Brexit, for once some facts.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Wales Online ran this
"
Support fund for UK fishing and shellfish businesses launched as industry is 'on verge of collapse'
Boat owners and businesses can receive payments of up to £10,000 per vessel"

And how far will that go? have they absolutely no grasp of the cost of existing bill so far? and how will it make any difference for the future?
Time to get someone to negotiate in good faith with the EU

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Seems media is as fickle as ours too.
I have little faith in our government handing over to Baroness Dido Harding (National Institute of Health Protection quango) such a vast sum of money without much political accountability or oversight or use of civil servants.

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
I have little faith in our government handing over to Baroness Dido Harding (National Institute of Health Protection quango) such a vast sum of money without much political accountability or oversight or use of civil servants.
Agreed but we have to take risk on someone doing these things. I thought the Kate Bingham appointment was cronyism. All signs there, husband a Tory MP, privileged background etc etc but that has proved inspired. She has done marvelous. Jury still out with Harding. They are spouting on news this morning how good T and T is, but we, ll see.
Much as I hate cronyism you must be careful to ignore the good candidate because of it. During war who would have guessed bloke running newspapers (Daily Mail) and big buddies with Churchill could have completely transformed our munitions and armaments supply. He probably saved us from losing war. Churchill thought him capable, not sure others agreed.

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016

Good article explaining law behind vaccine contracts.
Basically
When EU said contract law is not like buying something at Butchers and that you needn't stand in line... They were wrong. Actually you do.. Anyway read the article. (you can join for free and get 3 articles without paying)
Conclusion from article.
Screenshot_20210310_105434.jpg

So we now have second reason EU will not be going to court.
They would lose.

It seems AZ promised "to try" and supply EU.
Whereas with UK they promised "to" supply.

Last edited:
  • :D
Reactions: POLLY

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Agreed but we have to take risk on someone doing these things. I thought the Kate Bingham appointment was cronyism. All signs there, husband a Tory MP, privileged background etc etc but that has proved inspired. She has done marvelous. Jury still out with Harding. They are spouting on news this morning how good T and T is, but we, ll see.
Much as I hate cronyism you must be careful to ignore the good candidate because of it. During war who would have guessed bloke running newspapers (Daily Mail) and big buddies with Churchill could have completely transformed our munitions and armaments supply. He probably saved us from losing war. Churchill thought him capable, not sure others agreed.
Actually it was the labour politician who replaced him that achieved that

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I’m sure flecc initially liked it......and then had a rethink:D:D Could be wrong though.
No I didn't at all, I had no hesitation in choosing "dislike" for that post.

Such expressions as "Wogs begin at Calais" are almost a British tradition and sufficiently vague to be laughed at, but your post was too literal, detailed and spiteful to be taken as a joke.

In your original pedelecs persona your non-U humour was widely appreciated, but in this third persona you seem to have lost the touch and overstep the mark quite often.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Fair enough, perhaps we should all try and check dates of links we supply. A lot of water under bridge since December.
Alas on this matter nothing has improved since then, it's worth noting that the first critical article was authored by three American ladies based in London and the second by an englishman

Last edited:

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
He probably saved us from losing war. Churchill thought him capable, not sure others agreed.
We did lose it, at Dunkirk.

Fortunately the Americans and Russians took on the task and won it for us.

We did a mini re-run of Dunkirk in Iraq at Basra where our army ran away from their angry civilians, hid in the desert and negotiated a retreat to back home.

Last edited:
  • Disagree
Reactions: Suzan

Advertisers