Brexit, for once some facts.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
You said Reagon (sic) knew immediately. Now you are saying the Swedes knew after 2 days and he knew after 5? Hardly immediately?
That was as good as immediately in terms of that accident, please stop splitting hairs to get yourself off the hook.

You know nothimg about that accident or what followed other than what you've seen in that drama, as you've shown only too clearly in your posts.

I'm someone with a special interest, having worked in associated subjects and on UKAEA premises and possessing a Home Office licence to keep and use radioactive isotopes for over 22 years to 1995. Out of that interest I closely followed the subject of the Chernobyl accident and its consequences at that RBMK reactor station for many years.

I've even had an external chest tumour removed in the 1990s, that caused by working with isotopes. That had steadily grown since the late 1970s, another cause of my interest in the Chernobyl consequences.

Not exactly reading one book.

Fingers

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 9, 2016
That was as good as immediately in terms of that accident, please stop splitting hairs to get yourself off the hook.

You know nothimg about that accident or what followed other than what you've seen in that drama, as you've shown only too clearly in your posts.

I'm someone with a special interest, having worked in associated subjects and on UKAEA premises and possessing a Home Office licence to keep and use radioactive isotopes for over 22 years to 1995. Out of that interest I closely followed the subject of the Chernobyl accident and its consequences at that RBMK reactor station for many years.

I've even had an external chest tumour removed in the 1990s, that caused by working with isotopes. That had steadily grown since the late 1970s, another cause of my interest in the Chernobyl consequences.

Not exactly reading one book.

No, no, no.

You pretended to have seen the tv series and poured scorn on it despite not seeing it.

You lied.

And you lied again.

I’m glad you are alive and recovered. Seriously.

But I will not tolerate lies.

You have been caught out too many times. Stubborn is fine. But being a fool isn’t. Even I admit when I’m wrong. And I do.

Stop lying. Watch the series. Make your own mind up. I dare say out of many people living today you may have one of the best platforms to approach and appreciate it with.

But please flecc. I’m not an idiot. Don’t take me for one.

• Dislike
  • Agree
Reactions: Zlatan and Wicky

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
You pretended to have seen the tv series and poured scorn on it despite not seeing it.

You lied.

At no time did I say I'd seen the series or pretended to, so I didn't lie. There's so much information on it online and videos of parts, I didn't have to see the series to know of a number of errors.

I know you aren't an idiot, haven't I posted a day or so ago that I considered you intelligent?

But you shouldn't keep assuming things you couldn't possibly know about me and what I know or believe. And the silly insults do you no credit. We can have intelligent conversations without them.

• Disagree
Reactions: Zlatan

Fingers

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 9, 2016
I didn't call him a loser but he can't win without the support of Nigel Farage.

I really can’t see that happening.

I reckon, and I did say this before so forgive me. A.n other wins Tory election. Probably Johnson. But maybe not. Willem Defoe on permanent acid flash back did do well. He could be the new Clegg. But let’s not pretend that Johnson smashes it with the blue rinse brigade. So in a two horse race he wins.

He gets nothing substantial back from the EU. He will get a sop no doubt. But probably not enough to claim victory and certainly not enough to get anyone who isn’t Tory to vote for him in the commons. So he calls a General Election.

Due to his vanity and Farage he runs on no deal. He has to.

Corbyn the fool will be forced to offer a second referendum or confirmatory referendum.

And this will be the battle ground.

I couldn’t call that. A battle of ineptitude will follow.

Though labour have everything else going for them bar Brexit.

I’m still not sure Corbyn can get it over the line.

Fingers

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 9, 2016
At no time did I say I'd seen the series or pretended to, so I didn't lie. There's so much information on it online and videos of parts, I didn't have to see the series to know of a number of errors.

I know you aren't an idiot, haven't I posted a day or so ago that I considered you intelligent?

But you shouldn't keep assuming things you couldn't possibly know about me and what I know or believe. And the silly insults do you no credit. We can have intelligent conversations without them.

You did. You rubbished it as no more than a tv drama. You implied you had seen it. You said it grossly exaggerated facts. Despite not having seen a frame. Nonsense.

Anyway, with respect. I don’t need to know your affirmation that I am intelligent. That is beyond patronising.

I’m sorry flecc. But I have decided to take a firm line with you and groaner. You talk an awful lot of nonsense. You called me a liar because of my profession.

It’s high time you get called on lies and taken to task on insults.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Thanks, but it was never dangerous which is why I kept it on as it grew in very interesting ways over the years.

It was caused by polonium 210, the substance that killed Alexander Livinenko, but that was because he took it internally.

Externally its alpha particles are too large and too slow at some 44,000 ft/second to readily penetrate the dead outer skin layer our bodies have.

I actually provoked the tumour in an experiment out of interest, but then I am someone who's volunteered four times as a guinea pig for chemical and germ warfare experiments at Porton Down. And watched my own open abdomen hernia operation without general anaesthetic.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
You did. You rubbished it as no more than a tv drama. You implied you had seen it. You said it grossly exaggerated facts. Despite not having seen a frame. Nonsense.

Anyway, with respect. I don’t need to know your affirmation that I am intelligent. That is beyond patronising.

I’m sorry flecc. But I have decided to take a firm line with you and groaner. You talk an awful lot of nonsense. You called me a liar because of my profession.

It’s high time you get called on lies and taken to task on insults.
Oh dear, a firm line. You really are a pompous twerp.

• Agree
  • Disagree
Reactions: Zlatan and Fingers

Fingers

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 9, 2016
Thanks, but it was never dangerous which is why I kept it on as it grew in very interesting ways over the years.

It was caused by polonium 210, the substance that killed Alexander Livinenko, but that was because he took it internally.

Externally its alpha particles are too large and too slow at some 44,000 ft/second to readily penetrate the dead outer skin layer our bodies have.

I actually provoked the tumour in an experiment out of interest, but then I am someone who's volunteered four times as a guinea pig for chemical and germ warfare experiments at Porton Down. And watched my own open abdomen hernia operation without general anaesthetic.

Oh dear. You really believe you are a super hero.

I have played league football against David Beckham. I have international stats in cricket. Both bowling and batting.

I have won a BAFTA. And a Golden Nymph.

But it’s true. I never let a tumour grow on me. I’m not that brave or stupid.

You win.

• Dislike
Reactions: flecc

jonathan.agnew

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 27, 2018
Its all rather pointless. We are getting May back, just the male version with loppy blonde hair.
Indeed. And remember you and leavers like you are the architects of this pointless self destructive little psychodrama a.k.a brexit. The fact that you seem inapable of anything other than trolling here is therefore utterly unsurprising.

Fingers

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 9, 2016
Indeed. And remember you and leavers like you are the architects of this pointless self destructive little psychodrama a.k.a brexit. The fact that you seem inapable of anything other than trolling here is therefore utterly unsurprising.

Please.

We know who you were. You had to change your moniker so you can lurk again with your poison

You were found out before.

It's not forgotten you are a liar.

jonathan.agnew

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 27, 2018
Oh dear. You really believe you are a super hero.

I have played league football against David Beckham. I have international stats in cricket. Both bowling and batting.

I have won a BAFTA. And a Golden Nymph.

But it’s true. I never let a tumour grow on me. I’m not that brave or stupid.

You win.
No, no, no.

You lied.

And you lied again.

But I will not tolerate lies.

You have been caught out too many times. Stubborn is fine. But being a fool isn’t. Even I admit when I’m wrong. And I do.

Stop lying. Watch the series. Make your own mind up. I dare say out of many people living today you may have one of the best platforms to approach and appreciate it with.

Take it from me. You are a complete idiot. And anyone who skimmed the previous few pages would consider that a very generous assessment.

Fingers

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 9, 2016
Take it from me. You are a complete idiot. And anyone who skimmed the previous few pages would consider that a very generous assessment.

That's pretty brutal.

But from you I'd take it

I hold you in the lowest regard on here.

No joke...

There is only one person in here I have genuine distaste too. And guess what!

It's you.

The others I disagree with have my respect.

You do not.

Liar.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
The compression of time is part of making drama. The facts remain though.

It’s the same as the dialogue. We don’t know what people actually said as they are dead. But the last episode faithfully admits this and includes what facts snow fleccs favourite administration allowed to be kept plus included actual archive.

Everyone with a brain accepts this piece of tv has been groundbreaking for the genre.

It’s also amazingly accurate.

Not to the font of all knowledge on here though. He read a book about it once.

I’m just surprised Stockholm Paddy isn’t a bigger expert tbh.
Boring rubbish post as usual from the resident proven liar.

Last edited:

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Please.

We know who you were. You had to change your moniker so you can lurk again with your poison

You were found out before.

It's not forgotten you are a liar.
How could you know that anyone else it a liar when you can't see you are one despite proof??

• Disagree

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Cut the lad some slack, after all, if you hated the Tories , but had to hold your nose and accept Boris is likely to become prime minister, your vote to leave had brought this about, and your precious Brexit was in his utterly untrustworthy and incompetent hands, what else is there to do but cavort about trying to be annoying to people who had more sense that to make such a clearly poor choice?

You have to find an outlet for your disappointment somewhere and someone else to blame.

After all it's not as if he can advance any argument in favour of Brexit is it?
Nobody else has managed to pull that miracle off.
Not even the ones who led the leave campaign!

Advertisers