Brexit, for once some facts.

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
Absolutely.

Write any old ball ocks. And when it’s proven to be incorrect or lies just gang up on the truthsayer.

You should be grateful to have someone like me around. A benevolent leader. A superior being who deigns to answer your lies and insults.

Was it not Gabriel who when asked, what is the worst thing about being banished from heaven, he said. God doesn’t talk to me anymore.

Be careful what you wish for Tom.
You are wasting your time with them Fingers. Better to walk away and leave them to rumage in their self created misery.
But I totally agree with you.

Reactions: daveboy and Fingers

wheeler

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 4, 2016
Scotland
isn't this something to do with devolution where the Westminster government has the final say whether an independence referendum can be carried out.
You are partially correct in that constitutional matters are reserved to Westminster and a referendum under the Scotland Act would require an order under Section 30 of that Act.
However, unlike the UK where parliament is sovereign, in Scotland the people are sovereign, so if sufficient numbers of Scots vote for parties supporting independence a referendum can be held without a Sect. 30 order, will of the people and all that.
It is not necessary for Scots to "be given a chance" by their Imperial masters. :)

Fingers

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 9, 2016
You are partially correct in that constitutional matters are reserved to Westminster and a referendum under the Scotland Act would require an order under Section 30 of that Act.
However, unlike the UK where parliament is sovereign, in Scotland the people are sovereign, so if sufficient numbers of Scots vote for parties supporting independence a referendum can be held without a Sect. 30 order, will of the people and all that.
It is not necessary for Scots to "be given a chance" by their Imperial masters. :)
Again. Wrong

They can have as many votes as they want

But they are not binding. They've used them in the past to test the water. They mean nothing.

Westminster has the power.

wheeler

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 4, 2016
Scotland
They had their vote. There are no do overs in referendums like that. That’s why the vote is so important and you look at all the facts before you cast your vote.
Wrong, a material change of circumstance (Brexit) or the will of the Scots electorate is sufficient for another referendum

They will have to wait a couple of generations before they get another chance. The SNP would be better off concentrating running the country. Their education and health policies are amongst the worst in the EU.
Where did you get this nonsense?

wheeler

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 4, 2016
Scotland
Again. Wrong
You certainly are, as I've told you before, you're not often right but you're wrong again.

But they are not binding. They've used them in the past to test the water. They mean nothing.
You think we've had non-binding referendums in Scotland in order to test the water, I must have missed those, do tell us more.
I do however,remember a binding referendum to keep Scottish Water in public ownership.

Westminster has the power.
Which part of "constitutional matters are reserved to Westminster" did you fail to understand.

Fingers

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 9, 2016
Wrong, a material change of circumstance (Brexit) or the will of the Scots electorate is sufficient for another referendum

Where did you get this nonsense?

I'm terribly sorry but that is their manifesto.

It means nothing in Westminster law.

Best they can do as always is what's called and advisory vote.

Seriously mate.

Don't be as thick as the old boys.

Fingers

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 9, 2016
You certainly are, as I've told you before, you're not often right but you're wrong again.

You think we've had non-binding referendums in Scotland in order to test the water, I must have missed those, do tell us more.
I do however,remember a binding referendum to keep Scottish Water in public ownership.

Which part of "constitutional matters are reserved to Westminster" did you fail to understand.

You have.

You really want me to show you when you had pretend votes?

Or do you want to find it yourself?

Fingers

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 9, 2016
This is what you have legally my scotch friend.

[/URL]

Note the word advisory. It only becomes real if Westminster says so.

I'm quite sure you had them in the 70's and 80's but nobody cared.

I'm also sure your leader. The convicted sex offender. Not brave heart. But Alex. Had them in the 90's too.

What is it with you and following sex offenders?

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
What’s that got to do with the price of deep fried Mars Bars?

Dan said no nation in the EU 27 would have. Key word have. Vetoed Scotland during their referendum.

He was wrong. I corrected him.

If I hadn’t then it completely changes the narrative. Dan is probably the cleverest man I’ve ever known. But even he wouldn’t want a mistruth to get through.

I’m not saying he was lying like I would accuse others on here. He was merely wrong.

I’m sure he will be happy to admit this.
I try not to make mistakes and do attempt to correct those I do make, Except you were wrong. .. show any statement in which the Spanish person , in a position of influence said they would veto . Oh by the way an interpretation or a comment by a third party does not count... I am sure your journalist integrity or ethics would preclude such false news.

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
Talk about reaching.

Why can none of you stubborn old fools ever admit you’re wrong? I guess it must be an age thing. Although looking at all your responses and actions I’d say it’s a specific failed character trait. Others can do it.

I have shown you up as an utter fool on here before Dan. I get very little pleasure from it. Remember your whole nonsense about journalists and their sources? And how you left the forum for a couple of weeks due to the shame of being made to look an utter fool?

You think I get pleasure from burying someone so easy? Christ I don’t even use my golden shovel. You dig your own holes.

Tragic really.

Still. You’re right. In your mind.

That’s what counts eh.
The age thing is probably related to checking sources and having greater discernment etc. When I was a younger person, I would read a textbooks text only. Now I find myself reading the authors preface ,and possibly bio ..its amazing what extra facts and insights come to light.

jonathan.agnew

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 27, 2018
Absolutely.

Write any old ball ocks. And when it’s proven to be incorrect or lies just gang up on the truthsayer.

You should be grateful to have someone like me around. A benevolent leader. A superior being who deigns to answer your lies and insults.

Was it not Gabriel who when asked, what is the worst thing about being banished from heaven, he said. God doesn’t talk to me anymore.

Make that narcissistic personality disorder. Seriously, you should lighten up. Life doesnt have to be thiss tormented.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Talk about reaching.

Why can none of you stubborn old fools ever admit you’re wrong? I guess it must be an age thing. Although looking at all your responses and actions I’d say it’s a specific failed character trait. Others can do it.

I have shown you up as an utter fool on here before Dan. I get very little pleasure from it. Remember your whole nonsense about journalists and their sources? And how you left the forum for a couple of weeks due to the shame of being made to look an utter fool?

You think I get pleasure from burying someone so easy? Christ I don’t even use my golden shovel. You dig your own holes.

Tragic really.

Still. You’re right. In your mind.

That’s what counts eh.
the only person you have ever shown up here is yourself, and no one is impressed with your juvenile insults.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Absolutely.

You appear to be "leading" a rout on here, not a single one of you quitlings can give a coherent reason Brexit will be anything other than a disaster.

How mant times do I have to prove you a liar before it penetrates?
And now you compare yourself to the mythical Angel Gabriel?

Have you always been like this? or just since realising you had put your cross in the wrong box at the referedum and felt ashamed of yourself?

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
You are wasting your time with them Fingers. Better to walk away and leave them to rumage in their self created misery.
But I totally agree with you.
What a comic you are! how dare you post this after what you did?

"You are wasting your time with them Fingers. Better to walk away and leave them to rumage in their self created misery."

Who voted to create the misery?
You did!
And now you want to blame people who didn't create it?
Brexit and the consequences from it are entirely the responsibility of those who voted for it
Your mess not ours.

Instead of trying to shrug off the blame, shouldn't you be doing something positive about your mess?
Clean up after you.

Last edited:

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
And let's not forget that Boris has already shown his true colours by backing down last night on two policies
Hard Brexit
Tax cuts for the Rich.
Next move once he's installed as Prime Minister ,invite Farage in to take the blame
All of them are terrified of a General Election.

• Agree
Reactions: Woosh

Advertisers