Brexit, for once some facts.

Nev

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 1, 2018
North Wales
Thank you for confirming what I've long been suspecting, Zlatan and Suzan are one and the same person.
I had noticed a while back that Zlatan and Suzan had similar writing habits. Zlatan will often use a comma instead of using an apostrophe so he will type I,ve instead of I've, Suzan did the same thing.
Zlatan will start a new line when beginning a new paragraph but will not leave a space, Suzan does the same thing.

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
If I was your GP I would have thrown you out of a first floor surgery window you ridiculous man. What an absolutely stupid question to be asking in the middle of a pandemic.

Take the Oxford vaccine and think yourself lucky you aren’t living on the continent.
.. absolutely where the AZ is in very short supply

Nev

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 1, 2018
North Wales
The thing that worries me is why UK only found two. Perhaps we don't want to know.
Take a look at that BBC article I posted earlier today, it gives a couple of reasons why there has been a difference.
1. Sometimes you can get random clusters of numbers that appear to show a pattern but none actually exist.
2. We have mainly given the vaccine to people in the age range 50 and above. Germany have been giving it in the age range below 55. When we start to vaccinate people in the 20 to 50 range we may also see a slight increase in the number of people with clots.

Even if we do however, I still think it's safer to have the AZ vaccine rather than run the risk of catching covid and having no idea how one might react to that.

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
1 in 1500 is inconsequential since the range of things that can and do end the life of over 70s is so vast that an added one scarcely counts.

Avoiding a known possibility if one can, however miniscule the risk is, is still a sensible and rational action.
.. especially if one is still on the contraceptive pill?. I don't know whether congratulations or awe is appropriate, but since some of our right wing contributors are gender fluid, who know?.

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
Like Suzan mentioned, that's now happened 3 times. Was mid argument with Woosh 2 weeks ago and swapped.. (later deleted so you won't find it flecc)
To be fair you realised a while ago.. OG and Agnew had no idea...
..and I for another couldn't give a ......???. It is the content I respect not the container.

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
..and I for another couldn't give a ......???. It is the content I respect not the container.
Yep, your replies have been consistent, generally wrong, but same in character to either ID... Whereas some were completely different...???

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
One downside of the Pfizer in UK is that there seems to be a pretty extended delay for the second jab.
We rushed into injecting as many as possible with Pfizer first doses, using almost all before the end of February, while knowing that our next delivery from Pfizer was scheduled for April. With inevitable consequences.

Things don't seem to be much better with AZ in my area though. I'm now at 9 weeks since my first jab and two friends also in their 80s are at 11 weeks and also waiting to hear of their appointment for the second. Meanwhile the district health centre is still giving AZ first jabs.

Last edited:
  • :D
Reactions: POLLY

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Like Suzan mentioned, that's now happened 3 times. Was mid argument with Woosh 2 weeks ago and swapped.. (later deleted so you won't find it flecc)
To be fair you realised a while ago.. OG and Agnew had no idea...
As usual you are wrong

The reality was You had no idea that we knew Susan was fake, but which of the usual culprits to choose from?

I messaged Flecc

Mar 2, 2021

Oddly familiar style Don't you think?

The only question was
Which end of the pantomime horse?
:D

And really, are you reduced to impersonating people now?
All that resulted was an entity that sounded like a daft echo
Still welcome back
Always more fun when you are around

Last edited:

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
If I was your GP I would have thrown you out of a first floor surgery window you ridiculous man. What an absolutely stupid question to be asking in the middle of a pandemic.

Take the Oxford vaccine and think yourself lucky you aren’t living on the continent.
Where we robbed them of doses that we promised to deliver and instead, used on ourselves?

Hilarious

Jesus H Christ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 31, 2020
Excellent that the Commission for Race and Ethnic Disparities has said;

"Put simply we no longer see a Britain where the system is deliberately rigged against ethnic minorities," the commission says. It says racism is too often used as a "catch-all explanation" for disparities and impediments for people from minority groups.

This confirms my suspicion that BLAME, crawling about on knees and swinging from statues is an excuse and a cover for uncivilised behaviour.

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
this is more Brexit than some might be comfortable with. I am not the only Irish Leprechaun...

Fintan O'Toole
John le Carré was determined to remain a European citizen
JOHN LE CARRÉ WAS DETERMINED TO REMAIN A EUROPEAN CITIZEN
In a twist worthy of his great thrillers, John le Carré, the most English of contemporary novelists, “died an Irishman”. In a BBC documentary to be broadcast on Saturday, le Carré’s son Nicholas says his father, bitterly disillusioned by Brexit, embraced his Irish heritage and became an Irish citizen before his death last December.

Under his real name of David Cornwell, le Carré served as a British diplomat and, secretly, as a spy for the counter-intelligence agency MI5. The novels that made him famous, after his third thriller, The Spy Who Came in from the Cold in 1963, form a penetrating anatomy of Britain’s decline as a world power.

Le Carré’s best known character, the master spy George Smiley, hero of the trilogy of novels, Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy (1974), The Honourable Schoolboy (1977) and Smiley’s People (1979), is one of the archetypal English characters of 20th-century fiction. His quiet anguish, as he struggles with ideas of loyalty and morality, epitomises his country’s larger dilemmas.

Sense of alienation
But in the BBC Radio 4 documentary, A Writer and His Country, le Carré’s friend and neighbour, the writer and human rights lawyer Philippe Sands, charts his increasing unhappiness with England after the Iraq war of 2003. Brexit, which he deeply opposed, completed his sense of alienation. He was determined to remain a European citizen.Irish passport At the time of his death, le Carré’s friend, the novelist John Banville, confirmed that the English writer had researched his family roots in Inchinattin, near Rosscarbery, Co Cork and had applied for an Irish passport, to which he was entitled through his maternal grandmother, Olive Wolfe.

It was not known, however, that he had in fact completed the process of becoming an Irish citizen. His son Nicholas says “the Irish connection was very real and it mattered to him very much”. When the archivist who was helping him to research his roots in Skibbereen said “welcome home, it was vastly moving for him, a huge emotional shift, an awareness of history and self which had genuinely eluded him his whole life”.

Nicholas Cornwell recalls that “On his last birthday, I gave him an Irish flag, and so one of the last photographs I have of him is him sitting wrapped in an Irish flag, grinning his head off. He died an Irishman.”

Reactions: Woosh and flecc

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Excellent that the Commission for Race and Ethnic Disparities has said;

"Put simply we no longer see a Britain where the system is deliberately rigged against ethnic minorities," the commission says. It says racism is too often used as a "catch-all explanation" for disparities and impediments for people from minority groups.

This confirms my suspicion that BLAME, crawling about on knees and swinging from statues is an excuse and a cover for uncivilised behaviour.
Well it can't be used to excuse yours, can it?
Voting for the worst, most corrupt and literally lethal set of morons into power in this country.
Is the exact opposite of civilised behaviour :cool:

• :D
Reactions: Woosh

Advertisers