Brexit, for once some facts.

Wicky

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 12, 2014
Colchester, Essex
www.jhepburn.co.uk

The vote to refuse 'free school meals' to British children over the upcoming school holidays showed us that on the whole, MPs from the Conservative Party are not afraid to make major decisions that although unpopular, are also for the greater good of the United Kingdom. We cannot have our hard-earned money being used to 'nationalise children' when the harsh reality is that we have other priorities to fund, such as 'Test and Trace' and renewing Trident.

Therefore, it's time for the British people to shown their gratitude for this valuable reminder that parents have to start taking responsibility for their own children and putting a little aside for emergencies.

I am raising £20,000 to send a luxury Christmas gift hamper to every single Conservative MP this festive season. I want every single one of them to know just how much their efforts have been appreciated in these incredibly worrying times.

Please help me spread some cheer this December to those who must be feeling unloved.

Barry Shittpeas

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 1, 2020
I agree with much of what you say flecc although I'm not sure about the 99% bit. I've been doing some research on covid clusters down here on the coast, Southampton - Portsmouth - Chichester and so on. I know these places very well like the back of my hand as I've lived & worked in all of them and know the people very well.
I discovered for example one large Student Accommodation block that had over 150 covid positive cases, also I located a road where there were over 20 cases of covid. I know that street well as I use to live nearby many years ago and at least 40% of the homes have been converted for let to Students.
Literally hundreds of businesses in the areas I mentioned have been prosecuted for breaking covid rules not to mention dozens of raves/parties etc broken up by the authorities. We have what I call a telephone "grass line" where you can dob someone in for breaking the rules and are looked on as a hero.
None of this happened in Taiwan, Vietnam, Korea or most of the far east & Asia because they 'put that light out ' as requested ....or else ! Only a complete lockdown made any difference here as proven on the first wave and ATM that's looks unlikely to happen again.
It might be coincidental, but it all seems to have gone tits since education restarted. The primary / infant school in the village is horrendous. I know for a fact people are driving kids from several different households the 1/2 mile to school in their cars. The kids are all over each other in the playground.

I can’t believe that the kids in these age groups don’t contract and spread the virus. They probably don’t display symptoms, but they are human beings and humans spread the disease. I reckon they are giving it to each other at a rapid rate because they aren’t being separated and they are then taking it home and infecting their parents and grand-parents.

• Agree
  • :D
Reactions: flecc and POLLY

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
Fully agreed and it could easily stand 25% or 33% purchase tax. That would also solve our current unemployment problems since the revenue could pay for a huge increase in customs, checking and charging on everything coming in.
That would never happen, except maybe if Trump wins, and then only a very small chance. These global corporations have so much money that they can buy off anything that stands in their way. If they can't get the politicians directly, they go for the media and everybody else to turn against the politicians until they comply.

Reactions: jonathan.agnew

Barry Shittpeas

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 1, 2020

The vote to refuse 'free school meals' to British children over the upcoming school holidays showed us that on the whole, MPs from the Conservative Party are not afraid to make major decisions that although unpopular, are also for the greater good of the United Kingdom. We cannot have our hard-earned money being used to 'nationalise children' when the harsh reality is that we have other priorities to fund, such as 'Test and Trace' and renewing Trident.

Therefore, it's time for the British people to shown their gratitude for this valuable reminder that parents have to start taking responsibility for their own children and putting a little aside for emergencies.

I am raising £20,000 to send a luxury Christmas gift hamper to every single Conservative MP this festive season. I want every single one of them to know just how much their efforts have been appreciated in these incredibly worrying times.

Please help me spread some cheer this December to those who must be feeling unloved.
I fear that this free school meal thing is going to become another Princess Diana / Clap for the NHS / BLM / Mencal Elf type mass hysteria contagion.

It’s easy enough to chuck buckets full of money at it, any twat can do that, but not so easy to make sure the money results in food inside children’s stomachs. Maybe something to fund the meals via restaurants forced to close in would work. That would help two area, restaurant hospitality support and making sure the food get to the children. I think vouchers and or cash would be abused.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: daveboy

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
This is funny

imply
Does this Individual actually believe that the abuse directed against the Tory Mp's was simply because Angela Raynor allegedly called one of them scum?

It beggars belief after what they are doing to harm the public on a daily basis.

I tweeted a reply
oldgroaner@oldgroaner

Would you have preferred her to use the much more appropriate description used by Aneurin Bevan?
Try making policy decisions that benefit the public if you want to avoid them abusing you.
Have you noticed that you don't get any comments, any retweets nor any likes from any of your recent tweets or replies, not even from any of your 14 followers. I have more followers than that, and I've never tweeted anything!

Last edited:
Reactions: SirNigel

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I agree with much of what you say flecc although I'm not sure about the 99% bit. I've been doing some research on covid clusters down here on the coast, Southampton - Portsmouth - Chichester and so on. I know these places very well like the back of my hand as I've lived & worked in all of them and know the people very well.
I discovered for example one large Student Accommodation block that had over 150 covid positive cases, also I located a road where there were over 20 cases of covid. I know that street well as I use to live nearby many years ago and at least 40% of the homes have been converted for let to Students.
Literally hundreds of businesses in the areas I mentioned have been prosecuted for breaking covid rules not to mention dozens of raves/parties etc broken up by the authorities. We have what I call a telephone "grass line" where you can dob someone in for breaking the rules and are looked on as a hero.
None of this happened in Taiwan, Vietnam, Korea or most of the far east & Asia because they 'put that light out ' as requested ....or else ! Only a complete lockdown made any difference here as proven on the first wave and ATM that's looks unlikely to happen again.
But this is outer South London and suburbia, a land of commuters and through commuting traffic, not students and raves. The 99% was accurate, i was tempted to post well over 99%. Drivers don't willingly join the London rush hours if they don't have to.

In your last paragraph we are in agreement, if one is going to restrict to control the spread, make it effective, not these ineffectual tiers which are riddled with flaws as I showed.

Last edited:

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
That would never happen, except maybe if Trump wins, and then only a very small chance. These global corporations have so much money that they can buy off anything that stands in their way. If they can't get the politicians directly, they go for the media and everybody else to turn against the politicians until they comply.
Don't be so sure. We've been gradually winning increased tax compliance from US corporations, Airbnb being the latest to agree to be liable for much more tax and also revealng past records to allow past lettings to be taxed as well.

We certainly won't get what is really due from such as Amazon all at once, but the thin edge of the wedge is gradually working.

• Agree

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
The problem with that is that local businesses simply don't supply the range of goods that Amazon does. Simply taxing everything Amazon sells won't drive sales to local outlets if they can't supply.
A recent example was the failure of the water heater in a family member's shop on a Sunday. I diagnosed the problem as a failed thermostat and a replacement from Amazon arrived next day. There is nowhere nearby that sells such a thing.
Perfectly true, but the principal remains that paying tax on most of what we buy is an essential part of our UK economy. Amazon and the like are unbalancing our economy, usurping UK government rights.

Wherever we buy, we should be paying the exchequer the due 20%.

SirNigel

Pedelecer
Sep 25, 2020
Have you noticed that you don't get any comments, any retweets nor any likes from any of your recent tweets or replies, not even from any of your 14 followers. I have more followers than that, and I've never tweeted anything!

Hilarious that someone that`s been on Twitter for years has that little followers, how embarassing!
I think i`ll do a follow out of pitys sake

oldgroaner

3,840 Tweets

oldgroaner
@oldgroaner
retired

Joined September 2008
14 Following

18 Followers

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
Perfectly true, but the principal remains that paying tax on most of what we buy is an essential part of our UK economy. Amazon and the like are unbalancing our economy, usurping UK government rights.

Wherever we buy, we should be paying the exchequer the due 20%.
For some years, we have been buying some goods from abroad. Not, primarily, because they are less expensive, rather they are they only places to buy them. Paying VAT at standard rate would have been fine. But the customs clearance charges inflate the price for small, low cost items. (Not everything is available via ebay!)

Not looking forward to a future with no low value consignment relief.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
It might be coincidental, but it all seems to have gone tits since education restarted. The primary / infant school in the village is horrendous. I know for a fact people are driving kids from several different households the 1/2 mile to school in their cars. The kids are all over each other in the playground.

I can’t believe that the kids in these age groups don’t contract and spread the virus. They probably don’t display symptoms, but they are human beings and humans spread the disease. I reckon they are giving it to each other at a rapid rate because they aren’t being separated and they are then taking it home and infecting their parents and grand-parents.
I agree that the 4 to 6 years olds should never have been sent back to school since they cannot be trusted with separation, nor do they get much value from school at those ages, mainly play and slapping paint around.

Last edited:

jonathan.agnew

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 27, 2018
no doubt you follow trump. Which says it all. About you and trump. And your many followers.

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
This is funny

imply
Does this Individual actually believe that the abuse directed against the Tory Mp's was simply because Angela Raynor allegedly called one of them scum?

It beggars belief after what they are doing to harm the public on a daily basis.

I tweeted a reply
oldgroaner@oldgroaner

Would you have preferred her to use the much more appropriate description used by Aneurin Bevan?
Try making policy decisions that benefit the public if you want to avoid them abusing you.
They appear all to be frothing and foaming at the mouth.

Funny that:

scum (n.)
early 14c. (implied in scummer "shallow ladle for removing scum"), from Middle Dutch schume "foam, froth," from Proto-Germanic *skuma- (source also of Old Norse skum, Old High German scum, German Schaum "foam, froth"), perhaps from PIE root *(s)keu- "to cover, conceal" on the notion of "that which covers the water."

Reactions: flecc

jonathan.agnew

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 27, 2018
Hilarious that someone that`s been on Twitter for years has that little followers, how embarassing!
I think i`ll do a follow out of pitys sake

oldgroaner

3,840 Tweets

oldgroaner
@oldgroaner
retired

Joined September 2008
14 Following

18 Followers
Here some alternative stats that may not register on Twitter (where I gather you spend most of your time), but that seem important to me. Public health england report via metro news 218 hospital deaths from covid today. Is it lies, negligence, indifference? BBC on PM say 170 total deaths. Am I the only one that think 50 deaths more or less matter?

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
For some years, we have been buying some goods from abroad. Not, primarily, because they are less expensive, rather they are they only places to buy them. Paying VAT at standard rate would have been fine. But the customs clearance charges inflate the price for small, low cost items. (Not everything is available via ebay!)

Not looking forward to a future with no low value consignment relief.
I wasn't proposing that, as I posted I saw the income from the tax paying all the customs costs.

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
Here some alternative stats that may not register on Twitter (where I gather you spend most of your time), but that seem important to me. Public health england report via metro news 218 hospital deaths from covid today. Is it lies, negligence, indifference? BBC on PM say 170 total deaths. Am I the only one that think 50 deaths more or less matter?
I suspect it is the precise nature of the number - which day, what time, including all four countries, or not.

The BBC news website says 218:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-51768274

• Informative

Advertisers