Brexit, for once some facts.

Fingers

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 9, 2016
I suspect that you may be correct. flecc being wrong is totally unthinkable.

If you have an afternoon snooze after Sunday luncheon and a couple of drinks and you have dream where Flecc is wrong you make sure you log on here and apologise to him upon waking.

• :D
Reactions: 50Hertz

OxygenJames

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 8, 2012
If you have an afternoon snooze after Sunday luncheon and a couple of drinks and you have dream where Flecc is wrong you make sure you log on here and apologise to him upon waking.
There are only two things you can be sure of in life:

1) You exist.
2) Flecc is never wrong.

Thanks.

You're welcome.

• Dislike
Reactions: robdon

jonathan.agnew

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 27, 2018
It's really not a leftist plot and we have more than a clue what happened due to evidence. I totally understand how the Mail and Telegraph will spin it as such but these people did not invent this. Also it's important to keep to the facts. They called the police first. Not the Guardian. And, very importantly two other neighbours were about to call the police. Another knocked to make sure they were ok.

This divorcee guy who is going through another divorce is living in a posh bolt hole with his young girlfriend. Rowing with her to the extant that the police had to be called. Think about that. He is in her tiny flat as he has no other home. He didn't leave the F.O official home for a month or two after he was sacked as he was not welcome at his family home. He had nowhere else to go. The guy is a shambles.

How anyone can defend this as it's not our business or it's a trap has their head in the sand. Senior tories are even saying that he needs to explain what happened. He isn't a private person anymore. Hasn't been for years. You want to run for the highest public office? You are now public property. Thems the rules.

He can't even dress himself properly. Is this a good thing @OxygenJames ?

I'm afraid you're all being played, as usual. Dont take it badly, its the way of the world. Boris is a weapons grade calamity and tory hq knows. as someone on the left of the political spectrum, i am desperate for a boris premiership. he will complete the work may left incomplete: burying the tories for a generation and leaving a dwindling embarrassed minority of xenophobic brexiteers looking increasingly as silly as everyone except them know they are.

Nev

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 1, 2018
North Wales
Why I wonder has the recording of the BJ argument not been released say on the Guardian web site? If it contains the information that has been reported then the BJ gang must surely be worried that it might soon be released.

Nev

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 1, 2018
North Wales
If the recording does contain what is alleged then I think the Guardian missed a trick here. No mention of the tape should have been made, BJ and his supporters would then have down played the incident and just described it as a tiny little tiff with no shouting or anything like that.

The Guardian could then have played the tape and shown once again what a liar BJ and his supporters are.

Reactions: robdon and oyster

Nev

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 1, 2018
North Wales
Did anyone see L. Fox on the Marr show this morning. I was extremely surprised with how candid he was, Marr even thanked him for being so frank. I have never seen Fox being so honest about Brexit, what on earth is going on, is he finally after 3 years starting to realise how dangerous a no deal Brexit could be?

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
I'm afraid you're all being played, as usual. Dont take it badly, its the way of the world. Boris is a weapons grade calamity and tory hq knows. as someone on the left of the political spectrum, i am desperate for a boris premiership. he will complete the work may left incomplete: burying the tories for a generation and leaving a dwindling embarrassed minority of xenophobic brexiteers looking increasingly as silly as everyone except them know they are.
Two trucking Foo!

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Did anyone see L. Fox on the Marr show this morning. I was extremely surprised with how candid he was, Marr even thanked him for being so frank. I have never seen Fox being so honest about Brexit, what on earth is going on, is he finally after 3 years starting to realise how dangerous a no deal Brexit could be?
More likely how dangerous Bannon's pet dog will be!
Who knows what he will tell Boris to do, after all he owns Lord Nigel as well.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I suspect that you may be correct. flecc being wrong is totally unthinkable.
I don't know that it's unthinkable, but I have on a number of occasions in my near 13 years in this pedelecs site apologised when I've got something wrong. I've even apologised when I've been right but have inadvertently upset another member in expressing that.

Reactions: robdon and 50Hertz

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
I don't know that it's unthinkable, but I have on a number of occasions in my near 13 years in this pedelecs site apologised when I've got something wrong. I've even apologised when I've been right but have inadvertently upset another member in expressing that.
I don't hold with that ! stick to the fact that they have confirmed many times this very day
There are only two things you can be sure of in life:

1) You exist.
2) Flecc is never wrong.

And if the Three Stooges tribute act say that, it must be true

• :D
Reactions: robdon and flecc

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
If the recording does contain what is alleged then I think the Guardian missed a trick here. No mention of the tape should have been made, BJ and his supporters would then have down played the incident and just described it as a tiny little tiff with no shouting or anything like that.

The Guardian could then have played the tape and shown once again what a liar BJ and his supporters are.
Good technique really to sow doubt but not confirm it, rather in the nature of tossing the pin from a grenade onto the table at a juncket for toffs, then starting to count down from ten.
Imagine the tension among the Tory membership .
They will play safe and choose t'other fella , you know the one ,his parents spelled his name wrong of the Birth Certificate

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
1) You exist.
2) Flecc is never wrong.
I exist for the moment, and not too much longer.

And as for 2), as well as the occasional error I post inaccurate information in here at times deliberately.

As for example when I expressed the oft used water analogy to explain something electrical to a member who admitted to being a complete dunce in the subject. A scientist member immediately posted that the analogy was inaccurate which of course I knew. What he didn't appreciate that being somewhat wrong was to serve a purpose to give someone sufficient information to understand within their abilities.

And Danidl's mention of vinyl above is another example of my being wrong, in that case technically by saying vinyl was superior to digital CDs. Of course the CD is technically more accurate. What Danidl and many like him cannot grasp is that the aurally received music from vinyl can be superior to those who can hear that superiority. I'm genuinely sorry that they cannot hear that, since they are missing something in life.

Fingers

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 9, 2016

Its under a legal process atm. I'm sure it will come out though.

I quite like it hanging over him tbh. It means the story is still vedy, vedy live.

It doesn't have to be The Guardian that leaks it. They could send it to a friend who accidentally puts it up on his twitter feed for 1 minute then deletes it but then it goes viral.

Oops.

Reactions: Nev and robdon

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
Lest we forget, BJ has now had to make entries in the register of interests which are highlighted as being late, no less than ten times.

Anyone know why The Bristol Port Company would want to give him twenty-five grand just the other week? As in this recent entry:

Name of donor: First Corporate Shipping Limited trading as The Bristol Port Company
Address of donor: Level 8, 71 Queen Victoria Street, London EC4V 4AY
Amount of donation: £25,000
Date received: 22 May 2019
Date accepted: 22 May 2019
Donor status: company, registration 2542406 (Registered 17 June 2019)

ADDED:

Foreign Secretary Jeremy Hunt’s largest donation was £25,000 on May 22 from First Corporate Shipping, according to the register of MPs’ interests. First Corporate Shipping is the trading name of Bristol Port, which is co-owned by Tory donors Terence Mordaunt and Sir David Ord.

I see! Buy the influence whoever wins.

• Informative
Reactions: robdon and flecc

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
No-one in here should ever feel the need to apologise to me, expecially if they've been drinking.

There was a time long ago in the early years of this site when this was a very polite forum. Here's an example on the link below when three of us were apologising to each other, rather like the way we say sorry when someone else bumps into us:

Post link

Fingers

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 9, 2016
!
No-one in here should ever feel the need to apologise to me, expecially if they've been drinking.

There was a time long ago in the early years of this site when this was a very polite forum. Here's an example on the link below when three of us were apologising to each other, rather like the way we say sorry when someone else bumps into us:

Post link

Thats 11 years ago.

I can't remember what I did in real life 11 years ago let alone on a forum.

Wow. Thats pretty insane I have to say.

Advertisers