Brexit, for once some facts.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Germany is legalising weed. You can have 30g in your pockets and 3 plants in your flat per person.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
well weed round here is £10 a gram so even if you pay for the electric and nutes there is still a big chunk of change left.

but i bet if it was made legal over here the price for the license will be insane and so will be the tax you have to pay on top and keeping a warehouse that's 500 meters long between 18-28c is not easy all year round and in summer you will need a ac run of a nuclear power station.

best you can get is gram per watt of electric used so if you get 600g dry from a 600w light that's the best you can hope for.

S1030568_01.JPG
S1030765.jpg
3 months later, :p

• Informative
Reactions: Woosh

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
S1030578.jpg

DSC_0214.jpg
DSC_0097-1-2.jpg
DSC_0021.jpg
DSC_0175-1.jpg
DSC_0226.jpg

i came they saw i kicked there ass
a4d9e4c3-a573-4abc-9092-eb7c9662d7c1-1.jpg

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
Speaking of bubbles, I contracted covid on a blood test to hospital and had to refrain from running (am a heartless bastard but even so didnt think it would be fair to give it to all the poor sods in the gym). Since then tried to start running again ( gained weight, and a tummy, the new bubble). And is it bloody difficult. It feels like suddenly running at altitude and not getting enough oxygen. And it was all going so well before. How is your slow jogging?
It's hard to restart after a pause - start/stop: jog a bit, stop and amble till you feel ready to jog or slow jog a bit more. Comfortable range will soon increase within weeks, if previously fit - muscles will remain largely conditioned for some weeks, particularly "White" slow-twitch endurance muscle, which takes longer to be digested than bulkier "Red" high load fast twitch.

I'm about to go mad on slow jogging sessions... thinking of taking many regular laps around my local park three times a day, two miles atime. Otherwise, natural winter metabolism slowing will accrue fat and ill-health.

Last edited:

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
Well, that's the world we live in. If Mark Zuckerberg sells land in his metaverse, I would be tempted.
What would Wooshland look like? I might manage a Guerney concession stand.

He won't start selling until he has massive user numbers and mutiple revenue streams solidly projected, as was with Facebook before monetisation via search engine and ad delivery, and multi-platform tracking mechanisms, for sale of user data. Might Meta shareholders be given a slice of virtual real estate? Zuck seems too tight for that. VR has been promoted for years without mass market success, but when AR becomes convenient enough to be worn constantly, we may become a society living on many different digital levels. Or some with adequate funds or access might. People with less than ideal eyesight need not apply, at the moment.

Last edited:

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
As in the US - only people with squeaky clean records, woull be granted the undoubtedly expensive licenses. Why can't cheap red/blue LEDs be used? I grow tomatoes and strawberries in my kitchen all year round: 2 X 10W bulbs (plus an intermittent 60W ceramic for night heat) in the window recess. All my neighbours think I'm growing weed - I expect cops to kick my front door down... after which I'll sue them for distress and a new front door.

Last edited:

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Frankly I wouldn't, crypto and other digital assets require steady stream of new investors with expendable capital to maintain their (hypothetical) value. Back in the real world it's as everyone knows unrelated to anything concrete that could be exchanged. And suspect stream of new investors may well run dry with increased mortgages, inflation, cost of living and decreased consumer confidence. Tesla shares has also halved in value (trying to sell £50k plus cars in a recession doesnt seem the most compelling business plan)
when you think about that, the Pound could not be exchanged for gold since Bretton Woods. The money you have in your bank account is just a number, it's no safer than a NFT held on some computer. Shares you hold at some brokers don't even have certificates. Your bank cards are also prime examples of the world we live in, even those are replaced by your phone.

• Agree
Reactions: guerney

jonathan.agnew

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 27, 2018
when you think about that, the Pound could not be exchanged for gold since Bretton Woods. The money you have in your bank account is just a number, it's no safer than a NFT held on some computer. Shares you hold at some brokers don't even have certificates. Your bank cards are also prime examples of the world we live in, even those are replaced by your phone.
In extremis you're right, if we have a few more truss moments the fscf's £85k guarantee will fly out of the window and we'd all be better of clutching a banky of sw's finest parsley (before staggering down the road with the machete and home made musket and trying to stay in the shadows). And it's not as if one could do anything with inedible unburnable gold even if one could exchange it. Musk is probably right, it's all smoke and mirrors, but neurotic that i am I'd rather have a small farm in sicilly (where one could make home made goats cheese and grow tomatoes) than an NFT

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

• :D

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
It's making the news at the moment:
Kwarteng said that he had warned Ms Truss about going at a “breakneck speed” with economic measures after the mini-Budget.

“She said, ‘well, I’ve only got two years’ and I said, ‘you will have two months if you carry on like this’. And that is, I’m afraid, what happened.”

Kwarteng seems to think he's got the ability to read the future.

Can you believe Kwasi Kwarteng?

Reactions: jonathan.agnew

jonathan.agnew

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 27, 2018
It's making the news at the moment:
Kwarteng said that he had warned Ms Truss about going at a “breakneck speed” with economic measures after the mini-Budget.

“She said, ‘well, I’ve only got two years’ and I said, ‘you will have two months if you carry on like this’. And that is, I’m afraid, what happened.”

Kwarteng seems to think he's got the ability to read the future.

Can you believe Kwasi Kwarteng?
He does not seem to understand that trussonomics, brexit is was and always have been fundamentally, obviously wrong, flawed, which says more than one really wanted to know about his intellect. He also doesn't show any genuine remorse, responsibility for the massive harm he has caused (pretending it wasn't him, it was just flawed timing), which is, even by conservative standards, shamelessly unethical.

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
He does not seem to understand that trussonomics, brexit is was and always have been fundamentally, obviously wrong, flawed, which says more than one really wanted to know about his intellect. He also doesn't show any genuine remorse, responsibility for the massive harm he has caused (pretending it wasn't him, it was just flawed timing), which is, even by conservative standards, shamelessly unethical.
Not going to wade into UK politics ... But the Chancellor has a duty to stand up against a PM . It's why the rooms are next door. "It's not me Guv" , is not acceptable in the 2 Nd highest elected office.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Not going to wade into UK politics ... But the Chancellor has a duty to stand up against a PM . It's why the rooms are next door. "It's not me Guv" , is not acceptable in the 2 Nd highest elected office.
I don't have a problem with Kwarteng saying that the mini budget wasn't his idea. It was probably Chris Philp's that Flecc knows well.
My problem is that the conservative party has run out of good people since the brexiters took over. All the better ones voted for the losing side in 2016 and got either deselected or left to sit on the backbenches. People like Kwarteng and Braverman should not be where they are or were.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

carbon pollution from google search.

:p

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
Surprise, surprise.
Huw Pill, chief economist at the BoE suggested that printing £450 bn in the two covid years is responsible for the rise in cost of living.

A bitter pill: At last! Top Bank of England official finally concedes printing money - and lockdown - fuelled inflation crisis (msn.com)
This also serves to minimise perception of Truss's mistakes, strengthening the Tory's assertion that they're a financial competent party. We'll see a lot more blame deflection over the next two years.

• Agree

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
This also serves to minimise perception of Truss's mistakes, strengthening the Tory's assertion that they're a financial competent party. We'll see a lot more blame deflection over the next two years.
You know why top football teams have 2 top players for every position? They tell us its to have a reserve, incase of injury, fatigue or illness. That's BS. It's to make every player compete for their place, without a better replacement a player knows the manager has nochoice but to play her/him. Without competition the player can be lazy, cleverly shirk training and put in 85% performances.
Overtime, that 85% gets less and less. (think MUFC, last 10 years)
Our government (Tories) have had that scenario since Tony Blair blew both his feet off,with no sign of things changing.
In reality Tories can't get worse, can they? Prtoblem is no matter how bad they are or get there is no alternative. How bad is Labour when they must still improve to guarantee kicking Tories out.???

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Starmer will be PM in 2024, don't you worry, Zlatan. He only has to avoid saying too much . The conservatives won't need any competition to lose the next election with internal fighting, those who love BJ against those who loath him.

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
Starmer will be PM in 2024, don't you worry, Zlatan. He only has to avoid saying too much . The conservatives won't need any competition to lose the next election with internal fighting, those who love BJ against those who loath him.
I wouldn't bet on it Woosh...

• :D

Advertisers