Brexit, for once some facts.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Scotland wouldn`t last 5 minutes out of the UK.
What do they produce that the rest of the world wants/needs?
A long line of some of the most valuable scientists and engineers any country has ever produced. And Keir Hardie.

Reactions: oyster

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland

Zilch!
. Scotland would be very welcomed by the EU. It is a huge fishing resource a very large footprint and has incredible renewable energy resources. Remember it only has a small population . If it were to charge English tourists a levy or tax per day, it would swell revenue. Then selling water and energy to the South ..it might do very nicely.
For my part, I was sorry that Scotland did not take its opportunity in 2014, but chickened out due to the fear of being dumped by England out of the EU. A UK veto no longer applies
The EU/EEC was capable of absorbing a bankrupt DDR , not without some pain, but it was relatively painless. Scotland would not be as bad a case.

SirNigel

Pedelecer
Sep 25, 2020
. Scotland would be very welcomed by the EU. It is a huge fishing resource a very large footprint and has incredible renewable energy resources. Remember it only has a small population . If it were to charge English tourists a levy or tax per day, it would swell revenue. Then selling water and energy to the South ..it might do very nicely.
For my part, I was sorry that Scotland did not take its opportunity in 2014, but chickened out due to the fear of being dumped by England out of the EU. A UK veto no longer applies
The EU/EEC was capable of absorbing a bankrupt DDR , not without some pain, but it was relatively painless. Scotland would not be as bad a case.
Ok, so basically it couldn`t stand on its own two feet, it needs to be propped up, bit like we had to prop up Ireland a few years back - right?
Of all the things the EU needs presently is not another Irish type lame duck.

Barry Shittpeas

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 1, 2020

Zilch!
I agree, I think it would be a mistake, but that might be 5 minutes longer than the UK lasts out of the EU with our destiny entirely in the hands of Boris Johnson, Matt Handcock, Michael Gove, Jacob Rees-Mogg, Robert Jenrick, Fat-Arse Patel..... I could keep going.

These people are too stupid to know that all the others are stupid. It's like a stupid reactor in meltdown. The stupid people don't realise that their colleagues are also stupid because they are too stupid to work it out.

You have seen first hand how they have made a mess of every aspect of handling the Coronavirus. They are pretty close to the worst performers in the world. Look at what they promised you in post Brexit Britain back in 2016. Measure that against where we are heading now. The easiest trade deal in history, the German Car industry won't allow no-deal, the EU will be begging to trade with us, the threat of chaos at the ports is project fear. They are too stupid to deliver what they promised and they have failed comprehensively, just like they have done with Coronavirus.

And the crowning glory to all this is that people can't really say what they expect the benefits of leaving the EU to be.

• Agree
Reactions: Woosh and oyster

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
Ok, so basically it couldn`t stand on its own two feet, it needs to be propped up, bit like we had to prop up Ireland a few years back - right?
Nigel ... Where ignorance is bliss , it is folly to be wise... you do take that to heart don't you? . the UK did not prop up Ireland. it gave a LOAN, which was / is repaid with INTEREST.
and yes. Every country needs those from time to time. Last night I looked at an episode of the Crown, set in about 1964, I think, with margaret winsor getting money for a bankrupt UK in the USA.
and incidentally you don t get to select or decide who or what the Eu considers a duck lame or otherwise . you LOST THAT RIGHT.

Reactions: flecc

wheeler

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 4, 2016
Scotland
Ok, so basically it couldn`t stand on its own two feet, it needs to be propped up,
That's the Union dividend.
I still don't understand why, if Scotland is such a drain on rUK, was there a Better Together campaign to retain Scotland in the Union. Surely rUK should be keen to get rid of Scotland. Shouldn't be a big problem to park the nukes on the Thames.

bit like we had to prop up Ireland a few years back - right?
I don't think there was any "had to" prop up Ireland, the UK was happy to loan money and earn around £400m interest so far.

In relation to theLoans to Ireland Act 2010:
The Act allows HM Treasury to loan up to £3,250 million (£3.25 billion; €3,835 million/€3.84 billion) to Ireland, as part of an €85 billion European Union bailout package. The final disbursement of the loan was made on 26 September 2013. The final repayment by Ireland is due on 26 March 2021.

• Agree
Reactions: Woosh

SirNigel

Pedelecer
Sep 25, 2020
In 2019, £81.4 billion worth of exports not including oil and gas, up 5.2% from the previous year.
Main export partnersRest of United Kingdom 60%
Rest of the World 22%
European Union 18%[9

and where does the majority of it go, yes thats right, the rest of the UK!!
And a meagre 18% with the EU who you seem to salivate over.

So who needs whom??

Nev

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 1, 2018
North Wales
Johnson's comment that devolution was Blair's biggest mistake would indicate that the Blond Bawbag hasn't read the Chilcott Report.
I don't think BJ reads any report in detail, either just does a quick scan of the summary or gets someone to give him a quick two minute brief of what a report contains. He is a showman and an entertainer, a guy who wanted to be PM all his life but has no idea what to do once he got there. I will be extremely surprised if he is the Tory leader at the next GE, in fact I think he might be gone well before the next GE. I suspect KS thinks so too as I have noticed he and other shadow cabinet members attack Sunak just as much as they do BJ.

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
I don't think BJ reads any report in detail, either just does a quick scan of the summary or gets someone to give him a quick two minute brief of what a report contains. He is a showman and an entertainer, a guy who wanted to be PM all his life but has no idea what to do once he got there. I will be extremely surprised if he is the Tory leader at the next GE, in fact I think he might be gone well before the next GE. I suspect KS thinks so too as I have noticed he and other shadow cabinet members attack Sunak just as much as they do BJ.
It makes absolutely no difference, they're all signed up and sold out to The Great Reset, so they'll all be working to the same agenda. Regardless of who you vote for, it'll be unelected Gates, Blaire, Bezos, Dorsey, Sorros, Schwab and the rest of them that determine how much freedom and wealth you won't have in the future.

Reactions: POLLY

wheeler

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 4, 2016
Scotland
Main export partnersRest of United Kingdom 60%
Rest of the World 22%
European Union 18%[9

and where does the majority of it go, yes thats right, the rest of the UK!!
And a meagre 18% with the EU who you seem to salivate over.

So who needs whom??
Your figures don't account for Scottish products purchased by rUK companies and then exported to EU.
In the event of an independent Scotland, rUK would be in "the rest of the world"

As far as who needs whom, that's what I would like to know. According to you Scotland has nothing the rest of the world wants and has to be "propped up" by the Union, however in 2014 when there was a chance to be alleviated of that drag on UK finances the UK government campaigned to retain Scotland in the Union.
Clearly, Scotland has something that successive UK governments want, it must be more than just somewhere to park nukes, so just who does need whom?

OxygenJames

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 8, 2012
That's better, I've recovered now. At least I'm not a sad little guy that has to resort to calling people names because he can't stand up to arguments.
OK. Let's try an 'argument' - as you seem to be suggesting.

Ready?

Here we go.

You sent in this post:

And as was pointed out to you - you were mistaken - Michigan had NOT flipped to Trump as you stated.

Now what - exactly - is your argument against acknowledging you made a mistake?

Because otherwise me calling you a sad little troll seems completely appropriate.

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
OK. Let's try an 'argument' - as you seem to be suggesting.

Ready?

Here we go.

You sent in this post:

View attachment 39387

And as was pointed out to you - you were mistaken - Michigan had NOT flipped to Trump as you stated.

Now what - exactly - is your argument against acknowledging you made a mistake?

Because otherwise me calling you a sad little troll seems completely appropriate.
Not at all. Trump defeated Joe Biden in Antrim County, getting 56% of the vote. It was first declared for Biden, but then they found "a glitch in the software" and when sorted, it flipped to Trump. Antrim County is in Michigan, is it not? - so I was 100% correct.

• :D

Advertisers