Brexit, for once some facts.

jonathan.agnew

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 27, 2018
Restaurant service charges are a percentage of the bill so impossible to apply before the meal has been completed with all courses requested.
While you grateful groupthinking deferential bunch debate tipping I note covid deaths are above 170 today, well before autumn and a return to informal lockdown (Cornwall etc). Not that I want to pierce your happy backslapping bubbles
Research show vaccine protection waning (both pfizer and az by about 10% and predicted to go down to 50% by winter - bbc)

Last edited:

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
While you grateful groupthinking deferential bunch debate tipping I note covid deaths are above 170 today, well before autumn and a return to informal lockdown (Cornwall etc). Not that I want to pierce your happy backslapping bubbles
And shops shouting "Back to School" sounding more like a threat than a promise.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Research show vaccine protection waning (both pfizer and az by about 10% and predicted to go down to 50% by winter - bbc)
Who are the members of this grateful groupthinking bunch?
Who was the one warning what would most likely happen?

• Agree
Reactions: jonathan.agnew

Jesus H Christ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 31, 2020
It’s only affecting the weak and feeble, they deserve it for being weak and feeble. They should get stronger like the rest of us and stop using the NHS that I’m paying for. The selfish, uncharitable bastards!

Last edited:

Jesus H Christ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 31, 2020
Have you been following the build-up to the Tokyo Paralympics? The entire Russian wheelchair relay team has been sent home. All have tested positive for WD40.

Last edited:

Jesus H Christ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 31, 2020
Who are the members of this grateful groupthinking bunch?
Who was the one warning what would most likely happen?
It’s very strange and follows no logical pattern. After the abandonment of all restrictions and the rather childishly named, “freedom day” infection rates have gone down, but are now starting to rise again.

A professor of extreme cleverness said the infection rate will now follow an almost sinusoidal pattern due to the Injun Variant being so infectious. It will tend to take hold in a particular area of the country, or group of people with something that links them and spread very rapidly. With it being so infectious, it quickly runs out of new victims, so the rate will then fall for a while.

The Euros, Wimbledon and a few horse gambling events were the drivers a couple of months ago. The surfing / pop concert / shag-fest in Cornwall seems to be driving the current surge. It might settle back, but the coming cold & more humid weather will be a big threat, particularly if “Boris Battles Boffins to save our Christmas” again. That’ll certainly do a few tens of thousands. It did last time.

Last edited:

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
It’s only affecting the weak and feeble, they deserve it for being weak and feeble. They should get stronger like the rest of us and stop using the NHS that I’m paying for. The selfish, uncharitable bastards!
Like the ones who implore us to do as they are doing and build-up immunity to Covid?

Must say, I can't see how individuals build-up immunity unless micro-exposure (well below the threshold for active infection) provokes immunity - eventually. Even then, how on earth do people know where they are on the continuum from non-immune (Covid naive) through sufficiently immune to not get ill?

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
“Boris Battles Boffins to save our Christmas”
Sounds like his big problem this time could be providing the turkey, pork, and everything else people expect to eat. (Don't forget the Whiskas, of course, for the felines.)

He was probably quite excited at the headline to a briefing note about Christmas - "elves stripped bare" - until someone point out "Supermarket sh".

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
  • Agree
Reactions: oldgroaner

Jesus H Christ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 31, 2020
Like the ones who implore us to do as they are doing and build-up immunity to Covid?

Must say, I can't see how individuals build-up immunity unless micro-exposure (well below the threshold for active infection) provokes immunity - eventually. Even then, how on earth do people know where they are on the continuum from non-immune (Covid naive) through sufficiently immune to not get ill?
Only the Chinese can answer that question. They are the ones who manufactured the virus, so they may have the sort of information you seek;)

flecc

Oct 25, 2006

Survival immunity. As with any pandemic, some survive however bad it is, so can continue the species.

• Agree
Reactions: Jesus H Christ

jonathan.agnew

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 27, 2018
Aaaah, herd immunity. The hands of God. ****, yeah, that will work. I dont think I'm ready to blindly genetically go to to toe with a rapidly mutating mers type virus. Perhaps the genetically intelligent thing to do is not to metaphorically be the rat gobbling up the strychnine laced nuts blindly hoping genetic selection will find a way?

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
It will work if they do it properly, in the way we treat foot and mouth disease and bovine TB.

Shoot all those who catch it and burn the bodies. That eliminates it.
Keep that quiet from Boris. Would be in next Tory manifesto.

• :D
Reactions: flecc

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
I, ve been wondering why Cataract waiting list has gone down from 8 months to 3 weeks in my area.... Wonder if its success of Tory policies.... Suppose in a way it is... Many on list have had one last appointment elsewhere??? Or refusing to go near hospitals?

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I, ve been wondering why Cataract waiting list has gone down from 8 months to 3 weeks in my area.... Wonder if its success of Tory policies.... Suppose in a way it is... Many on list have had one last appointment elsewhere??? Or refusing to go near hospitals?
The private sector offer more advanced and advantageous treatments at prices many can afford, so many go that way for cataract surgery, as I did for both eyes. At under £5000 the benefit was well worth it to me.

Advertisers