Brexit, for once some facts.

tillson

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 29, 2008
Now the Lambeth Walk people are performing. This is exactly how I think the streets of London will look when I get off the train that has taken me there. I’m convinced that everyone is going to be moving around & going about their daily business whilst doing the Lambeth Walk. I just stop short expecting to see chimney sweeps carrying rods upon their shoulders.

When I actually get out of the station, the reality is very different and what I see is unacceptable. Someone should do something about it.

flecc, do you do a Lambeth walk when you nip down to the corner shop for a jellied eel and a jar of gherkins ?

Last edited:
  • :D
Reactions: flecc and oyster

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
Local picture from BlackRock ..and No not the Queen's Jubilee, but the annual raft race in the village .The first public outings since 2019 47304

tillson

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 29, 2008
There’s a strong sense that Big Dog could be facing a no confidence vote this week. Of course the fleas & ticks which inhabit his rancid fur are denying it because they know if he goes, the game is up for them too.

I don’t think the fcku-jar will stick around for long if he is binned. That face has attention hunger written all over it.

• Agree
Reactions: flecc

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
There’s a strong sense that Big Dog could be facing a no confidence vote this week. Of course the fleas & ticks which inhabit his rancid fur are denying it because they know if he goes, the game is up for them too.

I don’t think the fcku-jar will stick around for long if he is binned. That face has attention hunger written all over it.
Beyond a rumour:

I long ago reached the opinion that while there might not be an obvious successor (though there are quite a number who are obvious non-successors - like Nadine Dorries), there are quite a number who might do a better job. Indeed, it has clearly reached the "anyone but Johnson" stage.

If Brady did see 54 last week and defer for the sake of the Jubilee, it allowed a few like Raab to say more stupid things.

Brady has said:
Asked when the threshold was reached, he says it is complicated, because some MPs said they only wanted their letter to be effective from the end of the Platinum Jubilee celebrations.

tillson

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 29, 2008
Beyond a rumour:

I long ago reached the opinion that while there might not be an obvious successor (though there are quite a number who are obvious non-successors - like Nadine Dorries), there are quite a number who might do a better job. Indeed, it has clearly reached the "anyone but Johnson" stage.

If Brady did see 54 last week and defer for the sake of the Jubilee, it allowed a few like Raab to say more stupid things.

Brady has said:
Asked when the threshold was reached, he says it is complicated, because some MPs said they only wanted their letter to be effective from the end of the Platinum Jubilee celebrations.
Do you think he’ll lose?

It will be interesting to see how the midget living next door to Big Dog reacts. I think he fancied his chances, but the FPN, tax affairs and being so fabulously wealthy that he literally doesn’t know how to use money, has scuppered that ambition. Hilarious

Reactions: oyster

tillson

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 29, 2008
Personally, I think Johnson will win tonight. Due to manipulated / engineered MP candidate short-lists, the HoC is now filled with talentless people. Many’s only qualification is gender, sexual orientation, skin tone or their outlook regarding ladies who have cocks & beards. Very few, and I can’t name any, seem to have any talent or speak for the public.

There isn’t really anyone to replace him. Time to let Labour have a go.

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
Do you think he’ll lose?

It will be interesting to see how the midget living next door to Big Dog reacts. I think he fancied his chances, but the FPN, tax affairs and being so fabulously wealthy that he literally doesn’t know how to use money, has scuppered that ambition. Hilarious
I really, really don't know.

The approaching Wakefield and wherewasitinthesouthwest elections will clearly be a factor in many minds.

As was said about Cummings, when the person becomes the story, it is all over. Though might take a while for it to happen.

Can you imagine a year (or more) where every mention of Johnson in the media saying something about partygate? Even if it is roundabout terms like "Johnson, with his position bolstered,..." or "with confidence renewed" - it's almost impossible to avoid that sort of comment even from the friendly scribblers. They end up saying "I'm letting Johnson get on with his job" - again, an indication that there are major problems.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Either Jeremy Hunt soft tory camp thinks he may win or BJ's camp thinks they can squish the rebels, I think the tories are ready to give Hunt a chance.
BJ took up Labour's policies too closely.
Hunt wll give them the chance to stop No11 wasting money to save BJ.

tillson

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 29, 2008
I’m listening to the Leader of The Leader of Her Majesty’s Opposition on the wireless. He is being quizzed about whether he believes ladies have a penis. How did the country get into this situation?

Last edited:

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
I’m listening to the Leader of The Leader of Her Majesty’s Opposition on the wireless. He is being quizzed about whether he believes ladies have a penis. How did the country get into this situation?
are we talking about the difference between a (socially) transgender woman (the one still having his organ intact) and a transsexual woman (the one who went for permanent status change)?

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
(the one still having her organ intact) ?
I believe you are free to choose your social denominations but juridically, it's still his organ until a court decides otherwise.

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
I believe you are free to choose your social denominations but juridically, it's still his organ.
But it is the subject who is free to decide (it seems), and as far as I know, some who are intact do actually choose "her". We are apparently expected to follow that choice.

tillson

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 29, 2008
are we talking about the difference between a (socially) transgender woman (the one still having his organ intact) and a transsexual woman (the one who went for permanent status change)?
I don’t know anymore. I suppose we are talking about ladies with a bell-end 7 o’clock shadow.

Not sure I’d be comfortable with these ladies sharing a swimming pool changing room with ladies & girls that don’t have a prick.

It just sounded bizarre when Starmer was being questioned.

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
I don’t know anymore. I suppose we are talking about ladies with a bell-end 7 o’clock shadow.

Not sure I’d be comfortable with these ladies sharing a swimming pool changing room with ladies & girls that don’t have a prick.

It just sounded bizarre when Starmer was being questioned.
For centuries, such people have had some very tough lives to live. There are some amazing stories.

I went to a boarding school and I can't imagine how tough it would have been. Even just being behind the curve in getting pubic hair, needing to shave and having something bigger than a five-year-old has between their legs, could all cause deep unpleasantness.

For some of these people, what we see now is a huge relief. And for that aspect, I am happy.

But I think we are utterly ignoring other issues. Such as feminisation (or other effects) due to endocrine disrupting chemicals.

I certainly don't have any answers.

(Someone in my greater family decided to change to be a woman. Seemed to be sort-of happy but the impact on his marriage and children was profound. In many ways, he should have had that option before he made decisions about marrying, etc.)

Reactions: Woosh and flecc

tillson

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 29, 2008
For centuries, such people have had some very tough lives to live. There are some amazing stories.

I went to a boarding school and I can't imagine how tough it would have been. Even just being behind the curve in getting pubic hair, needing to shave and having something bigger than a five-year-old has between their legs, could all cause deep unpleasantness.

For some of these people, what we see now is a huge relief. And for that aspect, I am happy.

But I think we are utterly ignoring other issues. Such as feminisation (or other effects) due to endocrine disrupting chemicals.

I certainly don't have any answers.

(Someone in my greater family decided to change to be a woman. Seemed to be sort-of happy but the impact on his marriage and children was profound. In many ways, he should have had that option before he made decisions about marrying, etc.)
I don’t really have any strong opinion either way. If two people love each other, that can’t be a bad thing regardless of sexual orientation.

I do think we need a third category, male, female and thirdly, trans-gender. The third category is particularly important for sports, and intimate situations such as certain medical / examination situations.

I also don’t understand why some need to constantly remind people that they are gay. I don’t care. I don’t care whether a person is heterosexual or gay. It’s irrelevant.

• Agree
Reactions: flecc and oyster

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
I don’t really have any strong opinion either way. If two people love each other, that can’t be a bad thing regardless of sexual orientation.

I do think we need a third category, male, female and thirdly, trans-gender. The third category is particularly important for sports, and intimate situations such as certain medical / examination situations.

I also don’t understand why some need to constantly remind people that they are gay. I don’t care. I don’t care whether a person is heterosexual or gay. It’s irrelevant.
I still find sports a difficult question. Part of me wants to have no gender distinctions at all - as in equestrian events. Even if that means some events are dominated by M or F.

Does it matter that heavyweight weightlifters seem always to be male? Or lithe gymnastics seem always to be female?

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
flecc, do you do a Lambeth walk when you nip down to the corner shop for a jellied eel and a jar of gherkins ?
Last time I had a corner shop was 68 years ago, 1954 in Bournemouth.

I don't eat jellied eels and I leave gherkins for big macs, so those who pay for slices of them can have the pleasure of fishing them out and leaving them on the pavements.

Reactions: tillson

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Just watching the Plati Jubes parade I recorded earlier. The bicycle through the ages bit is good, but some of the ebikes look a bit dodge. I don’t think a Bosch motor will allow you to pull a wheelie whilst not pedalling. Some serious tweaks happening there.
Saddest thing I thought were the cars like Triumph Renowns and Morris Minors, illustrating our national failure so well.

• :D
Reactions: tillson

tillson

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 29, 2008
Last time I had a corner shop was 68 years ago, 1954 in Bournemouth.

I don't eat jellied eels and I leave gherkins for big macs, so those who pay for slices of them can have the pleasure of fishing them out and leaving them on the pavements.
I agree.

Advertisers