Brexit, for once some facts.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
I hope you don't mind my making the following observation SW, but one characteristic I've noticed among people I've known who smoke that regularly, is that they repeat the same stories over and over again. For them, each retelling is as fresh as the first. Never mind "Couch lock", it's more like mind lock.
Which is very much what happens to Dementia sufferers, a terrible thing to have happen to anyone.

AndyBike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 8, 2020
Im surprised you've left all the bud leaves on. There is a train of thought* that trimming them helps the plant put more effort into producing the buds better than wasting energy growing those small leaves.

*I remember reading about it in one of the Amsterdam articles on the subject of maximizing yield.

AndyBike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 8, 2020
Can you decode that for me?
POTM = Picture of the month
THC = Tetrahydrocannabinol
LOL = Laughs out loud

And I hardly think this is the place to be advertising its use.
Are you as vocal in the threads of the de-restriction of the legally set speed on ebikes ;)
I'm not having a pop at you mate, its all in humour. I see your point, but its part of the subject matter of a general chat area, where pretty much anything it fair.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
Im surprised you've left all the bud leaves on. There is a train of thought* that trimming them helps the plant put more effort into producing the buds better than wasting energy growing those small leaves.

*I remember reading about it in one of the Amsterdam articles on the subject of maximizing yield.
most of the bottoms had most small leaves removed as to get more light down there but i used a scuff box when it was all chopped down to get the thc of the leaf.

you dry the leaf then freeze it the run it in the scuff box its a drum with a filter round it to collect the thc and looks like fine green sand when finished.

potm

plant of the month ;)

now that stuff blows ur head off ;)

Last edited:

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
But flecc, that is exactly the same with any of the other vaccines as well. No vaccine guarantees immunity, they all have limitations.
CDC website...

The MMR is 97% effective against contracting Rubella

MMR vaccine is very safe and effective. The mumps component of the MMR vaccine is about 88% (range: 32-95%) effective when a person gets two doses; one dose is about 78% (range: 49%−92%) effective.

Other review...
"Measles: one dose of vaccine was 95% effective in preventing measles. Based on the data analysed in the review, the number of cases would fall from 7% in unvaccinated children to under 0.5% in children who receive one dose of the vaccine. After two doses, effectiveness was similar at around 96%.
Mumps: one dose of vaccine was 72% effective in preventing mumps. This rose to 86% after two doses. From data analysed in the review. the number of cases would fall from 7.4% in unvaccinated children to 1% in children were vaccinated with two doses. "
But all those are effective in preventing infection in the great majority of cases and their protections are very long lasting, often lifelong.

The Covid vaccines fall well short on both those counts, the high protection percentages quoted only for a very short period. Often two doses plus a booster so far says it all.

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
POTM = Picture of the month
THC = Tetrahydrocannabinol
LOL = Laughs out loud

Are you as vocal in the threads of the de-restriction of the legally set speed on ebikes ;)
I'm not having a pop at you mate, its all in humour. I see your point, but its part of the subject matter of a general chat area, where pretty much anything it fair.
Yes, I was actually. If you must use illegal bikes on road (and elsewhere) and partake in illegal usage and distribution of outlawed drugs then you must have a certain degree of brain tissue damage to advertise fact on an open forum.
Especially so with the bike issue, since it's highly likely illegal usage of untaxed, uninsured, unregistered motor bikes (which is exactly what derestricted ebikes are) will see the use of legal pedelecs stopped. (we are already seeing this, how are National Park officials capable of differentiating, they aren't, so they ban the lot. Thanks)
If you must smoke, grow, distribute weed keep it to yourself. Same applies to illegal motorbikes.
As I said this is not the place for either. Mate.

• Agree
Reactions: oldgroaner

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
how the vaccine has help to considerably cut the number of serious cases.
You don't know that, nobody does since it cannot be demonstrated:

Those who get themselves fully vaccinated are also most likely to mask and socially distance so are much less likely to contract the disease.

The anti vaxxers who refuse the vaccines are the most likely to not mask or socially distance, so most likely to catch the disease and end up very ill.

That key difference makes it impossible to separately define the disease avoidance contribution of the vaccines. As Danidl has clearly explained with precise distancing statistics, social distancing is by far the most important factor of all. The vaccines could be making virtually no difference to the disease transmission and we'll never know.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
Yes, I was actually. If you must use illegal bikes on road and partake in illegal usage and distribution of outlawed drugs then you must have a certain degree of brain tissue damage to advertise fact on an open forum.
Especially so with the bike issue, since it's highly likely illegal usage of untaxed, uninsured, unregistered motor bikes (which is exactly what derestricted ebikes are) will see the use of legal pedelec stopped. (we are already seeing this)
If you must smoke, grow, distribute weed keep it to yourself. Same applies to illegal motorbikes.
better phone plod then and report me pmsl

AndyBike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 8, 2020
now that stuff blows ur head off
Yeah that was my choice smoke when visiting the Dam.
better phone plod then and report me pmsl
You can be identified by that freckle on your arm :oops:
As I said this is not the place for either. Mate.
Well
MATE. I say it is. And while you say you're against such de restricted postings, you might have noticed theres a hell of a lot of them. So while you say you're against such actions, I would think you've accepted them because for the life of me I cant remember you having much of an input into those threads. So how about you stow the angel wings and just accept this one too.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
there are no moderators on this site anything goes in any thread if you dont like it then block me it is your only option. :p

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016

Well
MATE. I say it is. And while you say you're against such de restricted postings, you might have noticed theres a hell of a lot of them. So while you say you're against such actions, I would think you've accepted them because for the life of me I cant remember you having much of an input into those threads. So how about you stow the angel wings and just accept this one too.
We haven't got much choice have we.

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
there are no moderators on this site anything goes in any thread if you dont like it then block me it is your only option. :p
Agreed.. No point doing that. And, you miss the point entirely. Its nothing to do with me not wanting to see your bravado, it's you advertising fact I find quite silly. (both the uninsured, untaxed, unregistered motorbike you run and your cannabis production facility.. Its pretty daft publicising it SW)

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
my bike vids are on youtube as well mind :p and the cid guy liked my bike when they made a visit this year and even showed him the dongle and where to get one from lmfao ;)

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016

You can be identified by that freckle on your arm :oops:

Well
Derestricted postings? We, ve had a thread full of those.

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
my bike vids are on youtube as well mind :p and the cid guy liked my bike when they made a visit this year and even showed him the dongle and where to get one from lmfao ;)
So, why don't you take an advert out in paper to tell everyone, post on here, on YouTube and Facebook and then watch number of derestricted bikes grow until plod has to do something about it. That's a brilliant strategy SW. Great. Keep going, half way now.
If you are onto something good... A word of advice. Keep it to yourself. Otherwise everybody will want it... Then you are fecked. So when you are, don't come on here moaning.
Last thing any of us want is restrictions on any ebikes. You don't see that your actions, not so much using the bike, but posting about it must lead to harsher restrictions. Exactly same with the cannabis.

Last edited:

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
So, why don't you take an advert out in paper to tell everyone, post on here, on YouTube and Facebook and then watch number of derestricted bikes grow until plod has to do something about it. That's a brilliant strategy SW. Great. Keep going, half way now.
If you are onto something good... A word of advice. Keep it to yourself. Otherwise everybody will want it... Then you are fecked. So when you are, don't come on here moaning.
i have had my bike with a dongle for 7 years the first thing i did when i got it was to try to get plod to chase me and was not interested same as now.

if i want to vape weed ride my bike with a dongle it is my choice and given the shear amount of scooters on the roads the cats out the bag now lol.

the biggest haibike dealer in the uk sells and fits dongles to the bikes and will honor the motor warranty when no other dealer can do so.

so you can have a dongle and warranty and ktm bikes was pissed about this and kicked off big time as you could add the dongle on the same page as the bike like a dropper post.

all martin did was move the dongles to parts and spares.

GLJoe

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 21, 2017
UK
I have no idea of the new speak definition, but it appears to be the peak point of protection against acquiring the disease, certainly not a lasting one.

Prior to covid the definition was the lasting level of prevention from catching the disease, often whole life protection from one dose. Not the rapidly fading protection of the Covid vaccines requiring a booster every six months at least.
To clarify - I'm not referring to how the efficacy is fading over time, lets just pretend that's not happening for the moment for the sake of my question.

When they first announced the vaccines, and the news/government etc would come out with something like "The vaccines are 95% effective", or similar words - what exactly did that mean? How do they work it out? That's the question I'm asking.

e.g.
If a packet of sluggit or something says "reduces your slug population by 95%", then if I used to have 1000 slugs in the garden, I'd expect to have killed 950 of them if I used the sluggit, and so I'd have 50 left. I could then do a risk/benefit evaluation and try and decide if reducing the risk of my lettuces being eaten, is worth potentially killing some innocent wildlife.

If I read that you are 95% less likely to die in a 70mph car crash if you were wearing a seatbelt, Perhaps they had looked at car incident statistics, and found that it would be something like for every 200 car crashes where people weren't wearing seatbelts, 100 died, but for every 200 car crashes where they WERE wearing seatbelts, only 5 died. So they call that (100-5)=95 , therefore seatbelts are 95% effective.
(I'm making those figures up - but thinking of what I've written above in general principle, is that a sensible way of coming up with an efficacy figure? do they do it that way?)

I assume from the talk here, others here are a bit more clued up on this than I am and have looked into it in more depth.
So how do they calculate the Covid vaccine efficacy number? and what does "95% effective" actually mean??

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
i have had my bike with a dongle for 7 years the first thing i did when i got it was to try to get plod to chase me and was not interested same as now.

if i want to vape weed ride my bike with a dongle it is my choice and given the shear amount of scooters on the roads the cats out the bag now lol.

the biggest haibike dealer in the uk sells and fits dongles to the bikes and will honor the motor warranty when no other dealer can do so.

so you can have a dongle and warranty and ktm bikes was pissed about this and kicked off big time as you could add the dongle on the same page as the bike like a dropper post.

all martin did was move the dongles to parts and spares.

But the more we advertise and shout about it the more inevitable restrictions will be enforced. If there are a couple of thousand illegal ebike on road, nobody will care. When they all are they will stop it. And if they can't differentiate at parks and such the lot will be banned. And we are already seeing this.
Like, I said, if you want to ride about on a derestricted ebike, churning out 2k Watts... Absolutely fine. Do what you want, I don't care and its nobody else's business to stop you doing what you want. Enjoy it, but for goodness sake don't take the Michael. Keep stumm, stop advertising fact on here.
Firstly it prompts others to join you, bringing forward any enforcement of restrictions and secondly it challenges authority. It's poking them with a stick for no good reason.
Really, SW, its a matter of time before serious restrictions are enforced at cycle parks, national parks etc. There are already places banning all electric bikes, pedelec included.
Just stop shouting about the bikes.It's pointless, benefits nobody and could damage us all. If folk want derestricted/illegal bikes they aren't hard to find.

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
most of the bottoms had most small leaves removed as to get more light down there but i used a scuff box when it was all chopped down to get the thc of the leaf.

you dry the leaf then freeze it the run it in the scuff box its a drum with a filter round it to collect the thc and looks like fine green sand when finished.

potm

plant of the month ;)

View attachment 44869

now that stuff blows ur head off ;)

:oops: Blimey. Is that what people are using these days? Usually 1 in 10 end up in a mental ward (or prison) through cannabis use and it's mental mental effects, I bet it'll be more with that stuff! Is it 10X more expensive?

I bet it's popular in prison - I can see the advantages in terms of efficient storage space, up anuses... which would make your anus even more popular in prison.

SW even with my poor detective skills - from your public postings even I could turn up to be struck down by your samurai sword at your front door, within a week.

Last edited:

Advertisers