Brexit, for once some facts.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
No you didnt. Only person who has proved anyone a liar is snowflecc, and it was himself.
I've showed that you lied and posted where it was and what the lie was, but you were too much of a coward to acknowledge and admit that you edited my post content.

• Agree
Reactions: oldgroaner

Fingers

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 9, 2016
Wrong again Zlatan!

OK now prove to me that I DID post that this site had has a Million people view it as Fingers keeps asserting.

You simply can't, I never said that, HE DID and he lied

I posted the information for you to check, didn't you read it?

What is the problem with you? still trying to be annoying for some reason?
Don't you think you would be better employed trying to debate Brexit? or is a case of the truth is you have given it up as a lost cause?
I could find the hilarious posts. I really could. Such innocent times.

But you are in the same bin as snow flecc finds himself in. Once I prove without doubt you are a liar who speaks nonsense I stop trying to help. And this is coming from someone who lives to give.

We all know you thought that you had hundreds of thousands of subscribers, we all know you think GCHQ monitors this site.

You know we know.

That’s enough for me

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Absolutely spot on. Thank you for posting.

The drama posits that the amount of radiation the helicopter pilots experienced made them lose control.

Nothing wrong there.

More evidence to prove that the film makers were scalpel like in following what actually happened.
Nothing wrong there? as long as you accept it's simply fiction
the film makers simply altered the facts to suit themselves.
What's the point of pretending to make a documentary that is simply a work of fiction?
Why didn't they show what really happened?
That's the trouble with the media, it utterly lacks integrity

• :D
Reactions: Fingers

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Reactions: flecc

Fingers

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 9, 2016
The one I posted was the second source saying episode 1, so nothing to apologise for. I merely reported what I'd seen previously and from the search.

But which episode is immaterial to the inaccuracy of that drama's account of the incident.

You haven’t seen the series so commenting on it’s inaccuracies makes you, as Donald J Trump would say, a stone cold loser.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
I could find the hilarious posts. I really could. Such innocent times.

But you are in the same bin as snow flecc finds himself in. Once I prove without doubt you are a liar who speaks nonsense I stop trying to help. And this is coming from someone who lives to give.

We all know you thought that you had hundreds of thousands of subscribers, we all know you think GCHQ monitors this site.

You know we know.

That’s enough for me
You said this
"I could find the hilarious posts. I really could. Such innocent times."

I actually did and reposted them today, proving you a liar

• :D
  • Disagree
Reactions: Zlatan and Fingers

Fingers

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 9, 2016
Except it apparently happened two weeks (or so) later.

The compression of time is part of making drama. The facts remain though.

It’s the same as the dialogue. We don’t know what people actually said as they are dead. But the last episode faithfully admits this and includes what facts snow fleccs favourite administration allowed to be kept plus included actual archive.

Everyone with a brain accepts this piece of tv has been groundbreaking for the genre.

It’s also amazingly accurate.

Not to the font of all knowledge on here though. He read a book about it once.

I’m just surprised Stockholm Paddy isn’t a bigger expert tbh.

gray198

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 4, 2012
There you go again with your assumptions, I'm not in any way defending communism on this issue. Rather than rely on the makers of drama, I'm just posting from the knowledge of those Westerners who were there coping with the situation and Western subsequent information from documentary and written sources. All of that is at odds with much in that Chernobyl drama.
I have to say that watching that series, that they must have had expert help to contain the situation. A point that was not made. It showed them as completely incompetent and overwhelmed with the problem they had created. They had no idea what to do, so as Flecc says there must have been western help

• Agree

50Hertz

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 2, 2019

Fingers

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 9, 2016
I have to say that watching that series, that they must have had expert help to contain the situation. A point that was not made. It showed them as completely incompetent and overwhelmed with the problem they had created. They had no idea what to do, so as Flecc says there must have been western help

Yes there was. West Germany helped. But it didn’t do much good.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I’m just surprised Stockholm Paddy isn’t a bigger expert tbh.
That Stockholm reference is rather funny, considering that Sweden revealed the Chernobyl accident to the world on the 28th April, two days after the disaster. Rather exposing just another of the drama's lies about the event being kept from the world for so long.

Especially since Ronald Reagan addressed the matter five days after the accident on 3rd May. Apparently the day before his address the United States had specialized knowledge of the equipment involved, radiation levels, and difficulties for ending the continuing fires at the Chernobyl plant.

Quite a lot for something supposedly kept secret from the world by the Soviets.

There's lies, damn lies and drama.

• Agree

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
They had massive help for years. The western medics alone were there long after treating the over 10,000 children who contracted thyroid cancer from the radioactive iodine 108 exposure, from that source almost unique to the under 21s. Fortunately almost always curable and only six of those children eventually died.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Yes there was. West Germany helped. But it didn’t do much good.
There was a huge amount of help from a number of countries, the USA in particular with nuclear experts and numerous medics. And as I've just posted, it helped some 10,000 children to live.

Hardly "didnt do much good".

• Agree

Fingers

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 9, 2016
That Stockholm reference is rather funny, considering that Sweden revealed the Chernobyl accident to the world on the 28th April, two days after the disaster. Rather exposing just another of the drama's lies about the event being kept from the world for so long.

Especially since Ronald Reagan addressed the matter five days after the accident on 3rd May. Apparently the day before his address the United States had specialized knowledge of the equipment involved, radiation levels, and difficulties for ending the continuing fires at the Chernobyl plant.

Quite a lot for something supposedly kept secret from the world by the Soviets.

There's lies, damn lies and drama.

Hang on a minute snow flecc.

You said today. And I quote.

“It was grossly exaggerated rubbish, much of it completely untrue. The West knew of it happening immediately and Reagon promptly offered US scientific and medical help which was provided on a massive scale, supplemented with much help from other countries.”

What’s true? This post or that post. They seem slightly different?

The drama made clear in episode 2 that it was Sweden making their children stay indoors that prompted the high level Russians to realise what was actually going on.

But anyway.

It seems you have been caught in a lie again.

You said Reagon (sic) knew immediately. Now you are saying the Swedes knew after 2 days and he knew after 5? Hardly immediately?

According to the tv series you haven’t seen they rejected help at first. And second.

You sure this book you read wasn’t a Mr Men book?

Fingers

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 9, 2016
There was a huge amount of help from a number of countries, the USA in particular with nuclear experts and numerous medics. And as I've just posted, it helped some 10,000 children to live.

Hardly "didnt do much good".

Yes, but we were talking about the TV series.

The time frame is important.

Watch it and come back to me. Then we can discuss it. At the moment you are being foolish.

• Disagree
  • Agree
Reactions: Zlatan and flecc

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Indeed, as I've been saying in eleven posts since May 18th when most were calling him a loser.

Hardly surprising though, my judgement is invariably right. :p
I didn't call him a loser but he can't win without the support of Nigel Farage.

• Agree

Advertisers