soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
DSC_0192-1-4.jpg

:cool:

Jesus H Christ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 31, 2020

Welcome back POLLY after your extended two and a half month absence.

How was it in the ICU?
I‘ve been absent for a while. Not covid, more to do with a lack of time

Is it your suspicion that Chesterfield Polly has been hospitalised by a 100% fake, BS disease? Is he dead? I hope not, but quite a few like him are now dead. Boris Johnson nearly joined them.

I can‘t help but find it slightly hilarious when this happens. Really, I should be feeling sorry that they have been victims of Soundwave‘s Facetube page, or similar garbage.

I hope Polly’s lungs aren’t fuckedup or he’s now suffering from Long 100% fake BS, like the Prime Minister. Why did he let people do this to him?

I’ve been to Chesterfield Royal Hospital, it has / had a good burns unit. I flew a bloke there who, during a domestic dispute, had covered himself in white spirit and threatened to ignite it. Long story short, the couple resolved their differences, so he had a cigarette to celebrate. Next stop, I landed him, with 80% burns, on a grassy area near the hospital car park. It was middle of the night and the car park lights were on tall pylons, which made it very tricky. Funny how events trigger these memories. There must be something in the water in Chesterfield.

Last edited:

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Is it your suspicion that Chesterfield Polly has been hospitalised by a 100% fake, BS disease? Is he dead? I hope not, but quite a few like him are now dead. Boris Johnson nearly joined them.
It was, so I posted about his long absence.

But he posted a Funny emogee to that, so it seems he's still around, despite the long absence.

In response I asked how he'd found it in the ICU, but he didn't respond so it seems I might have hit a sensitive issue.

• Agree
Reactions: Jesus H Christ

Jesus H Christ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 31, 2020
It was, so I posted about his long absence.

But he posted a Funny emogee to that, so it seems he's still around, despite the long absence.

In response I asked how he'd found it in the ICU, but he didn't respond so it seems I might have hit a sensitive issue.
He still walks amongst us then :D

• Agree
Reactions: flecc

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
You and flecc both operate on a flawed algorithm known in stats as the availability heuristic
Not so in my case, much more so in yours. I simply define things correctly:

The primary function of a vaccine is to prevent one catching a disease, not treating it.

The Covid vaccines fail in preventing catching the disease but do successfully treat it once caught.

That defines them as antigens, and these definitions are long standing.

You, like so many medical professionals, have allowed yourself to be persuaded by the "new speak" of the pharma companies and their government customers, all keen to persuade us that the Covid vaccines are far better than they really are.

That cannot be demonstrated:

Those who get themselves fully vaccinated are also most likely to mask and socially distance so are much less likely to contract the disease. I'm one of them.

The anti vaxxers who refuse the vaccines are the most likely to not mask or socially distance, so most likely to catch the disease and end up very ill.

That key difference makes it impossible to separately define the disease avoidance contribution of the vaccines. As Danidl has clearly explained with precise distancing statistics, social distancing is by far the most important factor of all. The vaccines could be making virtually no difference to the disease transmission and we'll never know.

Dealing now with the propaganda on ICU bed occupancy:

in London 29%, some 2.7 millions, have refused all the Covid vaccines. At the peak of 2021 capacity London had 1550 critical care beds of which 73% are occupied by Covid cases.

That means some 99.96% of those 2.7 million anti vaxxers have not needed a critical care bed. So much for all the trouble they are accused of causing.

I do think the 0.04% who have needed critical care are foolish and anti social when we know the vaccines are very effective antigens in preventing serious illness, but they are hardly a problem.

The problem is the immense scale of reduction in hospital bed availability of all kinds over many decades now, leaving us around the bottom of the world table in that provision.

As with so many problems we face in modern Britain, an entirely political one.

Last edited:

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Hey folks! Don't worry about storm Arwen, the stock market slumping, air transport to Africa stopped, avian flu, Jamie Oliver being unable to make toast, deaths in the Channel, sleaze, Johnson's mental capacity, Nadine Dorries' regrets, Madely leaving sleb out of here, the really important thing is that a period of 24 hours, four weeks hence isn't "under threat" or ruined.

Daily Express Front Page 27th of November 2021

The new COVID variant, designated a variant of concern on Friday by the WHO and named Omicron, is a “threat to Christmas”, according to the Daily Express.

Daily Mail Front Page 27th of November 2021

KEEP CALM & DON'T LET NEW COVID RUIN XMAS
I vote that we should vaccinate Christmas or does it have natural immunity? :cool:

Jesus H Christ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 31, 2020

The primary function of a vaccine is to prevent one catching a disease, not treating it.

The Covid vaccines fail in preventing catching the disease but do successfully treat it once caught.

You, like so many medical professionals, have allowed yourself to be persuaded by the "new speak" of the pharma companies and their government customers, all keen to persuade us that the Covid vaccines are far better than they really are.

Those who get themselves fully vaccinated are also most likely to mask and socially distance so are much less likely to contract the disease. I'm one of them.

The anti vaxxers who refuse the vaccines are the most likely to not mask or socially distance, so most likely to catch the disease and end up very ill.

That key difference makes it impossible to separately define the disease avoidance contribution of the vaccines. As Danidl has clearly explained with precise distancing statistics, social distancing is by far the most important factor of all. The vaccines could be making virtually no difference to the disease transmission and we'll never know.

in London 29%, some 2.7 millions, have refused all the Covid vaccines. At the peak of 2021 capacity London had 1550 critical care beds of which 73% are occupied by Covid cases.

That means some 99.96% of those 2.7 million anti vaxxers have not needed a critical care bed. So much for all the trouble they are accused of causing.

I do think the 0.04% who have needed critical care are foolish and anti social when we know the vaccines are very effective antigens in preventing serious illness, but they are hardly a problem.

The problem is the immense scale of reduction in hospital bed availability of all kinds over many decades now, leaving us around the bottom of the world table in that provision.

As with so many problems we face in modern Britain, and entirely political one.
That’s true regarding “vaccine “. The Polio vaccine is probably worthy of the title. You don’t get lots of Polio transmission and people ending up a little bit crippled or a little bit in an iron lung. It tends to stop Polio. The Covid vaccines aren’t as effective, but they can stop you becoming more poorly than you may have done without it. Whatever you want to term it, get yourself injected!

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
That’s true regarding “vaccine “. The Polio vaccine is probably worthy of the title. You don’t get lots of Polio transmission and people ending up a little bit crippled or a little bit in an iron lung. It tends to stop Polio. The Covid vaccines aren’t as effective, but they can stop you becoming more poorly than you may have done without it. Whatever you want to term it, get yourself injected!
Agreed, that is why I include that advice virtually every time I post on this subject.

And as I've posted just above, I consider those who don't to be foolish and anti-social.

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
I wonder if folk electing not be be vaccinated should be encouraged to NOT opt into any NHS treatment, especially with regards to covid treatments..???
Noticed today, Bayern Munich footballers told to isolate after refusing vaccine won't be paid during isolation. Seems fair to me. Suspect other clubs will follow and all those unvaccinated footballers will be queuing up for the jab.

Last edited:

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
Over time, it's normal for viruses which have jumped species, to eventually adapt to co-exist without killing the host. It's increasing it's odds of favorable random mutations to make that happen, by increasing it's numbers and becoming more infectious. I hope this process only takes about a decade or so, as other coronaviruses have, without us having to sprout wings and sleep hanging upside down:

Link:

Last edited:
  • Agree

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland

As with so many problems we face in modern Britain, an entirely political one.
The function of a vaccine is to generate antibodies in advance of a disease . The fundamental point is that the vaccine does not in itself treat .it . They prime the immune system ,which then does the business. It is great if they succeed in stopping the infection at the front door, but that is not a measure of their efficacy. Some weeks ago you listed a number of successful vaccines .. the MMR etc, well if you look very closely at their efficacy, they are typically lower in performance than current Covid vaccines . But they are supressing their infection much better because the general incidence of infection in the community is now much lower.
Antibiotics on the other hand attack pathogens and so do antivirals , but the majority of other drugs just make the local biological environment less pleasant for the pathogen ,so that the competition has a better chance of outcompeting them.
The vaccines are definitely not antigens. What they do is instruct the cells to manufacture antigens. In the case of an acute infection ..or the probability of it , a doctor might go for dual therapy. .. An injection of IIg immunoglobulin of the specific antigen to tackle the immediate situation, and simultaneously a vaccine , to protect into the future.

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
You might like to revise your opinion of vaccines, considering that the Polio vaccine was LESS effective than the current Covid vaccines. Fortunately the transmission rate of Polio was slower and people were more proactive in taking it.
Again and again the point needs to be made that the vaccines can only be considered as a part of the disease suppression strategy. Quarantine always works, . Using data from a year ago is helpful but not definitive when the problem has become 1200 times worse.
Reminder.. You have all seen the adds for the Domestos bleach and killing 99% of house hold germs, well with the reproduction rate if bacteria , it means they are all back in a few hours.

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
I hope you don't mind my making the following observation SW, but one characteristic I've noticed among people I've known who smoke that regularly, is that they repeat the same stories over and over again. For them, each retelling is as fresh as the first. Never mind "Couch lock", it's more like mind lock.

• Agree
Reactions: oldgroaner

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
Last edited:

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
i dont smoke it and use a vape totally different buzz to smoking it.. :p

S1030523_01.JPG

that thing is over ten years old and still blowing ;)

Reactions: guerney

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
You have all seen the adds for the Domestos bleach and killing 99% of house hold germs, well with the reproduction rate if bacteria , it means they are all back in a few hours.
You'll probably find that they really do kill 100% of household germs, but the advertising rules wouldn't allow that claim as there could be a germ, somewhere, which can survive.

This Original Thick Bleach kills 99.99% of bacteria and viruses, including Coronavirus SARS-CoV-2**, in just 60 seconds

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
i dont smoke it and use a vape totally different buzz to smoking it.. :p

View attachment 44861

that thing is over ten years old and still blowing ;)
...I rest my case. ;)

Advertisers