? Did you mean our friends from the wonderful Roma community. ;)
I don’t know about that, I’ve always called the Gypos. My dad always used to tell me that a gypsy put a curse on him just before I was born.

• Informative
Reactions: oldgroaner

Barry Shittpeas

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 1, 2020
I was flicking around the tv channels a couple of nights back and came across that Prof Van-Tam talking on what seemed to be a Select Committee type hearing, not sure if it was.
He was asked looking back how well the Gov had been prepared for the covid outbreak and how he thinks we fared as a result.
He said after the last pandemic the so-called Swine Flu, the Gov worked out a strategy to deal with what they thought would be a similar occurrence. He [Van-Tam] wasn't part of any Gov team at the time but was nevertheless an adviser on what was decided.
All the findings were collated and then, as he put it "mothballed" ready to be put into action if and when needed.

He went on to say that as a result of all this planning the Gov was able to use much of the information gathered at the time in helping to combat covid, which according to him resulted in the UK doing so well at controlling the pandemic. It does seem to be the case that the Gov, scientists, those that speak as one with the Gov that is and many other bodies genuinely believe we in the UK have done very well. I don't think they are kidding themselves, they really do believe that to be the case.
A classic case of the emperor’s new clothes.

Wicky

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 12, 2014
Colchester, Essex
www.jhepburn.co.uk
The DHSC has taken over the "Care" brand and badges which will now be issued for free. Damned if I can find out the information from the gov.uk site(s).

http://www.careengland.org.uk/care-badge-0
"The Department will be distributing the existing stock of badges first, before badges in the updated design become available (it is not currently possible to provide a timeframe for the availability of the new style badges)."

this the new design...

or this

;-)

Wicky

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 12, 2014
Colchester, Essex
www.jhepburn.co.uk

Barry Shittpeas

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 1, 2020
"The Department will be distributing the existing stock of badges first, before badges in the updated design become available (it is not currently possible to provide a timeframe for the availability of the new style badges)."

this the new design...

or this

;-)
I thought this was a joke. People are actually putting time, effort and money into drawing a new badge, whilst simultaneously, tens of thousands are dying unnecessarily because the care system is broken and generally shite.

Advertisers