Brexit, for once some facts.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
latest adverse reactions report from HM Govt
https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-vaccine-adverse-reactions/coronavirus-vaccine-summary-of-yellow-card-reporting#annex-1-vaccine-analysis-print

And a rather critical view from a fringe publication
https://dailyexpose.co.uk/2021/03/27/terrifying-8th-update-on-adverse-reactions-to-covid-vaccines-released-by-uk-government/

My side effects are
Stiff arm at injection site
Headache
Feeling tired
Aching joints in both legs and calf muscles
Metallic taste in the mouth.
feeling "giddy" at times (could be my normal state some would say :cool: )
Not serious enough to bother reporting, but still here after 3.5 days.
My wife does not seem to be suffering any new sensations over the ones she normally reports....repeatedly!

Last edited:

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Another Lie!
COVID-19: Up to 60m vaccine doses to be manufactured at Barnard Castle, Boris Johnson says
Actually finished and filled NOT manufactured, with all the associated problems with supply chains we have now.

Jon Worth@jonworth
https://twitter.com/jonworth
·Hmmm. More on Novavax via

@vramosbis
- also detail on production Reuters says it's Novavax, *not* the Commission itself, dragging heels on signing the contract... what's going on here? Google Translate from Spanish https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=es&tl=en&u=https://www.eleconomista.es/empresas-finanzas/noticias/11097350/03/21/La-UE-es-la-unica-gran-economia-que-retrasa-la-compra-de-la-quinta-vacuna.html…

Semyaza@Semyaza666
Maybe they want to land a bigger contract with EU?Also it might have something to do with indian annoucement that they had delayed Nova deployment till autumn due to prob in raw materials supplies

Jon Worth
@jonworth

Or they fear a AZ situation, where EU blocks exports? Do we know *what* raw materials are in short supply? And is it literally a raw material, or an ingredient that is manufactured? And if the latter, where is it made?

https://twitter.com/Semyaza666
SemyazaSemyaza666
https://twitter.com/Semyaza666
Nova is one of the most complicated vax to be made. Growing cultures of baculovirus,then growing cultures of moth cells...Think here lies the problems with the raw materials/ingredients.

Semyaz@Semyaza66 Replying to @Semyaza666@jonworth and @vramosbis

"Poonawalla said earlier this month that a temporary U.S. ban on exports of critical raw materials could limit the production of coronavirus vaccines such as Novavax."

But how the faithful will crow over this!

Last edited:
  • :D
  • Informative
Reactions: POLLY and oyster

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
The DailyExpose says:

The terrifying thing about this is around only 1% of adverse reactions are actually reported to the MHRA Yellow Card Scheme, with many people not even knowing of its existence.
Not at all clear about that statement. Might be true had they said "historically, only about 1% of adverse events are reported". But, a) how do they know it is 1% in this context?; b) only the extremely poorly informed don't know of the Yellow card system - people who hardly glance at the information given to them alongside the vaccination itself, and mentioned time and again in almost every media outlet.

• Agree
  • :D
Reactions: flecc and POLLY

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
latest adverse reactions report from HM Govt
https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-vaccine-adverse-reactions/coronavirus-vaccine-summary-of-yellow-card-reporting#annex-1-vaccine-analysis-print

And a rather critical view from a fringe publication
https://dailyexpose.co.uk/2021/03/27/terrifying-8th-update-on-adverse-reactions-to-covid-vaccines-released-by-uk-government/

My side effects are
Stiff arm at injection site
Headache
Feeling tired
Aching joints in both legs and calf muscles
Metallic taste in the mouth.
feeling "giddy" at times (could be my normal state some would say :cool: )
Not serious enough to bother reporting, but still here after 3.5 days.
My wife does not seem to be suffering any new sensations over the ones she normally reports....repeatedly!
My side effects were a strange feeling that I was falling - even when seated. Very slight. Probably what you refer to as "giddy". A mild headache which a couple of paracetamol resolved. (So mild, I wouldn't have worried if there hadn't been any lying around.) And, a week or so later, a very slight discomfort in my arm - having not felt anything until then. All well within the parameters of "normal" reactions.

Last edited:

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
Actually finished and filled NOT manufactured, with all the associated problems with supply chains we have now.
Precisely what Wockhardt have been doing for AV at Wrecsam.

Perhaps we should refuse to export any to England...? :)

Clearly the Johnson remark is knowing - totally aware of the resonance of BC.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
The DailyExpose says:

Not at all clear about that statement. Might be true had they said "historically, only about 1% of adverse events are reported". But, a) how do they know it is 1% in this context?; b) only the extremely poorly informed don't know of the Yellow card system - people who hardly glance at the information given to them alongside the vaccination itself, and mentioned time and again in almost every media outlet.
But how many, like myself can't be arsed to go to the trouble of reporting something something that isn't requiring medical intervention?

• Agree
Reactions: oyster and flecc

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
But how many, like myself can't be arsed to go to the trouble of reporting something something that isn't requiring medical intervention?
I have reported issues with medicines - tablets that crumbled. And would have reported any surprise reactions to vaccination even if not serious.

It doesn't take much effort.

Reactions: oldgroaner

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
I have reported issues with medicines - tablets that crumbled. And would have reported any surprise reactions to vaccination even if not serious.

It doesn't take much effort.
As I understand it you are in that business... It makes a difference.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
It's been a record Spaffing year since Brexit

World's most profitable investment is a backhander to the Tory party, or representatives thereof

• Agree
  • Informative
Reactions: oyster and flecc

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
Another Sunny Uplands instalment:

Britons in France could lose driving licences due to post-Brexit impasse
Thousands face not having a valid permit after lack of deal between UK and France and flood of applications
Thousands of British citizens in France have been left without a valid driving licence, or face losing theirs within months, because of bureaucratic overload and the failure of the two countries’ governments to sign a post-Brexit reciprocal agreement.
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/mar/30/britons-in-france-could-lose-driving-licences-due-to-post-brexit-impasse

• Informative
Reactions: Nev and oldgroaner

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
Another Sunny Uplands instalment:

Britons in France could lose driving licences due to post-Brexit impasse
Thousands face not having a valid permit after lack of deal between UK and France and flood of applications
Thousands of British citizens in France have been left without a valid driving licence, or face losing theirs within months, because of bureaucratic overload and the failure of the two countries’ governments to sign a post-Brexit reciprocal agreement.
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/mar/30/britons-in-france-could-lose-driving-licences-due-to-post-brexit-impasse
This story has particular resonance for me... I was looking at my Irish driving licence on Saturday Night last, to realise that it expired on Sunday night... The day before my 70th. . Now due to Covid all driving licences are automatically extended , up wards perhaps for either 13 months or 3 months .. That bit is confusing, because medical clearance is also listed. ,And one of the conditions is not to apply before 6 weeks of the expiry date, or 3 months after ..if later the test must be retaken. Now even if I were to have the fortune to get to France, will a Gendearme on traffic duty recognise that the a small EU state has extended its licences ...

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
This story has particular resonance for me... I was looking at my Irish driving licence on Saturday Night last, to realise that it expired on Sunday night... The day before my 70th. . Now due to Covid all driving licences are automatically extended , up wards perhaps for either 13 months or 3 months .. That bit is confusing, because medical clearance is also listed. ,And one of the conditions is not to apply before 6 weeks of the expiry date, or 3 months after ..if later the test must be retaken. Now even if I were to have the fortune to get to France, will a Gendearme on traffic duty recognise that the a small EU state has extended its licences ...
In practical terms, I think I would print out the information - ensuring you include all the official bits like logos - and take that with me.

Mind, would a UK police person recognise that extension if you popped up north? Sure, they are more likely to have come across the issue before. But...

Last edited:

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
In practical terms, I think I would print pout the information - ensuring you include all the official bits like logos - and take that with me.

Mind, would a UK police person recognise that extension if you popped up north? Sure, they are more likely to have come across the issue before. But...
Well the PSNI would be sharp enough, and even mainland UK would pick it up, and it would be easy to explain. It gets harder when dealing with French Officialdom.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
How do you spend so much on cheap masks?

Jo Maugham@JolyonMaugham
·The contract is for 20m FFP3 facemasks. They have tried to redact the unit price but they haven't done a very good job so you can see we paid a per unit price of £5.13 (and we picked up the shipping all the way from Jinua City).

But what you can see is that the per unit price for FFP3 masks being paid was about 90p. So you would expect to be able to buy 20m for £18m (or less) rather than the £102.6m Government paid for them (under this contract it unlawfully failed to publish for over eight months).

Now the contract was entered into - without any tendering process - on 4 July. That was long after the peak of the first wave (indeed, coincidentally, it was the day lockdown restrictions were lifted).

• Informative
Reactions: oyster

Jesus H Christ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 31, 2020
The Clown Show in Europe continues as Germany partiality suspends use of the Oxford vaccine due to a potential threat which is far far smaller than the disease it protects against. :D

They are now turning to Russia for help:D Well at least the Russian vaccine doesn’t contain the word Oxford, so that will make it much more acceptable to the UGP and the snide, oily, treacherous French pigmy:D

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
The Brexit fans on Twitter seem to believe that only the EU are not happy with the AZ vaccine as that suits their political agenda
The reality is this

Advertisers