Brexit, for once some facts.

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
I'm not sure if & where Trump's claim to be greatest President since Abraham Lincoln stands in the fact check - but US is again presented with a crossroads to choose wether to continue full steam ahead with the Orange one's fog horn blaring a litany of lies and deceptions, or to change to have a Caine Mutiny and get Biden in to restore a calmer normality back to leadership, and think of the last 4 years as a bad dream.

Orange corner

14 false
12 misleading
5 lack evidence
3 exaggerated
1 partly true
1 mostly true
1 true

Blue corner

2 true
1 exaggerated
1 false

•In their final debate, President Trump unleashed an unrelenting series of false, misleading and exaggerated statements as he sought to distort former Vice President Joseph R. Biden Jr.’s record and positions and boost his own re-election hopes. The president once again relied heavily on well-worn talking points that have long been shown to be false.

•The president appeared determined to reinvent the reality of the last four years — and the history of the pandemic in 2020 — as he faces judgment on his actions in just 12 days. He once again falsely dismissed the Russia investigations as a “phony witch hunt.” He insisted that aside from Abraham Lincoln, “nobody has done more for the Black community,” an assertion that people in both parties find laughable. And he tried again to wish away the pandemic, saying “we are rounding the turn” even as daily cases of the virus this week topped 70,000 in the United States for the first time since July.

•The clash between Mr. Biden and Mr. Trump was contentious but more well-behaved than their first debate, with fewer interruptions. Mr. Biden made false statements, too: He falsely accused Mr. Trump of having “caused the deficit with China to go up,” and he exaggerated when he suggested that “red states” in the Midwest were having spikes in the virus. But Mr. Trump relied more on questionable and specious arguments about Mr. Biden’s family, Democratic policy positions and his own record, leading Mr. Biden to repeatedly express exasperation by saying, “C’mon, man!”

•A team of New York Times journalists fact-checked the debate, providing context and analysis.
That's weird because when the guys from Patriotic Prayer fact checked the debate, they found that everything that Trump said was 100% true and everything that Biden said was 100% false. To average out the bias, you can average out both sets of fact checkers results, which then shows Trump told a lot more truth than Biden. QED.

• :D
Reactions: POLLY

jonathan.agnew

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 27, 2018
That's weird because when the guys from Patriotic Prayer fact checked the debate, they found that everything that Trump said was 100% true and everything that Biden said was 100% false. To average out the bias, you can average out both sets of fact checkers results, which then shows Trump told a lot more truth than Biden. QED.
"Patriotic prayer"??? Its not a different planet, it's a parallel universe

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
He may well have contributed the equivalent of the Encyclopedia Brittanica to the Forum, but his contribution to this particular thread amounts to a page torn out of Pravda.
he just winds you up.

Reactions: oldgroaner

Barry Shittpeas

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 1, 2020
I see the TSIW has raised Boris’s 3 Tier COVID alert system by 2 and bid 5 Tiers. Boris should now smash her with a 7 Tier system, she’ll fold, I certain of it.

Where do they get these idiots from? I’ve come across a few monumental twats in my time, but these people are a special case. It must be the product of decades of selective breeding, carefully refining and distilling the clown gene.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I see the TSIW has raised Boris’s 3 Tier COVID alert system by 2 and bid 5 Tiers. Boris should now smash her with a 7 Tier system, she’ll fold, I certain of it.
Tiers are proving useless already here in London.

I left my tier 2 home in the early evening to do my shop at the usual supermarket over the border in tier1, illegal of course, Irresponsible? Actually no, read on.

Reaching the road to that destination I joined the continuous stream of cars also heading that way from tier 2 to tier1 where they live, commuters of course heading home after work they have to be present for. They are the people who can't afford to live in London's housing but are essential to keep London working.

But in the opposite direction were the continuous stream of cars heading from their tier 1 workplaces to their tier 2 homes. They are the workers who are able to afford to live in London for historic reasons like their home passed down through the family or they live in council houses or housing association homes but have jobs over the border.

Why are they working in tier 1? Well of course London is in truth a supercity of over 13 million people which doesn't stop at the lines on the map which define the GLC area, so the homes and workplaces sprawl in all directions which these silly tiers cannot take into account. Many work even further away, one of my Croydon neighbours drives the M23 to and from Brighton every day for his work.

Clearly the tiers will have no effect in stopping the spread of Covid-19.

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
HMRC might now be getting 1.5 billion from Uber, but they want our contribution as well:

Treasury confirms it is to end VAT waiver on PPE in UK

Items such as protective face masks and gloves will no longer be exempt from 20% sales tax

Whereas, with Uber, they appeared to require positive force to ask for the VAT, with PPE nothing can be allowed to stop them, or slow them down.

• Informative
Reactions: flecc and POLLY

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
You do understand that the discussion by this Bob Bolinski and Sinohawk occurs After J.Biden had relinquished office and was a private citizen. For some reason 2017 is AFTER 2016.

Reactions: flecc

Wicky

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 12, 2014
Colchester, Essex
www.jhepburn.co.uk
Bunker down from the expected Turnip tweet storm...

A Fox News reporter just debunked the latest smear effort

"I completed searching all of Tony Bobulinski's emails," she wrote on Twitter. "They establish: the "Chairman" is China; NO ROLE for Joe Biden in emails/docs; Tony Bobulinski states himself there are NO OTHER MEMBERS besides Hunter Biden, Jim Biden, Rob Walker, James Gillar, and Bobulinski."

Heinrich's tweet came shortly after the Wall Street Journal reported on Thursday night that corporate records it reviewed showed "no role for Joe Biden" in any of SinoHawk's dealings.

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
Bunker down from the expected Turnip tweet storm...

A Fox News reporter just debunked the latest smear effort

"I completed searching all of Tony Bobulinski's emails," she wrote on Twitter. "They establish: the "Chairman" is China; NO ROLE for Joe Biden in emails/docs; Tony Bobulinski states himself there are NO OTHER MEMBERS besides Hunter Biden, Jim Biden, Rob Walker, James Gillar, and Bobulinski."

Heinrich's tweet came shortly after the Wall Street Journal reported on Thursday night that corporate records it reviewed showed "no role for Joe Biden" in any of SinoHawk's dealings.
Did you not watch his video above? Some of the text messages in his phones are now in the public domain. They're very explicit. This is what Giuliani was saying about releasing some of the info at a time. It makes all the conspiracy theorists look stupid. Remember, he said the worst would be released 10 days before the election. We still have a few days to go yet.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
indeed, the tide has turned for the Donald with only 11 days to go. Jon Sopel went last night into a republican bar in Nashville which is usually full of Trump supporters but now only had a handful of faithfuls watching the debate. They are no longer sure that their man will win. Politico has a piece full of statistics showing Dems having a huge lead over Reps in early votings. Trump is set to lose Florida. Trump will need more than a 2 to 1 win on the day to have any chance at all.

Nev

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 1, 2018
North Wales
CNBC are reporting that the Oxford phase 3 trial is going to be restarted in the USA after being paused for about a month. I don't know if the delay was partly political as it was only stopped for about a week or so in the UK and other countries. Johnson and Johnson have also been given permission to re-start their phase 3 trial on their vaccine, I think that trial was paused for around a week.

I think it's good news that both these large trials have now been given the go ahead in the USA, I am not certain but I think the UK have purchased millions of the J&J vaccine along with the Oxford vaccine and two or three other vaccines too. I guess it's sensible not to have all ones eggs in one basket when it comes to buying vaccines.

• Informative
Reactions: POLLY and oyster

Nev

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 1, 2018
North Wales
Trump will need more than a 2 to 1 win on the day to have any chance at all.
I really hope you are right, my worry is Trump is not going to play by the rules, he and many of his supporters will do anything to win. This piece by Jonathan Freedland provides some ideas of the kinds of things he may well get up to, and there are probably a whole lot more that Freedland hasn't thought of or would rather not put into a national newspaper.

• Informative
Reactions: oyster

Advertisers