Brexit, for once some facts.

50Hertz

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 2, 2019
Cant agree with that at all. Her actions have undermined any chances of a good deal. She showed entire world our hand and demonstrated most were frightened of a no deal. I think this single episode ranks highest out of a long list of showing ourselves up. We have proved incapable of negotiating anything, more rolled over submitted and died as any force to be reckoned with.
A decent deal was never ever on the table. Politically, the EU could not have given us more than was is in the poor deal which has been voted down three times. The EU would have allowed no deal to happen, it would have hurt them a lot more than doing a deal with us, but they would have paid that cost and treated it as the price of keeping everything together.

All that Yvette Cooper has done is put a safety net in place to stop those who are too stupid to see this from doing irreparable damage to the country.

Have you seen the no Deal business plan? You will not have done because it doesn’t exist. And which clown are you expecting to draw up and deliver the no deal route to wonderful times?

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
For three years (3) it has been stated that trade negotiations begin after the UK leaves the EU as per EU regulations (the ones the UK signed and even helped elaborate). How hard can that be to understand?
It isn't wrapped round a thrown house brick

Reactions: robdon

Kudoscycles

Official Trade Member
Apr 15, 2011
www.kudoscycles.com
I dont think any words need to be added to this results release......

Profits at UK pub chain JD Wetherspoon fell 19% in the six months to the end of January.
It blamed a rise in labour costs, interest payments, utility bills, repairs and depreciation for the fall.
Its chairman, Brexit supporter Tim Martin, who generally accompanies results announcements with his colourful opinions, expressed concern that Brexit would be reversed.
This, he said, would have "adverse economic consequences".
He blamed "the establishment" for a "barrage of negative economic forecasts".
Mr Martin is currently touring 100 of his 900 pubs, talking to punters about the merits of leaving the EU without a deal on 29 March.
It couldnt just be that the EU workers have gone home and the Brit replacements dont want to work so hard for minimum wage.....no silly of me it is 'negative economic forecasts'.....I dont remember anyone in a Spoons talking about 'negative economic forecasts',hehe !!!!
KudosDave

Reactions: robdon and flecc

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Did I read somewhere you are from Hull ?
Or was that another ardent remainer .
Kingston upon Hull. Leave 67.6%. 76,646 VOTES. Remain 32.4%.
Absolutely! and that isn't flattering either is it?
So what was your point?
Where you hoping to score some Brownie points by pointing out something about Hull I didn't already know?
Lots of people here were taken in by the same rubbish that took you in, not their fault is it?
Do you understand why they voted the way they did?, I do.
The government wanted to stay in the EU, and people round here have been abandoned by the Government, they don't give a damn about the EU or even know what it is, but if the Government wanted it, their only way to protest was to vote leave.
And the icing on the cake was all those lovely promises!
It's as simple as that, a protest vote, and being tempted with false promises.

• Agree
Reactions: robdon and POLLY

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
I disagree, I don’t think it was rigged. Leave told a better quality of lie, that’s all.

It just needs to be re-run based on truth, facts and evidence gathered over the last three years. Remain will then win 60 / 40. The whole lot can be put in the bin afterwards and we can try and forget about it, a bit like when you embarrass yourself in public.
I think the evidence is mounting that it was tampered by highly selective biassed and personalised targeted factoids..by and in behalf of the Leave campaign. How many of these were actually lies and how many just highly hyped truths will never be determined. Whereas the Remainder campaign was wallowing in righteousness of their message and were exposed as amateurs,against that manipulation.

• Agree

OxygenJames

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 8, 2012
I dont think any words need to be added to this results release......

Profits at UK pub chain JD Wetherspoon fell 19% in the six months to the end of January.
It blamed a rise in labour costs, interest payments, utility bills, repairs and depreciation for the fall.
Its chairman, Brexit supporter Tim Martin, who generally accompanies results announcements with his colourful opinions, expressed concern that Brexit would be reversed.
This, he said, would have "adverse economic consequences".
He blamed "the establishment" for a "barrage of negative economic forecasts".
Mr Martin is currently touring 100 of his 900 pubs, talking to punters about the merits of leaving the EU without a deal on 29 March.
It couldnt just be that the EU workers have gone home and the Brit replacements dont want to work so hard for minimum wage.....no silly of me it is 'negative economic forecasts'.....I dont remember anyone in a Spoons talking about 'negative economic forecasts',hehe !!!!
KudosDave

Screen Shot 2019-04-10 at 15.38.06.png

gray198

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 4, 2012
I think the evidence is mounting that it was tampered by highly selective biassed and personalised targeted factoids..by and in behalf of the Leave campaign. How many of these were actually lies and how many just highly hyped truths will never be determined. Whereas the Remainder campaign was wallowing in righteousness of their message and were exposed as amateurs,against that manipulation.
and obviously the BBC has been totally neutral

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
and obviously the BBC has been totally neutral
Evidence is evidence. Please contradict . The 400,000 spent by the DUP was donated by a third party and to be spent OUTSIDE NI. Contrary to any election norms. Legal maybe, moral and in keeping with the spirit of electral funding... Certainly NOT. Oh by the way they did get their 13K kickback, after the event. But since it was accounted for it must be OK.

• Agree

Advertisers