Brexit, for once some facts.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Underhand??? No it wasn't. Was quite direct. If cap fits Jonathon.
You haven't called anyone Tory fan boy for a day or two. You OK?
And quite ironic from the poster who bullied Susan out after posting for a couple of weeks. Never been back since you insulted her..
There was I thinking the flak had stopped, but no, fortunately I suffer fools, not gladly, but still put up with them
As to Susan it was not my intent to Bully her, and I'm pretty sure she is more than capable of holding her own with a grumpy old man like me.
Susan, should you read this, I apologise for what clearly appeared to you to be bullying, but to be fair not only was it not intended to be, but you are in fact more than welcome, and if you read the flak I take, I know in fact despite appearances I am among friends here.
Feel free to give me a verbal roasting when you think I deserve it, after all everybody else does!
When JHC, says something like that, it is time to head for the hills...
We're all doomed if he does that.... but then I'm doomed anyway and I shall, when called to judgement, ask for an unspecified number of previous offences to be taken into account.
PS I shall ask for extra seats close to the fire for JHC and Zlatan as well as the one I have :cool: ordered for Flecc already

Last edited:
Reactions: flecc and Woosh

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016

Think this is same data as linked to earlier but its appeared in Lancet... Same conclusions.

And interesting comments from TB about preparation for a pandemic..

Tony Blair's institution was first to suggest 12 week delay for both jabs.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: oldgroaner

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015

Think this is same data as linked to earlier but its appeared in Lancet... Same conclusions.

And interesting comments from TB about preparation for a pandemic..

Tony Blair's institution was first to suggest 12 week delay for both jabs.
So?
Not someone I regard as a role model for being honest

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Brexit is taking another nose dive as we discover we can't afford "Taking back control of our Borders" as the EU can
Yet another Leave promise gets blown out of the water!

Food scarcity fears prompt plan to ease post-Brexit checks on EU imports Ministers considering ‘lighter touch’ regime to avoid disruption to supplies from bloc

Time we solved the Brexit nightmare , faced up to the fact it was a mistake, and began the long process of asking for re admission to the group
The times ran this (found on Twitter)

homemoz

Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2007
UK
That’s a good reply. Very measured, classy even. I feel bad now for making my earlier remarks. Stick around, I think we might get on.
Thanks, I appreciate that. have followed your comments with interest under your various incarnations & though there is a lot I haven't agreed with, there is also a lot that I have. It is good to have different points of view & if nothing else this forum is certainly robust! One of the things that I find dangerous is when dissent is suppressed & I think that is happening more and more. So yes, I will stick around even though my posts may be more occasional ones.

Just going to make a small edit. Read "informed dissent". Not so keen on dissent that doesn't have legs.

Last edited:

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
Noticed Angela Merkel getting some stick in Daily Mail this morning. Really going into overdrive, blaming her for vaccine roll out. And bringing her East German yet privileged past up.. Not sure where they are going but paper still lights fires... Practically and metaphorically.
Not linked to it, seems to upset some putting propoganda in here.

• Dislike

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
We could come unstuck France has an aircraft carrier that has working aircraft on it :D
Shame this idea was shot down by Liam Fox:

Sharing aircraft carriers with France 'unrealistic'

Defence Secretary Liam Fox has ruled out the UK sharing aircraft carriers with France as part of closer defence co-operation and efforts to save money.

Dr Fox, who is in Paris for talks with his French counterpart, said such a move would be "unrealistic".
Published 3 September 2010
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-politics-11174778

• :D

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Most people do not have the patience to read through the study.
If you have time, read the section: Exploratory analyses by prime-boost interval.
and sub-section: Asymptomatic COVID-19 cases more than 14 days after second dose (COV002 only) Prime-boost interval (two standard doses) .
The results supports single dose and 12 weeks boost interval but are nuanced.
It clearly suggests that second dose at 9-11 weeks is best of the 4 bands.
The vaccines give good protection against symptomatic Covid and does not do much if at all to asymptomatic Covid.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Noticed Angela Merkel getting some stick in Daily Mail this morning. Really going into overdrive, blaming her for vaccine roll out. And bringing her East German yet privileged past up.. Not sure where they are going but paper still lights fires... Practically and metaphorically.
Not linked to it, seems to upset some putting propoganda in here.
One thing Zlatan exemplifies is the truth of the old maxim

"The one thing you learn from experience
Is that you never learn from experience"
And of course the same applies to spelling apparently :rolleyes:

Reactions: oyster

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Most people do not have the patience to read through the study.
If you have time, read the section: Exploratory analyses by prime-boost interval.
and sub-section: Asymptomatic COVID-19 cases more than 14 days after second dose (COV002 only) Prime-boost interval (two standard doses) .
The results supports single dose and 12 weeks boost interval but are nuanced.
It clearly suggests that second dose at 9-11 weeks is best of the 4 bands.
The vaccines give good protection against symptomatic Covid and does not do much if at all to asymptomatic Covid.
Good explanation, however there is a caveat
"And some fell upon stony ground and did not prosper.":cool:

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Shame this idea was shot down by Liam Fox:

Defence Secretary Liam Fox has ruled out the UK sharing aircraft carriers with France as part of closer defence co-operation and efforts to save money.

Dr Fox, who is in Paris for talks with his French counterpart, said such a move would be "unrealistic".
Published 3 September 2010
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-politics-11174778
What a pity we have plenty of parking spaces on ours they could rent at very competitive rates, and get rid of the dummy ones we borrowed from the Yanks.

Reactions: oyster

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
I refer you to JHC's glowing testimonial to our Gallic friends.
ps: they'll have more up to date Exocets by now too!o_O
.. I doubt, many of you have observed the business end of an exocet, coming at you ..and lived to tell the tale. My brother did.

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
Some supremely hollow words:

The UK foreign secretary, Dominic Raab, said: “We welcome the removal of Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe’s ankle tag, but Iran’s continued treatment of her is intolerable. She must be allowed to return to the UK as soon as possible to be reunited with her family.”

• Agree

Advertisers