Brexit, for once some facts.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Of course, that is the path the money takes. But it is still something that needed doing.
Indeed, but I'd rather something effective if punishment was due.

For example, the Cabinet Secretary and his senior supervisors being subject to a Community Service sentence. Spending their Saturdays for the next three months wearing a community offender Hi Viz jacket picking up litter from the streets would certainly focus their minds on the greater need for diligence in their day jobs.

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
Indeed, but I'd rather something effective if punishment was due.

For example, the Cabinet Secretary and his senior supervisors being subject to a Community Service sentence. Spending their Saturdays for the next three months wearing a community offender Hi Viz jacket picking up litter from the streets would certainly focus their minds on the greater need for diligence in their day jobs.
The man in charge should accept responsibility and walk away from the job for which he is so clearly unsuited. If that lets him wear Hi Viz for the rest of his days, fine by me, despite my previous criticisms of his doing so. But please, not on television. I want to do my best to forget about him.

He is responsible for the Cabinet Secretary and everyone and everything else.

Reactions: flecc

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
The man in charge should accept responsibility and walk away from the job for which he is so clearly unsuited. If that lets him wear Hi Viz for the rest of his days, fine by me, despite my previous criticisms of his doing so. But please, not on television. I want to do my best to forget about him.

He is responsible for the Cabinet Secretary and everyone and everything else.
Agreed, if that is the case, but I'm always in favour of the actual villain(s) who committed the offence taking any punishment, rather than one ultimately responsible, which is tokenism.

I doubt Boris carries out any useful cabinet administrative function, work avoidance has always been his speciality.

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
This pandemic will last anywhere between 8 (-1) and 20 years. I expect many countries will become increasingly desperate to protect their economies through the enforcement of extreme measures upon the unvaccinated, and the longer this pandemic continues, possibly also upon the vulnerable. If the unvaccinated and partially vaccinated were actually herded into camps by some extreme government, that might in fact accelerate the evolution of the virus, to yield it's most harmless form? That last sentence is a bit Mengele.

Last edited:

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
"Those who have already had other variants of coronavirus do not appear to be protected against Omicron"
The full picture in South Africa will not become clear until "people get so sick that they need to go to hospital" which is generally "three, four weeks later," says Prof Salim Abdool Karim of the Africa Task Force for Coronavirus.
"But the feedback we're getting from the ground is that there's really no red flags - we're not seeing anything dramatically different, what we're seeing is what we are used to," he told the BBC's Newsday programme.

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
The full picture in South Africa will not become clear until "people get so sick that they need to go to hospital" which is generally "three, four weeks later," says Prof Salim Abdool Karim of the Africa Task Force for Coronavirus.
"But the feedback we're getting from the ground is that there's really no red flags - we're not seeing anything dramatically different, what we're seeing is what we are used to," he told the BBC's Newsday programme.
I quoted one sentence, and it's for right minded people to read the linked article, if they want to find more context and make up their own minds. The statement was obviously an interesting quote, and by no means my own opinion, neither is it at this present time known to be a falsehood. Nobody knows much about the Omicron variant yet. Copy/pasting too much of an article would substantially breach copyright, hence the link and short interesting quote. So why the accusation of falsehood, flecc?

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
Your usual mischief making deliberately designed to be misleading.

As I've said before, you are a troll.
I quoted one line to avoid copyright issues, and it was an interesting one - at least to me. If it is proven to be true, it'll be a fact that everyone unvaccinated should be midful of. I don't believe that's troll-like behaviour, too public spirited for that.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I quoted one line to avoid copyright issues, and it was an interesting one - at least to me. If it is proven to be true, it'll be a fact that everyone unvaccinated should be midful of. I don't believe that's troll-like behaviour, too public spirited for that.
LINK

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
You can disagree with me all you like, but using your influence on this forum's admin to emphasise your power, is not a noble use thereof.

jonathan.agnew

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 27, 2018
And "what we're used to" (ie covid as usual) is a different matter in a younger population like SA than an older more vulnerable one like ours

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
There doesn't appear to be anything noble or decent in your posting behaviour.
I'm sorry you feel that way, but that is just your opinion.

Here's what I mean:

It scrapes the first few words from the upper parts of the page. In this case, your false accusation, which you should apologise for.

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
There doesn't appear to be anything noble or decent in your posting behaviour.

And here's aother example of an automatically added to inter-site link:

What words are quoted? What do you end up reading when you follow the link? Feel like apologising yet?

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I'm sorry you feel that way, but that is just your opinion.

Here's what I mean:

It scrapes the first few words from the upper parts of the page. In this case, your false accusation, which you should apologise for.
Yes, the subject title is quoted, but you've altered the link by adding your answer to it, the next two sentences. They are not my words.

If you use a link of what someone else posted, do the decent thing and don't add anything of your own within it.

So no apology due since the falsification was yours.

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
Yes, the subject title is quoted, but you've altered the link by adding your answer to it.

If you use a link of what someone else posted, do the decent thing and don't add anything of your own within it.

All I added was a quote (from the BBC article) within " "marks, this website did the rest. If you don't know how this website works with links, that's not your fault, but to accuse me of somehow being able to alter how those links are automatically displayed, is wrong. You don't need to apologise for lack of forum-website function knowledge.

• Disagree

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
Yes, the subject title is quoted, but you've altered the link by adding your answer to it, the next two sentences. They are not my words.

If this forum's software automatically scraped content from the inter-site linked post specifically, ie near the #anchor point in HTML, instead of something wholly unrelated from near the top of the page, we wouldn't have such misunderstandings. I look forward to the day that it does.

• Disagree

Advertisers