Brexit, for once some facts.

Last edited:

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
From the Daily Mirror
"
Theresa May quietly reveals the 'eye watering' salaries of her top aides on the first day of Christmas holiday
The Tories quietly slipped out details of top Government advisors' pay on the first day of the Christmas Holiday
"
Theresa May’s top two aides are paid a combined £280,000 a year, figures revealed tonight.
The Prime Minister’s joint chiefs of staff, Fiona Hill and Nick Timothy, each pocket £140,000 salaries.
Mrs May’s press chief Katie Perrior gets £125,000, while the PM herself receives £149,440 a year."

How does an aid justify £140,000 a year?
Truly the people who imagined they would get a good deal by leaving the EU to be ruled by these parasites are deluded.

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
I didn't realise it had gone quiet Tillson, you are only one not on my ignore list..its been brilliant...
I reckon Tom and OG will struggle eating Christmas dinner...all that humble pie...
Anyhow merry Xmas even you thick remainers.
That should get OG talking to himself...
By the way KTM
Think you meant " on there". Education standards have dropped .

Last edited:
  • :D
  • Offensive Language
Reactions: D8ve and tillson

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
I didn't realise it had gone quiet Tillson, you are only one not on my ignore list..its been brilliant...
I reckon Tom and OG will struggle eating Christmas dinner...all that humble pie...
Anyhow merry Xmas even you thick remainers.
That should get OG talking to himself...
This pointless troublemaker is still with us apparently, and still doesn't understand the reality of the situation, thick remainers eh?
Pretty much sums up his intellect .

• Agree
Reactions: robdon and oldtom

Croxden

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2013
North Staffs
From the Daily Mirror
"
Theresa May quietly reveals the 'eye watering' salaries of her top aides on the first day of Christmas holiday
The Tories quietly slipped out details of top Government advisors' pay on the first day of the Christmas Holiday
"
Theresa May’s top two aides are paid a combined £280,000 a year, figures revealed tonight.
The Prime Minister’s joint chiefs of staff, Fiona Hill and Nick Timothy, each pocket £140,000 salaries.
Mrs May’s press chief Katie Perrior gets £125,000, while the PM herself receives £149,440 a year."

How does an aid justify £140,000 a year?
Truly the people who imagined they would get a good deal by leaving the EU to be ruled by these parasites are deluded.
I see your plan now, get noticed on here, then get picked for a plum job.

The best of luck, I wish I had the time.

Reactions: robdon and oldtom

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
It now seems likely that any deal the UK will have with the EU need to be ratified by 27 member states. Nomura said 'there is room for a correction on disappointment' as the talk progresses, which could send the Pound below $1.20.

• Agree
Reactions: robdon

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
It now seems likely that any deal the UK will have with the EU need to be ratified by 27 member states.
That seems to be an absolute for any EU dealings. The position for agreements is the same as that with trade. In both respects the EU is just an administrative overseer, all trading and agreements are with the other 27 members individually. Effectively that means each has a veto, very much narrowing how much scope there is for variation.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
If the deal is blocked by one or a few of the EU27, do you think that a second referendum is likely?

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
If the deal is blocked by one or a few of the EU27, do you think that a second referendum is likely?
I think it would be very likely if the only terms that could be agreed with the 27 are markedly different from a true Brexit.

Abruptly casting the country to life without any EU trading seems unthinkable, so backing down on departure could become the best option.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
I think it would be very likely if the only terms that could be agreed with the 27 are markedly different from a true Brexit.

Abruptly casting the country to life without any EU trading seems unthinkable, so backing down on departure could become the best option.
And very likely the brexit voters would find themselves demanding a referendum, how ironic[emoji1]

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

• Agree
Reactions: robdon and flecc

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
They spent all their money backing Trump and Farage...

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Hmm... looks like the funding for all these "patriotic" right wing groups fighting to get their countries back, seems to be running out.
It would be money down the drain anyway. In mainland Europe and indeed Britain, there's a barrier at about a third of the voting population beyond which people won't vote for the far right.

Mosley, Farage and the Le Pens have all flogged this dead horse in turn, without success.

The only exception was Hitler in the 1930s as a direct result of Germany being so grievously treated following World War 1, our fault. We didn't make that mistake after WW2, so even Germany cannot produce a far right wing majority now.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
So you think all remainers are thick OG ?
If cap fits. You sure aren't gifted OG.

But I,m putting you back in the box, the ignore one.
Does anyone understand what this fool imagines he is doing?
It must be hard to contradict yourself regularly and and so consistently misunderstand the other posters, but he/she/it manages it every time!

No wonder that it couldn't make it's few brain cell form enough of consensus to vote either way in the referendum.

• Agree
Reactions: robdon

Advertisers