Brexit, for once some facts.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
the BJ threat seems to recede as his tally does not grow as fast as Sunak's. The Pound and FTSE100 rose a little bit. I was trying to delay paying the Chinese until Monday but got cold feet and bought USD before BJ lost his early lead so lost a bit on the exchange.

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
Sure he will (and win too). Tories are evidently not ready to say goodbye to brexit. And have form when it comes to catastrophic bad judgement (look forward to truss' second coming in a month or so after boris get booted out - again).
Damning partygate evidence means Boris Johnson could be ‘gone by Christmas’

• :D
Reactions: POLLY and Woosh

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
BJ and Sunak will almost certainly reach the minimum required 100 endorsements. Sunak is leading but will BJ show up on Monday to register his candidacy?
What do you think?

So far, 148 tory MPs have disclosed their support:

Sunak: 67
Johnson: 60
Mordaunt: 21
The chubby Red Wall wowing, charisma reality distorting world king, hasn't even landed yet. Wait till he opens his mouth...

Last edited:
Reactions: Woosh

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
Shortseller automated trading systems gather momentum. We could be totally fucked by next week. Not having a GE immediately is unconscionable! :mad:

Last edited:

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

why cant they vote for the cat! he just has to look at plod and knock that door bitch i need to take a dump on the carpet ;)

jonathan.agnew

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 27, 2018
Shortseller automated trading systems gather momentum. We could be totally fucked by next week. Not having a GE immediately is unconscionable! :mad:

Markets will protect us, again, from the tories
Ironic really - gilt markets as the last defence against far right "economic liberalisation". And perhaps unfortunate - may be better for uk to go down in public flames as a result of bojo the brexit clown over few months than remain on life support for two years under sukak.

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
Markets will protect us, again, from the tories
Ironic really - gilt markets as the last defence against far right "economic liberalisation". And perhaps unfortunate - may be better for uk to go down in public flames as a result of bojo the brexit clown over few months than remain on life support for two years under sukak.
What worries me are the immense bales of the hay shortsellers are making - it's so much easier to devalue, and right now their algorithms have some real wind in their sails.... they've had time to get all their ducks in a row, which could lead to all our geese getting cooked, soon...

• Agree
Reactions: jonathan.agnew

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
Now that Truss has shat the bed, I really don't see why Sunak would want to be PM... he'd be less tainted by inevitable GE defeat and his future prospects for that role would be less damaged, if he played second fiddle to Boris. Perhaps BJ is talking him out of putting himself forward for the top job? Unless the ex-magician's assistant, and yet another prom queen wannabe seeking the crown but not the work, pulls a rabbit out of a hat, Boris vs Morduant would be no contest.

Last edited:

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Sunak is going to win the indicative vote Monday evening.
The question is then will he be opposed?
I think not. The polls suggest that Sunak is best placed to reduce the damage to conservative votes.

• Agree
Reactions: flecc

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I think not. The polls suggest that Sunak is best placed to reduce the damage to conservative votes.
Best for the public too. With both Covid and the Energy crisis he's shown himself to be support minded, so he's likely to continue with at least some support from April's price increase. Unlike Hunt who wants to stop it completely, which would be a disaster for many.

Reactions: Woosh

jonathan.agnew

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 27, 2018
the lemmings are making a determined dash for the cliff edge
and god knows they've earned the right to jump

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
I suspect that is the case. But I would query why they are even doing this charade. In every job in the Public Service I either interviewed for or was an interviewer on resulted in a short list of candidates. If the first choice declined, or left the post within a few months, the second suitable candidate was offered, until sufficient time had elapsed or the list of suitables was exhausted. That is exactly the situation in the UK.

• Agree

jonathan.agnew

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 27, 2018
I suspect that is the case. But I would query why they are even doing this charade. In every job in the Public Service I either interviewed for or was an interviewer on resulted in a short list of candidates. If the first choice declined, or left the post within a few months, the second suitable candidate was offered, until sufficient time had elapsed or the list of suitables was exhausted. That is exactly the situation in the UK.
Yes, though eu's alleged "democratic deficit" brexiteers objected to is beginning to look very attractive compared to what we have

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
the lemmings are making a determined dash for the cliff edge
and god knows they've earned the right to jump
Patel, Dorries, Jenkyns, Bone, JRM, Leigh, Travelyan etc, all the extremists have nowhere else to go to.
If BJ were to form a new government, he can't borrow and spend his way out to buy votes like he did before, his magic money tree has gone for years to come. Back in 2008, just before the subprime mortage crisis, UK public debts were about £500 Bln. It's now well over £2 Tn, four times what it was and mostly by conservative administration. Johnson spent money like confetti. If he has any sense, he'll make his excuses and go on another holiday.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
they can't go against the constitution of the conservative party. The way the 1922 committee devised this October election is about the best they can do, they will give the best chance for the last two candidates to do a deal. Sunak knows that the idiotic membership will vote for Johnson, Johnson knows that if he wins, it won't be fun because he has already bankrupted the country before he did a runner last time.

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
they can't go against the constitution of the conservative party. The way the 1922 committee devised this October election is about the best they can do, they will give the best chance for the last two candidates to do a deal. Sunak knows that the idiotic membership will vote for Johnson, Johnson knows that if he wins, it won't be fun because he has already bankrupted the country before he did a runner last time.
I previously made the point that Charles could request that any candidate for his PM has been endorsed by Parliament. Under the current situation where there is speculation about people resigning the whip if various people get elected, He should insist ... . I think flecc is of a similar viewpoint. The simplest way of doing this ,is having a word in private with whatever grandees are necessary, and then becoming indisposed .. No drama ,no high jinks, no precedent..and no egg on his face.

• Agree
Reactions: flecc and guerney

jonathan.agnew

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 27, 2018
Once this blows over there will be a lot of "we need to talk about kevin" (the depraved tory that shrunk our economy from 90% to 60% of germany's) on radio 4..

Advertisers