Brexit, for once some facts.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
How soon before the Government realises that it isn't going to get a special deal?
After that there's no way back is there?

And we have achieved what neither Napolean or Hitler could do; unite Europe against us.
And as an added bonus with the labour party seemingly evaporating before our eyes,no opposition worthy of the name, a golden opportunity for Farage to become a force to be reckoned with. How delightful!
Very quickly we shall become a nation where people have the same sort of rights they had when I was born 72 years ago and as then unlikely to have the NHS either.
Congratulations Brexiteers, and all you had to do was put a little cross in the wrong box.
Shouldn't you be insisting that we trigger article 50 straight away?
We're not going to get anything out of delaying the inevitable are we that's what you wanted to happen wasn't it?
Time to man up and enjoy the challenges and opportunities!:D
By the way have you noticed the undemocratic way the EU says the deal needs more than a 4% majority to be agreed? for shame!

Last edited:

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Great news! it was all a big mistake after all
Saved by Jeremy Hunt at the 11th Hour
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/06/27/after-brexit-we-can-no-longer-ignore-fears-about-immigration/
"The first part of the plan must be clarity that we will remain in the single market. We are the world’s greatest trading nation. We have shaped the world and the world has shaped us through our history of being open to free trade and championing it more than any other. It is not just at the heart of our economic success – it is also at the heart of our identity as one of the most open, liberal, outward-looking societies anywhere."

Sorry lads if you voted for leaving, it simply isn't going to happen is it?
It was all a Bluff by the Leave Camp

• :D
Reactions: BrendanJ and robdon

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Clearly for what Hunt is saying the plan is to go for the Norway option, the only drawback being the free movement of people
I personally have no objection to that , with or without free movement of people.
Just seems a bit daft to lose the right to belong as a fully functioning member, but better than nothing.
Worth a sensible response rather than a smile, Brendan?

BrendanJ

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 6, 2016
Cheshire
Anyone that listens to Jeremy hunt is not really worth a response
For what it's worth I agree that there is no point in Norway style agreement
It's either FTA which once they get over their grief and shock and silliness is achievable
Or if they can't do that WTO rules
I'm perfectly happy with both
Don't forget we think about UK challenges, but the EU has a few of its own that Brexit is currently bringing into sharp focus

And if you slag this opinion off then it's smilie from here in

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Do you think this is the actual party policy or just his own?

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Child he be testing the water to see the reaction?

BrendanJ

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 6, 2016
Cheshire
Child he be testing the water to see the reaction?

Grandad, no doubt he might be, but that does not make it policy or even testing the water on behalf of who exactly? Just mouth on a stick and the frustration of being a politician with zero influence on the issues that matter except when they are given a portfolio and ____ it up royally.

• Agree
Reactions: mike killay

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Just puzzled as to his motive at this particular time

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Sorry about the child instead of could, it wasn't deliberate difficult to use phone keyboard due to arthrititis, and I failed to pick it up

So Arthritis is funny? it earns a smiley? don't get old Brendan.

BrendanJ

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 6, 2016
Cheshire
So Arthritis is funny? it earns a smiley? don't get old Brendan.
Ive already got it, waiting hip operation. So no slight there just amused by your " sleight of hand" really amused :)
When you talk instead of just bouncing back with negatives you are ok, take note

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
I really don't get you lot.

Your farmers brought in Poles to do jobs that English unemployed didn't want to do and paid them peanuts while they were about it. The Poles living in sub-standard conditions (or at least the ones I saw on TV) sent money and word back to Poland that there were jobs to be had so others came, many others, and you call that uncontrolled immigration?

People are getting rich on their backs. It isn't slavery but it has nothing to do with decent working conditions and you want them out? Who are you going to call in to come and clean your public toilets now?

Reactions: mike killay
Mar 9, 2016
I really don't get you lot.

Your farmers brought in Poles to do jobs that English unemployed didn't want to do and paid them peanuts while they were about it. The Poles living in sub-standard conditions (or at least the ones I saw on TV) sent money and word back to Poland that there were jobs to be had so others came, many others, and you call that uncontrolled immigration?

People are getting rich on their backs. It isn't slavery but it has nothing to do with decent working conditions and you want them out? Who are you going to call in to come and clean your public toilets now?
But who says Brexit will change any of that ? Farage does, but he,s insane.
To my mind Brexit is about us deciding levels not stopping anything. UK and especially England historically is a mongrel race and all the better for it.
Going against my principle of leaving patient alone for a while..ftse posted biggest daily rise for 4 months. Called dead cat bounce tho, its still below pre brexit levels but way higher than this years Feb low.

• Agree
Reactions: tillson

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
The real damage will come later to ordinary people when prices and unemployment go up. Guess what, the fruit pickers will be the same, but the factory closures will hit the very people who voted out.

tillson

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 29, 2008
The real damage will come later to ordinary people when prices and unemployment go up. Guess what, the fruit pickers will be the same, but the factory closures will hit the very people who voted out.
Why are factories going to close? Which factories do you have in mind?

BrendanJ

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 6, 2016
Cheshire
Why are factories going to close? Which factories do you have in mind?
I agree these kind of statements are becoming ridiculous and frankly damaging.
It was precisely the huge fear mongering campaign that spooked the markets on Brexit decision. And they are still at it
And to answer your question to Trex the factories that will close are the ones that 100 % of the workforce voted for Brexit, so I've heard!!!

I know it sounds unbelievable! But it's true , it's a fact
It's caused by the plagues of locusts that at this very moment are winging there way over from europe

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
But who says Brexit will change any of that ? Farage does, but he,s insane.
To my mind Brexit is about us deciding levels not stopping anything. UK and especially England historically is a mongrel race and all the better for it.
Going against my principle of leaving patient alone for a while..ftse posted biggest daily rise for 4 months. Called dead cat bounce tho, its still below pre brexit levels but way higher than this years Feb low.
Do you really think even a majority of Brexit supporters will be satisfied with what is after all quite a sensible attitude on controlling immigration?
The mood is not really receptive , or have they to meekly accept they haven't got what they wanted after all?

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Time for fun spot: this from the Independent Front Page this morning
Live: More Tories launch leadership bids – latest updates
It's all a Plot he cried ("Cackling madly as the men in white coats drag him away")

Anyone fancy a job as a sub editor, with the Independent? there will surely be a vacancy later today.
Oh, heck, perhaps is is actually true????:confused:

After that I'm not a sad little old man any more, there are more people around just as mad as I am!:D

Advertisers