Brexit, for once some facts.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Of course he can be heard...the person they were protesting about had gone.I'm pretty sure the volume would have increased for Boris.
then he would have had the audience's sympathy if he were downed out by the protesters.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Some years ago, Sainsbury opened a large store local to me. I found shopping there was a pain for many reasons. Ranging from a car park which seemed to let in more vehicles than there are parking places, how far you have to walk, a row of forty (or some other large number) of tills with only three in use, the least good bakery goods section of all the supermarkets, and on.

We ended up finding Lidl so much more convenient - until it got busy.

Before we left, it was Waitrose in the next town in any direction or Lidl locally. Occasionally Tesco or Morrisons.

Now we go round all the ones we have - Tesco, Lidl, Aldi, Morrisons and M&S - each has strengths and weaknesses. But we can actually get round ALL of them in less time than it used to take us just going to one. (We don't actually actually visit every single one - more a case of we could and have done once or twice.) And we do use local shops as well.
Horses for courses, my situation is very much the opposite The large more distant Sainsburys is the best of the lot, always with plenty of spaces in its huge parking area, while the local Aldi and Lidl are a parking nightmare, far more cars than places and tailbacks into the roads causing local traffic jams.

It's hardly surprising that Sainsburys in Surrey is so good, it serves Warlingham, distinctly upper crust, and Woldingham which is also known as millionaires row and said to have the highest concentration of millionaires than anywhere else in the country. One needs to have a few millions to buy a good property there. Information link

Reactions: oyster

gray198

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 4, 2012
Seems the way in UK at moment, knock and destroy what we have but offer no alternative. Exactly who or what do those protesters want in charge. Its the politics of what we dont want, all the time. And I mean that from both sides of argument.
Maybe we should protest with banners saying "******* to Europe"

Reactions: Zlatan

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Maybe we should protest with banners saying "******* to Europe"
why can't we be honest with ourselves, have a hard border in NI or at least, accept the principle of it?

• Agree
Reactions: flecc

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Which one. Had you had one to requote you would have done so at time. You always requote me at every possible opportunity. Go back and find it. You are lying or deluded.
I have never ever said anything approaching I would benefit from "neat deals." Its not my style at all.
I wondered at time where on earth as that come from. I dont think anyone said it either. Its in your head OG. You dreamt it.
No, I really do remember that exchange

Last edited:

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
He could simply take part for a couple of minutes and apologise to the TV audience that he can't be heard with all the noise.
But he wouldn't have been able to play the "Woe is me, the big bullies are picking on pathetic little me" ploy
Rather comical when he is in a country with a population the size of Reading :D
Apparently the hulk is really the big green Giant.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
why can't we be honest with ourselves, have a hard border in NI or at least, accept the principle of it?
Absolutely, our leaving the EU makes it a de facto hard border, regardless of any Good Friday agreement. Leaving the EU means that agreement will have to change, either in fact or in interpretation.

• Agree
Reactions: oldgroaner

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
True. But that's a no deal Brexit
the question of border will have to be part of any deal and addressed after we leave, regardless of which way.

gray198

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 4, 2012
There is a problem with us small European countries, we no longer know our place. We joined an organisation which allows us to speak,without being told by our betters when to speak,and we have this concept called democracy and free speech. Now the Luxembourg PM does not dictate how the press corps behave.. remember these people knew BJ as a colleague ,valued or otherwise.. perhaps that tells you something.
In the case of the Irish visit, what discourteous behaviour did our Leo engage in with his less than smartly dressed guest, other than display a better understanding of classical Greek mythology? Whatever else our Leo is no daw,as we say, . You don't get to do Medicine in TCD ,without top A levels or a full 580 out of 600 LC points. Being the class eejit, does not count.
Maybe we should treat Leo Veruca the same when he comes over here. It seems that anything is acceptable in the eyes of the remainers when it comes to trying to humiliate the UK over us wanting our freedom from the euromafia. I'm surprised Boris has not woken up to find a horses head on his pillow. I'm sure you would find that very amusing

Fingers

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 9, 2016
The Lib Dems are made up of one nation Tories and ultra Blairite Labour.

They are not Democrats and not Liberal.

They are like the yang to The Brexit Party's Ying.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
They are not Democrats and not Liberal.
they are conservative and blairite.
what's wrong with that?
medium tax take, pro green, pro public spending.
pretty bearable? no?

• Agree
Reactions: Nev

Fingers

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 9, 2016
they are conservative and blairite.
what's wrong with that?
medium tax take, pro green, pro public spending.
pretty bearable? no?

You can surely be a one nation Conservative ( not pro public spending, see austerity for the last 9 years ) and an arch late Blairite.

But a Lib Dem at the same time?

I'm finding that one square hard to triangle.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
But a Lib Dem at the same time?
their LibDem policy is simple at the moment: revoke A50.
Their membership is more unanimous on that than Labour and Tories.

• Agree
Reactions: Nev and oldgroaner

Advertisers