Brexit, for once some facts.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
If further proof in support of Tom's assertion about the use of propaganda was needed the Express has this this morning
"
Britain will have given Brussels £623 BILLION by 2020 as cost of EU membership is revealed
BRITAIN’S EU membership has cost an eye-watering £527billion since 1973 - with the UK expected to hand over a further £96billion by the end of the decade, claim Change Britain."

And does not attempt to qualify that simple statement, with the usual with what was achieved in return, as if the money was simply wasted, or even to offer any proof to support the quoted figure

As the author hoped nonsense reader's comments resulted.,
"We could have spent that on X number of hospitals! is the cry, rather than the more truthful question.
"Into who's offshore bank accounts would it have gone?"
As the revenue from North Sea oil and gas did?

I keep reminding myself that Brexit voters are NOT STUPID
But it's getting harder every day.
Looking into this further it turns out that after rebates the true figure
is "Applying the discount reduces the figure to about £380 billion,

Reactions: robdon

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
A New Year Question:

How much could the EU have invested in infrastructure in the UK with the UK rebate?... o_O

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
A little fantasy from Mrs May
"
Mrs May said she would use the next 12 months to ensure Britain negotiates the right EU withdrawal deal for people whether they voted Leave or Remain.

She added: "As the fantastic MP Jo Cox, who was so tragically taken from us last year, put it: 'We are far more united and have far more in common than that which divides us'."

The Prime Minister said the UK is positioned to seize the "great opportunities" ahead."

Clever use of an opponent to justify your own position, especially when the opponent cannot distance herself from May's comments.
Full marks for conning the gullible.

The only great opportunities that are ahead to be seized, are ones that will line the pockets of the Elite, not the public.
There simply isn't a right EU withdrawal for anyone except them.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
A New Year Question:

How much could the EU have invested in infrastructure in the UK with the UK rebate?... o_O
Here is a small example here in Hull
"
ALMOST £40m floods into Hull annually thanks to EU membership – although one organisation that benefited recently has since gone into administration.

Campaign group Britain Stronger In Europe has figures showing, on average, £38.8m is paid back into the city every year from EU funding pots.

Read more at http://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/eu-membership-brings-40m-year-hull/story-29043823-detail/story.html#tb7PXvkhkoByehFf.99"

• Informative
Reactions: robdon and oldtom

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
A New Year Question:

Wouldn't that be pointless ? Apart from eu being able to say we did this for you, when infact they didn't ...

OG
Re.Goebells...There are those that think man didn't land on moon in 69 , those that believe aliens landed at area 51, that CIA killed Kennedy..all with more justification than Goebells been linked to Brexit...but all impossible to disprove...its almost impossible to prove something doesn't exist..Religion and every conspiracy theory relies on it. So sorry I cant prove a link between Goebells and Brexit does not exist..
What I do know is its a barmy and pointless assertion only used to have another dig at leavers. You know that full well but insist on defending what is indefensible...

Inferring leavers are fascist, calling them.idiots, racist ,xenophobic and misinformed should be criticised by both sides of debate. Those making these statements are the real bigots and dangerous for all our well being.

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
Wouldn't that be pointless ?
I don't know, that is for those using sub-standard infrastructure to decide. I was under the impression that your infrastructure was starting to show its age?

• Agree
Reactions: robdon and flecc

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
zlatan, the tories are usually associated with big political donors, honour list selling etc - basically what Trump calls the swamp. Brexit is unlikely to be a success if negotiated by the tories alone.

oldtom

Esteemed Pedelecer
Usually, internet trolls just crawl back under their stone once they have been found out and everyone eventually notices that they have nothing to offer except criticism of others in forum discussions. 'Pedelecs' seems to have acquired a particularly thick-skinned troll!

It seems that everything the tory party and their far-right derivatives stand for like graft, corruption and murder are all good qualities in troll-land, while identifying and standing up against fascism, racism, Zionism, all forms of extremism and showing concern for the weakest and poorest in society is somehow only worthy of ridicule in the materialistic troll universe.

My thoughts today are with the 39 human beings of various nationalities savagely murdered in a Turkish nightclub by someone from one of those 'isms'.

Tom

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
Wouldn't that be pointless ? Apart from eu being able to say we did this for you, when infact they didn't ...

OG
Re.Goebells...There are those that think man didn't land on moon in 69 , those that believe aliens landed at area 51, that CIA killed Kennedy..all with more justification than Goebells been linked to Brexit...but all impossible to disprove...its almost impossible to prove something doesn't exist..Religion and every conspiracy theory relies on it. So sorry I cant prove a link between Goebells and Brexit does not exist..
What I do know is its a barmy and pointless assertion only used to have another dig at leavers. You know that full well but insist on defending what is indefensible...

Inferring leavers are fascist, calling them.idiots, racist ,xenophobic and misinformed should be criticised by both sides of debate. Those making these statements are the real bigots and dangerous for all our well being.

Zlantan, in post 8544 I posed you you a question which I now repeat . You have to date failed to make any response to it

So I ask of you this question . Why do you think the UK will be better placed to meet the challenges of the 21st and 22nd centuries on its own rather than linked with the 27 neighbours with which it shares 15 centuries of history. ?

I and I am sure a lot of others are not interested in what trolls, facists, racists, idiots, brexiteers and sundry other insulting labels are alleged to inhabit these pages, so please address my query

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015

OG

And Tom doesn't claim there is a link, does he?
Tom's main contention is that the the Brexit politicians and Press employ lies mistruths, rumours and propaganda to further their ends using methods pioneered by the German Propaganda minister during the 1930's and 1940's

Why on earth have you included all that nonsense about Conspiracy theories? you would do better in reading what Tom had written rather than trying to make it into something that suits you.

What I do know is its a barmy and pointless assertion only used to have another dig at leavers. You know that full well but insist on defending what is indefensible..

What I know full well is that you have distorted what was written to suit your own agenda, and are quite simply unable to see that you could be wrong.
And what pray is "indefensible"?
Have we all to conform to what you determine is "the truth"?

So now calling someone misinformed has been added to your taboo list? and you think that is right?
Are you asserting then that all people who voted for leaing the EU have the purest reasons, when you yourself have time and again stressed that you have more interest in the chance to profit from this debacle and regard profit of greater interest than social well being?

And where does the danger come in? do you imagine that it is possible to simply stifle dissent where there is good reason for it to exist?

There is a word for people with that attitude, but since you object to it, I'll leave it unsaid.

• Agree

Kudoscycles

Official Trade Member
Apr 15, 2011
www.kudoscycles.com
Sadly my brother in law was rushed into hospital yesterday with suspected Sepsis,needing urgent treatment.
He was rushed through A and E,immediate blood tests and onto a ward being pumped with antibiotics,all within one hour.
The doctor in A and E,the registrar,doctor and nurses on the ward,were all from India.....all on New Year's Eve....are we still keen to turn our backs on these highly capable and caring people?
He was looking a lot better today.

Beach Thorncombe

Pedelecer
Dec 15, 2016
United Kingdom
I wonder if this thread is viewed as an embarrassment by the owners of Pedelecs.co.uk?

Elderly folk*, bitterly rowing and spitting bile, constantly going around in circles while assuming the roles of pundits on topics so ethereal they pop in and out of existence like quantum virtual particles.

Utterly bizarre … and no more than a self induced act of masturbation for those of you who just love to wind other folk up from behind the safety of your keyboards.

It is little wonder car owners hold such disdain for cyclists on our roads if you Pedelec members, (on this particular thread), represent the mindset of an average cyclist. (Power assisted or not).

Close down this nasty, nasty thread, Admin. It, surely, cannot act as a positive advert or a cheery welcome for new members excitedly joining this place …

*Yes. I confess to generalising but, nonetheless, this thread reeks of a stale smell that can only come from the equally stale minds expressing themselves on these pages.

Over and out.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Close down this nasty, nasty thread, Admin. It, surely, cannot act as a positive advert or a cheery welcome for new members excitedly joining this place …
Are you mad? ;) That will never happen! Why? See below:

Replies:
Views:

Sites depend on advertising and advertising revenues depend of traffic. No other thread in here comes vaguely close to generating such traffic.

Kudoscycles

Official Trade Member
Apr 15, 2011
www.kudoscycles.com
I wonder if this thread is viewed as an embarrassment by the owners of Pedelecs.co.uk?

Elderly folk*, bitterly rowing and spitting bile, constantly going around in circles while assuming the roles of pundits on topics so ethereal they pop in and out of existence like quantum virtual particles.

Utterly bizarre … and no more than a self induced act of masturbation for those of you who just love to wind other folk up from behind the safety of your keyboards.

It is little wonder car owners hold such disdain for cyclists on our roads if you Pedelec members, (on this particular thread), represent the mindset of an average cyclist. (Power assisted or not).

*Yes. I confess to generalising but, nonetheless, this thread reeks of a stale smell that can only come from the equally stale minds expressing themselves on these pages.

Over and out.
I suppose us Remainers are looking for ways to express the voice of the majority of the country who now wish to Remain,Theresa May is desperate to keep the people and parliament away from any form of a vote which displays the strength of those who want to ditch this entire Brexit stupidity.
The Leavers are getting more desperate that 'the will of the people' is becoming more Remain as every day goes by,this would be highlighted by a second referendum,now that we all have such greater knowledge.
From my view point I don't see the thread as particularly nasty,it is in a corner of this Forum that you can easily ignore if it causes you concern.
By the way 'over and out' is a meaningless command......'Over' means that you expect some response,'Out' means you have finished your conversation,together they are contradictory requests....it came mistakenly out of programmes like Baywatch.
E-bikes are a bit quiet at this time of year.
Happy New Year.
KudosDave

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015

Over and out.
"this thread reeks of a stale smell that can only come from the equally stale minds expressing themselves on these pages."
Well it was alright yesterday;)
Have you actually anything worthy of interest to contribute?
Clearly you have no understanding that it is bad manners to introduce yourself in such a fashion, and let your mouth run away in that manner, if you have nothing to add the topic of the thread, why are you here?

Last edited:
  • Agree

oldtom

Esteemed Pedelecer
The doctor in A and E,the registrar,doctor and nurses on the ward,were all from India.....all on New Year's Eve....are we still keen to turn our backs on these highly capable and caring people?
He was looking a lot better today.
Dave, I'm delighted to hear your B.I.L. is in better health today and there are millions of people around these islands who, like you, would attest to the value and commitment of our immigrant population, a huge number of whom nowadays are British-born anyway.

The British people happily accepted our Irish neighbours when we desperately wanted good workers to create our canal system, motorways and railways too, to some extent. They also understood that London Transport simply couldn't hire sufficient staff to man the increasing number of tube trains and buses required by a burgeoning population. The West Indians who came over on the Windrush in 1948 to answer LT's job advert didn't have an easy ride here because of their colour and the fact that Britain then was very colour-prejudiced. Nonetheless, they came to work and they did work, doing jobs that many British people just wouldn't do.

In this 21st century, we have many eastern Europeans who, like our other immigrant populations, have a great work ethic, contributing happily into the exchequer via their taxes, many of whom, in the way of previous immigrant generations, perform work that lots of British people would rather not do.

Unfortunately, trying to get thickos to understand that most of our welfare bill goes to support native, white Anglo-Saxons, rather than immigrants with a different tongue or different skin colour is extremely difficult.

Tom

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
Are you mad? ;) That will never happen! Why? See below:

Replies:
Views:

Sites depend on advertising and advertising revenues depend of traffic. No other thread in here comes vaguely close to generating such traffic.
No , its site that must be mad for allowing it. Poster made an excellent point. This thread has damaged the image of cycling ...its already in a poor place with Wiggins and Brailsford , this thread certainly has not helped...far from it. Its actually appalling, gives a terrible impression of cyclists, for the dozen or so that actually bother to read it...

Last edited:

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
No , its site that must be mad for allowing it. - - - - - gives a terrible impression of cyclists .
I've understood you to already have a terrible impression of cyclists, posting as you've done that we must be mad to cycle in traffic. So it appears Admin are being consistent in aligning with what constitutes madness in your warped opinion.

In fact I'm rather proud of this thread that I started. It's given a voice to the remainers, revealed the considerable depth of political and international knowledge that some of them have, exposed the odd trolls, bigots and racists. All of this while breaking records by having well over four times the number of web pages of any thread in this site and generating substantial viewing traffic.

On this first of January I'd normally wish you a Happy New Pedelecing Year, but of course you don't and won't ride bicycles so you have no legitimate presence in this web site.

Advertisers