Brexit, for once some facts.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
the Rwandan project costs £1.4bn a year.
The inaugural flight will have 7 migrants on board from 130 originally booked, presumably 123 successfully challenged the government.
Some of the 7 may even be brought back to have their day in Court.
Is this as good as it gets to stop people crossing the channel?

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
The inaugural flight will have 7 migrants on board from 130 originally booked, presumably 123 successfully challenged the government.
It's truly pathetic, 7 on a Boeing 767 that can seat hundreds. Yesterday on the news I saw the accommodation waiting for them, hotel quality individual rooms, and presumably they are going to be fed and kept for a considerable period at least.

I can even envisage this encouraging poverty stricken and hungry Africans to attempt this route to a potentially better life than they have at present.

tillson

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 29, 2008
You are totally missing the point. This has nothing at all to do with immigration or asylum. What you are witnessing is, Operation Save Big Dog III (The wrath of Fat-Arse Patel).

It’s working a treat, we are talking about it and not noticing that there is a lawbreaking liar holding the position of Prime Minister. They wouldn’t care if no one was on the flight. All that matters is that you talk about Rwanda and not about the Prime Minister’s track record of lies, deceit and betrayal. Oh, and also not talking about the oven ready deal that propelled him into number 10. The oven ready deal that turned out to be a simmering crock of shite.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
7 became 6 then 4 and now, the flight tonight is not going to happen.
I suppose it will go ahead in a few months.

• Agree
  • :D
Reactions: tillson and flecc

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
7 became 6 then 4 and now, the flight tonight is not going to happen.
I suppose it will go ahead in a few months.
Again due to the actions of this dumb government and Brexit. In order to get the EU trade agreement, we conceded that we would obey the orders of the European Human Rights Court, something we hadn't had to do previously. Hence the ECHR being able now to stop this flight.

Progessively we are becoming even more a laughing stock in the world in so many ways.

Tonight we saw the England football team torn apart by Hungary, a country with only 15% of our population, scoring 4 - 0 against us with consumate ease, the first Hungarian football win against us since the 1960s.

So in this current European competition we are firmly in bottom place and only two matches short of having to compete in the world cup. Maybe we should just stay at home to save face.

tillson

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 29, 2008
Again due to the actions of this dumb government and Brexit. In order to get the EU trade agreement, we conceded that we would obey the orders of the European Human Rights Court, something we hadn't had to do previously. Hence the ECHR being able now to stop this flight.

Progessively we are becoming even more a laughing stock in the world in so many ways.

Tonight we saw the England football team torn apart by Hungary, a country with only 15% of our population, scoring 4 - 0 against us with consumate ease, the first Hungarian football win against us since the 1960s.

So in this current European competition we are firmly in bottom place and only two matches short of having to compete in the world cup. Maybe we should just stay at home to save face.
A further 260 people (They are just the ones we know about) crossed the channel yesterday, demonstrating that Fat-Arses deterrent is not working. But everyone except Fat-Arse herself and Boris Johnson knew it wouldn’t. I still think it’s all part of Bigdog III though.

Apparently, we have a massive labour shortage in this country. I don’t know if that’s true or if we just have a lot of people who don’t want to work. If it is true, why not let people work whilst awaiting Asylum / immigration approval? They will quickly become zero cost and possibly a nett benefit if in legitimate employment.

Reactions: flecc

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
. If it is true, why not let people work whilst awaiting Asylum / immigration approval?
they are allowed to work at present.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
We had a deal with France to have our police working in France, we could send illegal migrants back to France, we were doing economically well in 2016 etc then the brexit referendum happened. BJ has managed to create a huge amount of chaos.

• Agree

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
They are not allowed to work. Soz :)
That's the official policy. The reality is quite different as with many things concerning this government.
Apparently, there are about 300,000 failed asylum seekers in the UK, most are allowed to work.
While they wait for a decision on their asylum or resettlement or humanitarian protection decision, they are under protection of social services.
if they have waited more than 6 months for a decision on their application (refugee status, family resettlement etc), they can apply for work.

tillson

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 29, 2008
That's the official policy. The reality is quite different as with many things concerning this government.
Apparently, there are about 300,000 failed asylum seekers in the UK, most are allowed to work.
While they wait for a decision on their asylum or resettlement or humanitarian protection decision, they are under protection of social services.
if they have waited more than 6 months for a decision on their application (refugee status, family resettlement etc), they can apply for work.
So they aren’t allowed to work:rolleyes: The trouble is, they will have disappeared into the black economy by the time all the paperwork has been shuffled & stapled together. Just let them start working and paying NI, taxes and rent immediately. We’ve got loads of jobs going and my government backed job pension needs paying & protecting.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Just let them start working and paying NI, taxes and rent immediately. We’ve got loads of jobs going and my government backed job pension needs paying & protecting.
agreed.

tillson

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 29, 2008
I’ve had / still have Covid. I caught it off my wife, who I suspect caught it when seeing Queen at the O2.

I’ve had nothing too bad apart from extreme tiredness for 3 or 4 days. I’m about over it now, although still +.

The strange thing is, during what I would describe as the worst couple of days, I tested negative. It was only when I started to feel much less tired and a bit more normal that I had a + result.

I’d describe the experience as probably being one of the mildest colds I’ve ever had l, but with a lot of fatigue. I don’t know if the vaccine will have been doing some heavy lifting (3 doses, most recent, early December 2021).

Al least I know what Covid is like now.

Reactions: POLLY and oyster

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
I’ve had / still have Covid. I caught it off my wife, who I suspect caught it when seeing Queen at the O2.

I’ve had nothing too bad apart from extreme tiredness for 3 or 4 days. I’m about over it now, although still +.

The strange thing is, during what I would describe as the worst couple of days, I tested negative. It was only when I started to feel much less tired and a bit more normal that I had a + result.

I’d describe the experience as probably being one of the mildest colds I’ve ever had l, but with a lot of fatigue. I don’t know if the vaccine will have been doing some heavy lifting (3 doses, most recent, early December 2021).

An experience I'll be happy to totally avoid.

Sounds like BA.4 and BA.5 are doing the rounds - and seem to be going back to having a severe impact on the lungs.

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
Said about autocrats everywhere:

Autocracy comes when the leader elides themselves with the group. I am the group.

The sure sign of an autocracy is when a leader begins to say that anybody who disagrees with them is not of the group.

Stephen Reicher – social psychologist

13 March 2018 The Life Scientific – Radio 4

Do you recognise anyone who would fit that description?

tillson

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 29, 2008
An experience I'll be happy to totally avoid.

Sounds like BA.4 and BA.5 are doing the rounds - and seem to be going back to having a severe impact on the lungs.
I’ve not tested my lungs. O2 levels have been good throughout 98 - 100 %. I’m not going to start running again for a little while longer and then only gently when I do restart. Might go for an ebike ride on max assistance later.

Via local running club membership, I know a lot of runners who have restarted as normal after Covid. A surprising number have quickly had a big setback with symptoms returning and persisting for weeks.

These Chinks certainly know how to manufacture a virus. You have to hand it to them.

Reactions: POLLY and oyster

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I’ve had nothing too bad apart from extreme tiredness

I’d describe the experience as probably being one of the mildest colds I’ve ever had l, but with a lot of fatigue.

You also now know what being in your late 80s feels like, all the time !

Reactions: oyster

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
Via local running club membership, I know a lot of runners who have restarted as normal after Covid. A surprising number have quickly had a big setback with symptoms returning and persisting for weeks.
Not a surprise.

The use of GET (Graded Exercise Therapy) for Myalgic encephalomyelitis, also called chronic fatigue syndrome or ME/CFS, had precisely that sort of effect. Even the most gentle, most carefully graded, exercise therapy had a diabolically awful impact on many sufferers.

(There was recently a major bust-up between NICE, doctors and patients.)

Pushing yourself is close to the very worst thing you can do.

Many thyroid and pernicious anaemia patients have believed throughout much of the pandemic that Covid has an impact on thyroid hormones, B12 processing, as well as other factors which result in similar effects. The fatigue of thyroid is absolutely impossible to fight or relieve. (I've only suffered moderate fatigue. But I know people who have been at the all-day-every-day-in-bed level.) Relief for thyroid only occurs when adequate thyroid hormone becomes available (usually as tablets). Relief for B12 only occurs when adequate B12 (and folate) becomes available. And in both, the accumulated tissue damage can be beyond repair.

Some who have had Covid and thyroid have found a lot of similarity - but not all.

• Informative
Reactions: tillson

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
if you listen to Patel, you would think that the ECHR blocked the flight. What actually happened was that all but 7 successfully argued their case in our Courts, the European Court of HR only blocks temporarily the transfer of just 1 person, an Iraqi. Lawyers for the other 6 cited the ECHR decision and our government promptly abandoned the court cases and the flight. I reckon Patel and Johnson knew that the flight was useless, its value was in blaming somebody else for their lack of success.

Advertisers