Brexit, for once some facts.

tommie

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 13, 2013
Co. Down, N. Ireland, U.K.
Chris Grayling "I'm delighted to sign a new air services agreement with Switzerland, following agreements with USA & Canada. UK & @EU_Commission are clear: flights will continue post-Brexit in ANY scenario. Consumers should continue to book with confidence

a statement of fact in the face of a tidal wave of bullshit from the Remain Ultras in this thread.

Reactions: Zlatan

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
Chris Grayling "I'm delighted to sign a new air services agreement with Switzerland, following agreements with USA & Canada. UK & @EU_Commission are clear: flights will continue post-Brexit in ANY scenario. Consumers should continue to book with confidence

a statement of fact in the face of a tidal wave of bullshit from the Remain Ultras in this thread.
I am happy you will be able to fly to Zurich and back, but where is the agreement for Paris?. There was a major debate in HoC around Halloween , was there a conclusion?. The British aviation website is not clear on the subject.

• Agree
Reactions: robdon

Wicky

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 12, 2014
Colchester, Essex
www.jhepburn.co.uk
Pft Zurich / Paris - Have you no ambition! - This UKIP candidate wants dominion of the stars (funded from the post-Brexit £350 million money tree I assume) and a new glorious British Imperial Space Empire

South Suffolk UKIP hopeful aims for interstellar travel

He says he would like the government to: “Offer £1.2 billion worth of prizes, in the form of share capital, to the companies that win competitions to:

a) Design an interstellar colony ship.

b) Profitably mine the asteroid belt for water and/or platinum, so long as they do so by 2026.

c) That convert the ML86X design into a flying aircraft carrier. This is a giant airship being designed by an American company as a cargo-carrier.

In more down to earth policies, he wants the government offer British citizenship to all EU citizens living in the UK, to increase the army by 16,000, take £157bn less a year from taxpayers, and cut the price of housing by 70% over the next 50 years.

Mr Powlesland said technology was rapidly advancing and research was already being undertaken into designing a tiny spaceship that could travel fast enough to reach the nearest start system.

and so it begins from small acorns, though lack of EU funding might make it problematic...

U.K. selects Scottish spaceport site

The U.K. Space Agency said that, in addition to the funding for the Sutherland launch site, it will offer 2 million pounds to support development of horizontal launch sites “subject to business case.”

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Hi Tom. How is your evening going? Well? I hope so. Seriously.

I am not here to change minds. I am here for the shear joy of saying something. I doubt very much I am going to change anybody's minds. I could say especially yours but you're like most people here - we made our minds up ages ago and not much is going to change them now.

It is - of course - very tempting to get caught up in a slanging match - very very tempting and I have given into such temptations at times - and why not - I think it was Oscar Wilde who said it takes great courage to give into temptation - but my experience is that if you start slinging cr*p around too much you end up feeling a bit cr*p yourself so you gotta watch that.

I am conscious that its the people who don't post who are perhaps the real audience. Not always of course. But the noisy ones (like us) - are not the only ones here.

Leave or Stay is such a contentious issue. Families have been torn apart. In the end as I said a while back we should all be very grateful for being alive at such an abundant time of human civilisation - never before have so many people had such wealth and opportunities. Of course that is not true for many millions - but it is true for more millions than ever before.

How does that poem go over the entrance to the centre court at Wimbledon - 'if you can keep your head when all others are losing theirs - you will be a man my boy'. Maybe we should all try to 'keep our heads' from time to time.

But.

Up to you.

It's a free country (just).
My my, what have we here, someone whose sole purpose is to be a nuisance trying to pose as a philosopher?
You have simply come on here attempting to spoil a debate in the service of the leave campaign using any means available.
Are you going to waste time telling horoscopes next?
Where is your convincing argument in support of Brexit?

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
My my, what have we here, someone whose sole purpose is to be a nuisance trying to pose as a philosopher?
You have simply come on here attempting to spoil a debate in the service of the leave campaign using any means available.
Are you going to waste time telling horoscopes next?
Where is your convincing argument in support of Brexit?
It's called trying to be reasonable OG, a concept lost on your dear self.

• Disagree
Reactions: robdon and oldtom

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
BREXIT CHAOS: Corbyn puts May BACK ON BRINK… before REES-MOGG rides to shock rescue
In the Express we have more proof of the duplicity of the leave campaign ERG group, who were entirely against the Chequers deal but when push comes to shove this happens
"Mr Rees-Mogg said in the Commons: "May I congratulate the Prime Minister on winning the confidence of the Conservatives in this House last week and assure her that she therefore commands my confidence too."
Mr Rees-Mogg explained his surprise change in tack by putting his comments down to festive cheer.
“At Christmas it is wrong to be a dog in the manger, that is where a baby belongs,” he said.
A stony-faced Mrs May thanked him for his support as she updated MPs on Brexit.
Conservative Steve Baker, a key lieutenant in the plot to eject Mrs May, said: “Eurosceptic Conservatives are clear that we accept the democratic decision of our party to have confidence in Theresa May as PM.”

Interesting and revealing that he believes a "Baby belongs in a Manger"

No wonder our trolls on here are so active,this duplicity and incompetence on the part of their heros must be unsettling to their religious belief in Brexit
And tellingly they can think of nothing to say to defend it, so what else can they do other than prance about trying to be funny, in the hope of spoiling a debate that reveals the true damage their Brexit fetish is doing.

Last edited:
  • Agree

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
From the Daily Mail
"
PM to push ahead with a £2billion plan to prepare the UK for a No Deal Brexit
  • Mrs May said no-deal Brexit would ‘risk jobs, services and security of people'
  • PM said Government had duty to prepare for possibility of no-deal Brexit
  • Move came as Brussels is to keep flights and money flowing in event of no-deal
Just cancel Brexit, you know you want to!

• Agree

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
More bad news for the leavers in the independent
"
Drop the Target: Theresa May’s immigration cap missing from post-Brexit plan

Exclusive: The prime minister’s allies once insisted the target would appear in the white paper which could be published this week

The government’s long-expected post-Brexit immigration plan will have no reference to the Conservative manifesto pledge to reduce net migration down to the “tens of thousands”.

Brexit is ....who knows anymore?
That's why the trolls are so active of late,they know someone has stolen their booby prize and there's nothing they can do about it.

Last edited:

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
More bad news for the leavers in the independent
"
Drop the Target: Theresa May’s immigration cap missing from post-Brexit plan

Exclusive: The prime minister’s allies once insisted the target would appear in the white paper which could be published this week

The government’s long-expected post-Brexit immigration plan will have no reference to the Conservative manifesto pledge to reduce net migration down to the “tens of thousands”.

Brexit is ....who knows anymore?
That's why the trolls are so active of late,they know someone has stolen their booby prize and there's nothing they can do about it.
That's good news isn't it OG? Amazing how your emphasis is on talking for leavers, wrongly, rather than viewing such as this as positive for country.
That's the case with May's deal, remainers should be supporting it., but no such as OG want to point out its failings from leavers points of view, not their own...

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
That's good news isn't it OG? Amazing how your emphasis is on talking for leavers, wrongly, rather than viewing such as this as positive for country.
That's the case with May's deal, remainers should be supporting it., but no such as OG want to point out its failings from leavers points of view, not their own...
Do you really see it that way? much more likely it has been deleted temporarily for tactical reasons
"The target will still exist as a manifesto pledge until the next election at least, but its absence is a clear sign policy has now moved away from the numbers-based approach backed by Ms May.
Elements of the plan to have already appeared in the press indicate there will be no cap on highly skilled migrants from anywhere in the world.
Medium-skilled migrants will be allowed in if they have a job paying at least £30,000 a year, but migrants with skills Britain needs will be granted visas on a lower salary.
Low-skilled workers will get short-term visas of up to a year if they are from a country that is a “low risk of immigration abuse”, while students will be granted six months of study leave and can switch to a skilled worker’s visa three months before the end of their course.

So what does it all mean? first off all it won't go down well with the Leave voters who see this as meaning the cream of the crop jobs will go to foreigners
Elements of the plan to have already appeared in the press indicate there will be no cap on highly skilled migrants from anywhere in the world.
And this applies too to jobs lower down the scale
"Medium-skilled migrants will be allowed in if they have a job paying at least £30,000 a year, but migrants with skills Britain needs will be granted visas on a lower salary. "
What she is saying is that there isn't going to be the numbers crackdown the leave voters were promised at the Referendum
And plum jobs will be offered to fully trained foreigners rather than train our own people, hence the clause on students.
She is lying to the people about her immigration policy again
As to supporting May's deal.....
What possible reason can you advance that would persuade me to support something clearly as mad as leaving the EU?

Last edited:

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
Some very interesting data on those Government Petitions coming through..

Popular petitions

The one i highlighted earlier Leave the EU without a deal in March 2019 has almost 200K and counting,

STOP BREXIT has 69k ..... Oh dear!!

Nuff said.. :rolleyes:
I wonder if anyone read that Leave one?

The EU border in Ireland to be managed simply by having a dual Euro / pound currency as legal tender in both the North and South. Exports to the South would be dealt with in Euro and vice versa when importing to the North. Rates fixed at time of the deal.

• Informative
Reactions: oldtom

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
I wonder if anyone read that Leave one?

The EU border in Ireland to be managed simply by having a dual Euro / pound currency as legal tender in both the North and South. Exports to the South would be dealt with in Euro and vice versa when importing to the North. Rates fixed at time of the deal.
Obviously they have another financial genius like Minford working for them!

• Agree
Reactions: robdon and flecc

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
And you imagine this man who regards decimation of what little manufacturing capacity we have as necessary and inevitable is some sort of Guru?
It merely proves that education does not bring wisdom automatically nor empathy for the fate of others.
There were plenty of well educated Fascists in the last century remember?
You have to wonder how much damage he is doing to the students on a daily basis.

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
And you imagine this man who regards decimation of what little manufacturing capacity we have as necessary and inevitable is some sort of Guru?
It merely proves that education does not bring wisdom automatically nor empathy for the fate of others.
There were plenty of well educated Fascists in the last century remember?
You have to wonder how much damage he is doing to the students on a daily basis.
An interesting talk show on the de-industrialisation of France last night - French industry is going the same way as UK industry. Why? Not enough investment in robotics, worker traing, R&D, etc. Germany, Italy and Spain (!) don't have failing industry because they have invested in all of those things. Like the UK, France has invested in those areas in one sector - armement...

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
UK & @EU_Commission are clear: flights will continue post-Brexit in ANY scenario.

what part of that don`t you understand?
I understand the sentence, but what about the fact. Reirterating what I said , where is the agreement with the EU. ?. I suspect, unless you have information to the contrary,that it is within and contingent the 512 page Deal. .. . I have not been able to find anything outside of that.
Do you not think it would have been a huge announcement ,that landing rights had been secured in 27 countries had it been confirmed!.?
I am not saying that there is any untruth in what Mr Greyling has said, but truth can also be used to conceal.

Advertisers