Brexit, for once some facts.

Jesus H Christ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 31, 2020
I’ve just been reading about our thirty four thousand million pound test & trace system. The one being run by a jockey. Despite shovelling most of the thirty four thousand million pounds into the pockets of the directors of private companies, they have also managed to lose six hundred million tests!

But of course, this news will be overtaken by the next catastrophe within a few days.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Top Fake news from the Sun
"Just this week, the Queen was overheard describing the exhausted minister as a “poor man” but still “full of promise”.

Perhaps he's showed his promises once too often on the premises? :cool:

• Informative
Reactions: oyster

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
Top Fake news from the Sun
"Just this week, the Queen was overheard describing the exhausted minister as a “poor man” but still “full of promise”.

Perhaps he's showed his promises once too often on the premises? :cool:
The question now, though, is would you kiss Hancock? Thought not, so why photos of Gina doing so? Only a head of marketing at Oliver Bonas ( a lifestyle retailer).

• Informative
Reactions: Nev

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
6,000 police were drafted in to Cornwall (as well as military and people from the rest of the world). Covid rates have risen very considerably.

It is madness not to have prioritised police for vaccination - for the sake of all of us.

I know that, by now, rates of vaccination among police might be quite high, but should have been put higher up the list because of their unavoidable contacts with people and when moved around, they can clearly act as vectors for transmission.

Last edited:

Nev

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 1, 2018
North Wales
My wife was talking to a GP on the phone today, he was feeling unwell and is self isolating with Covid. The GP had both vaccine jabs probably over 6 months ago now. I wonder if the vaccine effectiveness is starting to wear off, or is the Delta variant finding it easier to over come the vaccines?

I know someone else currently in intensive care with Covid, he had one vaccine jab and was shortly due to get the second jab but he caught the new delta variant. He has had an operation to relieve a blood clot in his leg but he has multiple clots in his lungs. He is responding well to treatment and it looks as though he got into hospital just in time.

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
Last edited:

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
My wife was talking to a GP on the phone today, he was feeling unwell and is self isolating with Covid. The GP had both vaccine jabs probably over 6 months ago now. I wonder if the vaccine effectiveness is starting to wear off, or is the Delta variant finding it easier to over come the vaccines?

I know someone else currently in intensive care with Covid, he had one vaccine jab and was shortly due to get the second jab but he caught the new delta variant. He has had an operation to relieve a blood clot in his leg but he has multiple clots in his lungs. He is responding well to treatment and it looks as though he got into hospital just in time.
Although there have been mutterings, any booster campaign has been kept pretty quiet.

One issue that was identified early on was that if you use a virus, such as adenovirus, as a sort of carrier, then repeated vaccination might cause problems. Each one raising the lieklihood of the recipeint having a reaction to the carrier (let alone the issues any vaccine can cause). That would make a booster from AstraZeneca using the same base virus as the current product a questionable approach.

POLLY

Pedelecer
Aug 10, 2016
Chesterfield
Did you see the test and trace fiasco number 4234?

Almost 600 out of 691 tests have been given out but no-one knows what happened to them. Results never registered - if they have even been used. That is, of course, in millions.
The pandemic is a 100% hoax. Delta variant is total
B.S

• :D
Reactions: wheeler

POLLY

Pedelecer
Aug 10, 2016
Chesterfield
It doesn't take a genius to work out people are liable to get a result they didn't want and bin the test rather than suffer the inconvenience of self isolation.
This could probably be used as a sort of poll as to how many more cases there are around in general circulation!
After all there must be a proportion who only collected the test because they felt they had Covid, plus of course those who can't refuse a freebie then dare not use it!
B.S

POLLY

Pedelecer
Aug 10, 2016
Chesterfield
Although there have been mutterings, any booster campaign has been kept pretty quiet.

One issue that was identified early on was that if you use a virus, such as adenovirus, as a sort of carrier, then repeated vaccination might cause problems. Each one raising the lieklihood of the recipeint having a reaction to the carrier (let alone the issues any vaccine can cause). That would make a booster from AstraZeneca using the same base virus as the current product a questionable approach.
B.S

POLLY

Pedelecer
Aug 10, 2016
Chesterfield
I suspect the biggest single factor among those who have actually used them is a negative result - no obvious reason, from the individual's point of view, to do anything.

It is staggering that this is ten tests per person that have been issued before someone noticed the low rate of reporting. Rather, before it somehow leaked out...
B.S

Nev

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 1, 2018
North Wales
On the lunch time news they said that around 20% of recent Hospital Covid admissions had one jab and more worryingly 20% of the admissions had both jabs. The numbers are still very small (lets hope they stay that way) but what is not clear is the following.

None of the vaccines are 100% effective so as infection rates rise we would expect to see some double jabbed people still end up in hospital. So is that what is happening, or are we seeing double jabbed people in Hospital because they had their vaccine around 6 or more months ago, and they are no longer effective against the new delta variant?

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
Guardian has a headline about being weeks away from gaps on shelves due to lack of lorry drivers.

Afraid my experience over the last two weeks or so is that we are already seeing gaps. In Tesco a few days ago, a vegtable aisle was almost exactly half empty. That is, they had turned all the green crates upside down along half of it - and the rest didn't appear to be particularly well filled. White cabbage unobtainable in any supermarket. Lettuce short. Celery variable.

POLLY

Pedelecer
Aug 10, 2016
Chesterfield
On the lunch time news they said that around 20% of recent Hospital Covid admissions had one jab and more worryingly 20% of the admissions had both jabs. The numbers are still very small (lets hope they stay that way) but what is not clear is the following.

None of the vaccines are 100% effective so as infection rates rise we would expect to see some double jabbed people still end up in hospital. So is that what is happening, or are we seeing double jabbed people in Hospital because they had their vaccine around 6 or more months ago, and they are no longer effective against the new delta variant?
B.S

Nev

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 1, 2018
North Wales
Guardian has a headline about being weeks away from gaps on shelves due to lack of lorry drivers.

Afraid my experience over the last two weeks or so is that we are already seeing gaps. In Tesco a few days ago, a vegtable aisle was almost exactly half empty. That is, they had turned all the green crates upside down along half of it - and the rest didn't appear to be particularly well filled. White cabbage unobtainable in any supermarket. Lettuce short. Celery variable.
I too have been noticing this for a while now, there was something on the TV the other day about how difficult it was since Brexit to get EU drivers to work over here. Many driving company employers said they were at least 10% short of their normal number of drivers and some said they had even less.

Jesus H Christ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 31, 2020
I’ve just been reading about our thirty four thousand million pound test & trace system. The one being run by a jockey. Despite shovelling most of the thirty four thousand million pounds into the pockets of the directors of private companies, they have also managed to lose six hundred million tests!

But of course, this news will be overtaken by the next catastrophe within a few days.
We didn’t need to wait very long for the test & trace debacle to be overtaken by events. Along comes Matt Handcock and his wayward penis to steal all the attention. And this too will be overshadowed by something else by this time next week.

Boris Johnson won’t do the right thing and sack Handcock, because he can’t. Whatever anyone does, Johnson has done it to a greater extent and more frequently. Therefore, he had no basis on which to discipline his cabinet members. They can simply point to Johnson having done exactly the same thing multiple times over, and survived. It’s depressing.

Advertisers