Brexit, for once some facts.

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
I see Eustice has suggested the whole Owen Paterson affair is a storm in a teacup.

Even if it could be argued that it has been overblown, that is an utterly inept way of trying to get over it and move forward.

• Agree
Reactions: flecc

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
Somewhat ironic that there has just been much discussion about the intelligence, organisation and sheer ability to produce goods of the Germans in the 1940s.

A huge contrast to the tories of today in the UK.
They need to switch from cocaine to amphetamines - it may mean the difference between actually conquering the world, and merely hallucinating that you could. (I have no experience of either drug, by the way... too expensive for my student budget).

• :D
Reactions: oyster

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
I see Eustice has suggested the whole Owen Paterson affair is a storm in a teacup.

Even if it could be argued that it has been overblown, that is an utterly inept way of trying to get over it and move forward.
It'd have to be big but: I wonder what they could concoct to distract everyone's attention away from this with? From what I've read, an appeal would have been a complete waste of time. He's had his right to reply (which was sparse and would have played better accomanied by violins, and perhaps a rude sax blast at certain moments). That should be all.

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
It'd have to be big but: I wonder what they could concoct to distract everyone's attention away from this with? From what I've read, an appeal would have been a complete waste of time. He's had his right to reply (which was sparse and would have played better accomanied by violins, and perhaps a sax at certain moments), that should be all.
A story about various public appointments made by minsters being rejected by various watchdogs. Very much a Florida man tactic.

Reactions: guerney

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
A story about various public appointments made by minsters being rejected by various watchdogs. Very much a Florida man tactic.
I suppose anything in theory could do it - they'd all have to stay on message, repeating the same damn thing at interviews, no matter what question was asked, as usual.

Last edited:

jonathan.agnew

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 27, 2018
It'd have to be big but: I wonder what they could concoct to distract everyone's attention away from this with? From what I've read, an appeal would have been a complete waste of time. He's had his right to reply (which was sparse and would have played better accomanied by violins, and perhaps a rude sax blast at certain moments). That should be all.
Well I imagine liz must be demob happy? God knows, I'd be if I were her. They could ask her to give an unvarnished half an hour diatribe, her true feelings about megan, ginger's biological dad, Charles's brother's unsavoury friends. That kind of thing. With lots of effing and blinding. Impromptu on live Mike somewhere outside a crowded horse race?

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Well I imagine liz must be demob happy? God knows, I'd be if I were her. They could ask her to give an unvarnished half an hour diatribe, her true feelings about megan, ginger's biological dad, Charles's brother's unsavoury friends. That kind of thing. With lots of effing and blinding. Impromptu on live Mike somewhere outside a crowded horse race?
Or perchance bestow a posthumous lordship on Johnson today? :oops:

• :D

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
That's our experience here in England too.

Nationally with very high vaccination rates, 90% first, 80% second plus 16% boosters, yet over 400 per 100k infected.

London boroughs with vaccination rates often barely over 50%, yet with infection rates a third to a half that nationally. Death rates lower too.

There's no doubt having the "vaccines" as a medication offers good protection against the worst effects of the disease if caught, but as vaccines to prevent catching Covid they are proven to be very ineffective.

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021

Nationally with very high vaccination rates, 90% first, 80% second plus 16% boosters, yet over 400 per 100k infected.

London boroughs with vaccination rates often barely over 50%, yet with infection rates a third to a half that nationally.

There's no doubt having the "vaccines" as a medication offers good protection against the worst effects of the disease if caught, but as vaccines to prevent catching Covid they are proven to be very ineffective.
Preventing my own death is vitally important, so I'll be getting the booster... My fridge could catch fire, I could be forced out of my safe coccon and have to wait outside while the flames engulfing my house are doused, but get hypothermia+pneumonia and have to be treated at hospital... which is the second most popular place to get Covidiationated (after supermarkets): Life thwarts plan.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Preventing my own death is vitally important, so I'll be getting the booster... My fridge could catch fire, I could be forced out of my safe coccon and have to wait outside while the flames engulfing my house are doused, but get hypothermia+pneumonia and have to be treated at hospital... which is the second most popular place to get Covidiationated (after supermarkets): Life thwarts plan.
Yes, as I posted, well worth having as a sensible precaution. I just wish I could get the booster and the 'flu vaccine without the big increase in accompanying risks on offer at present. In some ways akin to a hospital admission.

However I think your disaster scenario is a bit fanciful with huge odds against all of it happening. Fires happen to other people.

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland

London boroughs with vaccination rates often barely over 50%, yet with infection rates a third to a half that nationally. Death rates lower too.

I disagree, the They provide at least 40 times the protection. What is happening is that in comparison to the early infections the virus is much more virulent,and people are becoming punch drunk and providing multiple opportunities for infection. We really have no idea how many infection opportunities the vaccines have thwarted before an infection takes hold.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I disagree, the They provide at least 40 times the protection. What is happening is that in comparison to the early infections the virus is much more virulent,and people are becoming punch drunk and providing multiple opportunities for infection.
But Londoners with their highest population density in the country and lowest vaccination rates aren't?

Come on Danidl, start looking at the facts instead of the theory and wishful thinking.

40 times is utter rubbish, prior infection gives at least equal protection, possibly, even probably, longer lasting too.

• Agree
Reactions: GLJoe

Advertisers