Brexit, for once some facts.

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
Breaking news:

Europe declared irrelevant by pedelec forum member...

• :D
Reactions: robdon and Croxden

tillson

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 29, 2008
Thank heavens you're back! I was getting concerned, is all well?
All is well apart from an ongoing Achilles tendon strain that I have been struggling with since July. Set a 5 kilometer personal best running time last night, so it must be getting better. My ankle is a bit sore today though. The physiotherapy is costing me a small fortune, so not sure which hurts most, ankle or wallet.

I hope that all is well with you too, and that you have been enjoying the forum in my absence.

tillson

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 29, 2008
Breaking news:

Europe declared irrelevant by pedelec forum member...
I think the word News can be described as recently recieved new information which is noteworthy.

The irrelevance of the EU is not new information and therefore it is no longer noteworthy information. Hence not Breaking News.

An example of Breaking News is provided below for your future reference.

Breaking News

Pelelec forum member incorrectly publishes an item of breaking news.

tillson

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 29, 2008
do you have any idea how much of a disaster that would be for UK PLC?

also the "other 27" are our biggest and nearest markets / partners , they will never be irrelevant, for a million reasons.
I can probably estimate how much of a disaster you personally perceive this to be. But of course that does not necessarily mean that it will translate into reality.

Last edited:

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
All is well apart from an ongoing Achilles tendon strain that I have been struggling with since July. Set a 5 kilometer personal best running time last night, so it must be getting better. My ankle is a bit sore today though. The physiotherapy is costing me a small fortune, so not sure which hurts most, ankle or wallet.

I hope that all is well with you too, and that you have been enjoying the forum in my absence.
Sorry to here about the Achilles Tendon problems, and relieved to hear you are so fit!
And really the Forum isn't the same without you!

• :D
Reactions: robdon

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
I think the word News can be described as recently recieved new information which is noteworthy.

The irrelevance of the EU is not new information and therefore it is no longer noteworthy information. Hence not Breaking News.

Breaking News

Oh Dear this could go on indefinitely!

Reactions: robdon and tillson
I can probably estimate how much of a disaster you personally perceive this to be. But of course that does not necessarily mean that it will translate into reality.
me, and pretty much every expert... including the chancellor and the head of the Bank of England, and the house of Lords.

If there was to be a benefit, surely people would be climbing over themselves to leave because they'd be the hero who made it happen.

Recent quote....

“Thoughtful politicians”, Philip Hammond says, agree that a transitional Brexit deal will be needed to avoid massive economic disruption. A new report from the House of Lords concurs.

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union

Breaking News

I said "Europe" not the EU. Some of us here tend to use the one or the other without differentiation because we live there.

So for you one of the most interesting and successful social experiments since WWII is irrelevant - delusional springs immediately to mind.

tillson

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 29, 2008
Sorry to here about the Achilles Tendon problems, and relieved to hear you are so fit!
And really the Forum isn't the same without you!
I have always run ever since school days. For the last 10 years I've been doing triathlons as well. Then people wonder why I want an electric bike! They simply don't understand.

I've been too busy to come onto the forum and contribute for the last few days. I'm still rather busy now, so may not be able to post as much as I would like to.

I am sure that some regard the forum as a better place when I am not posting on the It :)

tillson

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 29, 2008
I said "Europe" not the EU. Some of us here tend to use the one or the other without differentiation because we live there.

So for you one of the most interesting and successful social experiments since WWII is irrelevant - delusional springs immediately to mind.
I thought that we were going to be nice to each other on here? Christmas spirit and all that?

• Agree
Reactions: Zlatan

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Exactly! All this talk of 'Brexit' with take your pick from a range of prefix adjectives, is just a kind of face-saving exercise.

they hadn't a clue what they were voting for back in June but now they know a lot more and none of it makes very good reading.

Tom
Actually it seems this applies

"It doesn't matter what they say, 'cause I'm against it any way,
Whatever it is I'm against it!"

Rather than the notion "now they know a lot more!"

• Agree

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016

I note you do consider it an experiment now ??? As for successful, that is at best debateable.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
I have always run ever since school days. For the last 10 years I've been doing triathlons as well. Then people wonder why I want an electric bike! They simply don't understand.

I've been too busy to come onto the forum and contribute for the last few days. I'm still rather busy now, so may not be able to post as much as I would like to.

I am sure that some regard the forum as a better place when I am not posting on the It :)
This cannot be true! give me their names and I will give then a Jolly good talking to.
We'll have no more of that sort of thing on here.:mad:

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
me, and pretty much every expert... including the chancellor and the head of the Bank of England, and the house of Lords.

If there was to be a benefit, surely people would be climbing over themselves to leave because they'd be the hero who made it happen.

Recent quote....

“Thoughtful politicians”, Philip Hammond says, agree that a transitional Brexit deal will be needed to avoid massive economic disruption. A new report from the House of Lords concurs.
"Thoughtful Politicians" I hadn't heard of that before so looked it up and got this: "Oxymoron" (Haven't a clue what that means)
Can someone explain?:rolleyes:

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
I thought that we were going to be nice to each other on here? Christmas spirit and all that?
I was being nice, I didn't say what I really think, I chose a nice word instead. Ooops my English side is showing (my mum's side), how hypocritical and PC of me...

The Grinch is my middle name, I am an atheist and the only spirit around here is Scotch Whiskey, this is the time of year I like the least. Outside on the PA there is the worst kind of music so instead of doing something useful on the computer I will be driven from my home this afternoon to the beach where luckily it is about 20°C again under blazing (December style) sunshine.

tillson

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 29, 2008
The Grinch is my middle name, I am an atheist and the only spirit around here is Scotch Whiskey, this is the time of year I like the least.
How terrible for you. Just believe in the saviour and redemption shall be yours.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
How terrible for you. Just believe in the saviour and redemption shall be yours.
It's always wise to hedge your bets, what he should have said was
"I'm an Atheist, Thank God!"
That ticks all the boxes, no? :)

An old Yorkshire song for you

"I dreamt that I died and to Heaven did go,
And where do you come from they wanted to know,
I said I come from Yorkshire!
St Peter did stare,
He said "Step right inside! you're the First One from there!"

Last edited:

Advertisers