Brexit, for once some facts.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Should that " of" not be "in ".?.. Just asking for a shop stewart.
I think OG's:

"The ought to being in a law against sodomy of Union Jacks! "

Was meant to be:

"They ought to bring in a law against sodomy of Union Jacks! "

Before auto-correction, spell checking and fingers tripping over each other intervened.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I remember that he said that he would like that to happen. As far as I remember no law was passed, so it is not a requirement.
Nor likely to ever be, considering the civil disturbances in Northern Ireland when attempts were made to dictate what flags could and couldn't be flown.

Flags can be a very hot topic.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Can you imagine what Boris will be like when he retires I suspect it will make what Cameron has been up to seem extremely tame in comparison.
Most ex PMs make money giving talks to paying guests.

Somehow I can't see too many paying money to listen to Boris's disjointed ramblings and stuttering, unless of course he does it as a stand-up routine at the Apollo Theatre.

POLLY

Pedelecer
Aug 10, 2016
Chesterfield
100% bull crap
Over last couple of weeks I seem to have been central to a mini outbreak. I know of 6 people (no contact with them) who have had positive tests. (3 family, 3 friends). All coping well with relatively mild symptoms but worrying aspect is not a single one of them had been contacted by T & T prior to symptoms???

• :D
Reactions: wheeler

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
Making the credid balance in the offshore bank accounts of the usual suspects bigger?
Yep, more than likely..
You can't put somebody in charge of such an important resource with a name like Dildo Hardening and expect good results can you...
I do think it's one of reasons we should be applauding the vaccine roll out, just to show we can recognise good efforts in a deep sea of shallow mediocrity.
Thank goodness for Kate Bingham... And her normal name.

• Disagree
Reactions: oldgroaner

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Thank goodness for Kate Bingham... And her normal name.
Her "normal" name is The Hon. Catherine Elizabeth Bingham (formally styled The Hon. Mrs Norman.

in November, The Times reported that Bingham had "insisted" on employing her own team of eight PR consultants at the equivalent of £167,000 per annum each. One government source was reported as saying that the consultants had helped her prepare for interviews, assisted with press statements and set up an official government podcast.

At over £1.3 million per annum to help her prepare for interviews she seems much the same as the rest of the mickey taking mob to me.

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
Her "normal" name is The Hon. Catherine Elizabeth Bingham (formally styled The Hon. Mrs Norman.

in November, The Times reported that Bingham had "insisted" on employing her own team of eight PR consultants at the equivalent of £167,000 per annum each. One government source was reported as saying that the consultants had helped her prepare for interviews, assisted with press statements and set up an official government podcast.

At over £1.3 million per annum to help her prepare for interviews she seems much the same as the rest of the mickey taking mob to me.
Yep, but at least we have something to show for it..
Dido Harding appears to have made an ineffective quango. T and T seems ineffective.
"A statement regarding Kate Bingham and the Vaccine Taskforce - GOV.UK" https://www.gov.uk/government/news/a-statement-regarding-kate-bingham-and-the-vaccine-taskforce
Had other organisations been as successful as the one led by Kate Bingham I suspect many countries would not be in the mess they currently find themselves.
Contrast that with BMJ report on Tand T and its 15 billion pound expenditure. "Martin McKee: "NHS" Test and Trace under fire—a system flawed by design - The BMJ" https://blogs.bmj.com/bmj/2020/12/11/martin-mckee-nhs-test-and-trace-under-fire-a-system-flawed-by-design/

Makes £600,000 spent on preparing for interviews good value.
I believe they are both leaving, infact may have already done so.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: flecc

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Yep, but at least we have something to show for it..
Dido Harding appears to have made an ineffective quango. T and T seems ineffective.
"A statement regarding Kate Bingham and the Vaccine Taskforce - GOV.UK" https://www.gov.uk/government/news/a-statement-regarding-kate-bingham-and-the-vaccine-taskforce
Had other organisations been as successful as the one led by Kate Bingham I suspect many countries would not be in the mess they currently find themselves.
Agreed, at least she's done her job well, more than many of them.

Just a pity that she had to fall into the high expenses trap that always seems to tempt them, and for totally unnecessary PR when her excellent job performance was all the PR she ever needed. Maybe she learnt the expenses trick from her far right Tory MP husband, Baron Jesse Norman who harks right back the the elite of the Norman Conquest, so one of JHC's backstabbers.

Reactions: Zlatan

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016

Just a pity that she had to fall into the high expenses trap that always seems to tempt them, and for totally unnecessary PR when her excellent job performance was all the PR she ever needed. Maybe she learnt the expenses trick from her far right Tory MP husband, Baron Jesse Norman who harks right back the the elite of the Norman Conquest, so one of JHC's backstabbers.
I noticed a few days ago Sarah Gilbert was in line for a £17million pound windfall, she is another who has done her job well but I, d bet not many get that type of reward for doing so... But that's capitalism..
After all its likely we see first million pound a week footballer wage in near future.. and that's on top of any transfer benefits.
Who should be earning most.. Haaland or Gilbert???

• Informative
Reactions: oldgroaner

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I noticed a few days ago Sarah Gilbert was in line for a £17million pound windfall, she is another who has done her job well but I, d bet not many get that type of reward for doing so... But that's capitalism..
After all its likely we see first million pound a week footballer wage in near future.. and that's on top of any transfer benefits.
The question isn't who, it's how the money is gained.

Such rewards from taxation of others are unacceptable.

Reactions: Zlatan

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
The question isn't who, it's how the money is gained.

Such rewards from taxation of others are unacceptable.
I remember coming up with the idea that no-one should receive from the government more than the average income of the population. OK - so I was something like ten years old at the time. Obviously a communistic upbringing. :) It would certainly see quite a lot of people get a huge reduction in their pay packets!

(I think average full time pay is around £40,000.)

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015

I have a question
According to NHS figures the local Md's and Pharmacies injected the following patients with Flu vaccine

Apart for the need for good PR, why wasn't the Covid vaccination handled in the same way by the NHS and Pharmacies ?
Why did it need a task force and a dodgy member of the Elite plus an army of consultants and hangers on paid megabucks to get a simple job done?
As to doing her job well, how does that work out when she needed so many ridiculously highly paid advisers.
Did she actually have anything left to do herself?
Why was so much money spent on amateurs and their overpaid consultants and advisers ,when the NHS have done this sort of thing efficiently for years?

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: jonathan.agnew

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Neither

Advertisers