Brexit, for once some facts.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
..common thing is they are positive about Brexit...which is kiss of death on here.
Control of our borders, 100% sovereignty, no payment into EU coffers, ability of making our own trade deals etc.. they are all positive.
I don't think anyone is dismissing them here.
What is in dispute is what we will be forced to give up in return.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
A fine example to "Spin" from the Sunday Express
"
'I should have listened to the people' Finally George Osborne admits HUGE Brexit error
Mr Osborne told The Times: “My political generation was brought up on The West Wing ‘It’s the economy, stupid’ view of politics.
“What’s interesting is we’ve moved more to a politics of identity than a politics of the economy.
“But Conservatives are naturally better placed than the left to have a deeper understanding of identity and issues of nationality.”

“The 2015 election was framed around economic issues but the referendum was framed more around issues of identity — and indeed people who voted to leave were very explicit that they were not voting to leave because they thought it would make them better off.”

Where does the "Spin" come in?
First the Conservatives do not and have never had a "deeper understanding of identity and issues of nationality.”

They were the party that wanted to Surrender to Hitler in 1939

And now the Express is trying to plant the notion that the Brexit voters voted to be worse off?
Why would anyone with even half a brain do that?
"Here you are, make me poorer?"
Come off it, it is simply a way of admitting that Brexit is going to be a financial disaster, and telling Brexit Fans this is what they really wanted, even though they had no idea that would be the result and were made promises that all would be well and there would be $350 Million going spare to spend on the NHS?
Obviously they are hoping that Brexit Voters are thick enough for this "Emperors Clothes" ploy and unwilling to admit they have been made fools of.

• Agree
Reactions: robdon

D8ve

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 30, 2013
Bristol
Control of our borders, 100% sovereignty, no payment into EU coffers, ability of making our own trade deals etc.. they are all positive.
100% sovereignty, giving boris and co total power to regulate my life, hands up everyone who thinks that's a good idea?

• Agree

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Lets see now
Control of our Borders,
we can't afford the expense involved
Sovereignty:
We never lost it
Making our own trade deals:
Selling what exactly? that's the problem.
Services? well if any are left in town
Industry? assuming they don't all go home.

Fine words don't feed mouths

• Agree

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
100% sovereignty to:

- pay less than a living wage to full time workers
- remove consumer protection
- stop protecting the environment
- commit crimes against humanity

That is what you want? Those are the only spheres where the EU intervenes.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
100% sovereignty, giving boris and co total power to regulate my life, hands up everyone who thinks that's a good idea?
No thank you I would sooner be disembowelled slowly with a blunt spoon, as that is to be preferred to the
"Rogering with a Rag Man's Rusty Trumpet"
That unrestricted Tory Rule has in mind for the Public

• Agree

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
100% sovereignty to:

- pay less than a living wage to full time workers
- remove consumer protection
- stop protecting the environment
- commit crimes against humanity

That is what you want? Those are the only spheres where the EU intervenes.
On the subject of employment, the EU directives stop member states filling jobs with the locals first.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
in the Daily Star
"
Nigel Farage receives 10 death threats in TWO WEEKS
NIGEL Farage said he has received 10 death threats over the last two weeks.
The former UKIP leader, labelled as "Britain’s most hated man" by a guest on his own radio show, told the BBC that he had endured four years of ‘endless death threats’.

Despite the fact that he is no longer UKIP leader, since Paul Nuttall’s takeover of the party in November, he said that he is still a figure of hate for many people on the Remain side of the EU referendum.

Farage told the Sunday Express last month: “I’ve got no life, I can’t do anything.

It has been open for readers comments All Day, and the result?
ZERO comments of any kind.
Being a kind person, I have mentioned it here, it's sad to see a cry for attention fail like one of Boris's anti Russian protests outside their embassy.

If Nigel is really lucky, people will eventually forget about him and the damage he has done altogether.

• Agree

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
The man is an attention seeker. More importantly, the BBC reported that Liam Fox said today that the UK may stay in the EU Custom Union after brexit. That is a welcome news. At least the risk of a hard brexit is averted for now.

oldtom

Esteemed Pedelecer
NIGEL Farage said he has received 10 death threats over the last two weeks.
Maybe he should stop the self-publicity then, especially as he is effectively redundant now, much like his party.

In any event, he knows he can sleep easy at night with his private army of mercenaries prepared to shed blood, though probably not their own, to protect their führer and Britain's sovereignty.

These are two of his trusted lieutenants:

15622084_1730425097274030_7273902466365909568_n.jpg 15493512_1730416403941566_6540334112933630331_o.jpg

Tom

• Agree

Andy88

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 6, 2016
Ayrshire
The major problem with many political news sources these days is that they are often biased in the journalsist or newspapers political standpoint.

Just go back and compare news feeds from the polls and predictions and compare what actually happened to what the news sources implied may happen.

Any news source with may, might, could, should etc in the headline can be taken with a pinch of salt.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
The major problem with many political news sources these days is that they are often biased in the journalsist or newspapers political standpoint.

Just go back and compare news feeds from the polls and predictions and compare what actually happened to what the news sources implied may happen.

Any news source with may, might, could, should etc in the headline can be taken with a pinch of salt.
This is very true and, when you think about it the time is long past due when there should be standards of "The Provable truth" somehow applied to what the Press feed to the Public, along the lines of Consumer Protection on Purity of reporting, similar to Food Standards.

They should also be required to report events impartially giving equal exposure to both pro and anti comments on any event, and thus earn the name "Newspaper" Rather than "Rabid Political Propaganda Magazine" which is what they all without exception are today.

• Agree
Reactions: robdon and Croxden

Andy88

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 6, 2016
Ayrshire
I totally agree, and "they" call it progression?

We may be advancing as far as technology is concerned but in terms of a community driven society and human relations we seem to be in steep regression.

Reactions: robdon and Croxden

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
From the Express
"
BREXIT IN THE BALANCE: Liam Fox backtracks with strong hint at Turkey-style EU deal
THE International Trade Secretary gave his strongest hint yet that Britain will try to remain within the EU's single market after Brexit"

Rats and sinking ships come to mind for some reason, and the reader's comments are not complimentary, as they wanted to see the back of "Johnny Foreigners" and all the other things they were promised about "Sovereignty"
People Power? :D:D:D

• Agree
Reactions: robdon and oldtom

Andy88

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 6, 2016
Ayrshire
This is a typical example the clue is in "Hint"

If I had a £1 for every story in the press that was based on supposition and not fact I wouldn't need to work anymore.

You may or may not find this entertaining

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
This is a typical example the clue is in "Hint"

If I had a £1 for every story in the press that was based on supposition and not fact I wouldn't need to work anymore.

You may or may not find this entertaining

We do indeed live in a Comedy Noir" world, the comment about the new American Defence Secretary having the Monika "Mad Dog" pretty much sums it all up!

Reactions: robdon and Andy88

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Bored with Brexit?

He identified correctly two things, the intolerance that the referendum uncovered, and the "Get out of Jail " card that Brexit will provide as a replacement whipping boy when blaming the EU wears thin.

Sadly for the first time there will be an element of truth in that, as the Brexit Voters should really have realised that no matter that they think they won something, the Government simply increased it's power over them.

Kudoscycles

Official Trade Member
Apr 15, 2011
www.kudoscycles.com
Not much of a compliment when The Cheshire Cat, and Tweedledum and Tweedledee have achieved notoriety as "The three Brexiteers."
I'm sure you can work out which is which!
Mind you we have much more entertaining Pantomimes at The Lightstream stadium in Hull.
This is our "Wicked Queen"

No leather trousers here you will note!
"Nuff said!
;)
Thats Linda Lucardi,I think.....showing my age and hers.....amazing how the camera never lies,hehe!!!!

Advertisers