Brexit, for once some facts.

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
Sunak is positioning himself for the best role he can get, but if the membership have any say - that won't be PM.

Last edited:

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
I previously made the point that Charles could request that any candidate for his PM has been endorsed by Parliament. Under the current situation where there is speculation about people resigning the whip if various people get elected, He should insist ... . I think flecc is of a similar viewpoint. The simplest way of doing this ,is having a word in private with whatever grandees are necessary, and then becoming indisposed .. No drama ,no high jinks, no precedent..and no egg on his face.
I wonder if a fear of axes is now genetic memory?

• :D
Reactions: Woosh

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
I previously made the point that Charles could request that any candidate for his PM has been endorsed by Parliament.
He does not have to. Our system implies that the person he asks to form the next government is already mandated by/have the confidence of parliament. At the moment, the conservatives try to elect their leader, we still have a PM until their new leader emerges. Charles does not have to do anything.

Last edited:

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Sunak currently has 50 more supportive MPs than BJ (122/72). That's a lot of gap. I can't see BJ making a plausible come back.

• Agree
Reactions: flecc

jonathan.agnew

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 27, 2018
Sunak currently has 50 more supportive MPs than BJ (122/72). That's a lot of gap. I can't see BJ making a plausible come back.
Rationally yes, but the only thing the conservative party has consistently done for the past ten years is make the wrong choices.

• Agree
Reactions: esuark

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
The bookies has sunak on 1/3. It is pretty much in the bag unless he says something stupid on TV.

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
strange that, saying something stupid "pepper pig" incident for one never did it any harm in the eyes of the faithful.
BJ could shoot someone on Tottenham Court Road, and that still wouldn't do him any harm in the eyes of the faithful

Hope it's sneaky Sunak, easier for Labour to beat.

• Agree
Reactions: jonathan.agnew

jonathan.agnew

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 27, 2018
Tory newspapers warn against the return of Boris Johnson
The Daily Mail, the Telegraph and the Times have turned on the man they once backed and are supporting Rishi Sunak
But we owe boris a great debt of gratitude for reminding the electorate (and, ye gods, do the twats need reminding) what self indulgent (during a national crisis) narcissistic nefarious knobs the tories are. I can't wait for the infighting, civil war and further implosion (whoever win, the red wall won't like sunak/hunt cuts to services, benefits a bit).

• Agree
Reactions: guerney and oyster

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
But we owe boris a great debt of gratitude for reminding the electorate (and, ye gods, do the twats need reminding) what self indulgent (during a national crisis) narcissistic nefarious knobs the tories are. I can't wait for the infighting, civil war and further implosion (whoever win, the red wall won't like sunak/hunt cuts to services, benefits a bit).
Apparently Johnson is in a meeting with Sunak...

Outcome - no idea.

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
Apparently Johnson is in a meeting with Sunak...

Outcome - no idea.
"You and shitty baldy stabbed me in the back!"

"This is going from Hyderabad to Hyderworse!"

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
A even thicker generation of Conservative voters thickos is being incubated

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
A even thicker generation of Conservative voters thickos is being incubated

Starmer would have an easier win with Johnson as PM.

Advertisers