Brexit, for once some facts.

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
I totally agree with almost everything you say, I, m such a cad, especially the bit about losing right to comment if you didn't vote. Just remind us how you voted in election or referendum. Oh thats right you didnt. So follow your own advice and shut up. (as you told me to a few days ago)
Think the phrase is mind your pwn fecking business.
Being from a different country, and respectful of the rights for your country to elect its own government,of course I did not vote in YOUR elections. ,I have however voted at every election and referendum in my own country, for the last 50 years,..except on one occasion when I was abroad.
The internal politics of GB is none of my business..and as you note, I have not commented. The business of NI, which is part of the UK is however my business,and I reserve the right to comment and advise.

• Agree
Reactions: Zlatan

50Hertz

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 2, 2019
In your humble opinion perhaps?

We don't know how either would perform yet.
Out the gibberish, gobbledegook, indecision, and fag-packet-on the hoof economics that Labour were talking on the run up to the election, I deduced that they were going to nick my houses and steal my investments. Not right wing media, this is what I could pick out of their interviews / policies.

I’m not thrilled by the Tories, but at least I can now get some houses built on my plot, knowing that Diane Abbott isn’t going to give them away for me.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Yes, thats why we vote tho flecc. To see which opinion is the majority. Tories achieved 3 votes to Labours 2.
Irrelevant reply. That still doesn't tell us how either party would perform, which is what I posted about.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I deduced that they were going to nick my houses and steal my investments.

I’m not thrilled by the Tories, but at least I can now get some houses built on my plot, knowing that Diane Abbott isn’t going to give them away for me.
That's your reading.

As for giving away houses, I remember Tory Margaret Thatcher giving away at a fraction of their value the many hundreds of thousands of council homes that we who had bought our own homes had also jointly bought through taxation. That was theft on a massive scale, leaving the way clear for councils to build more with our money with the same right to purchase cheap still in place.

If old enough at the time you were just as much a victim of that, but of course it wasn't Labour that did it so that's apparently ok with you.

Reactions: POLLY

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Out the gibberish, gobbledegook, indecision, and fag-packet-on the hoof economics that Labour were talking on the run up to the election, I deduced that they were going to nick my houses and steal my investments. Not right wing media, this is what I could pick out of their interviews / policies.

So you sacrificed the future of the nation to protect your wallet in the short term.
I believe I did mention that before

• Disagree
Reactions: 50Hertz

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
The farmers are to be given £3 BN to help them cover their losses after Brexit
What kind of Government goes ahead with a policy intended to ruin the Farmers to the point where they have to be subsidised?
And what does that say for the long term future of Agriculture in this country?

• Informative
Reactions: POLLY and flecc

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
No, propaganda. The official conservative policy was to Remain in the EU, remember?
Or has History been rewritten already?
most conservative membership were at odd with David Cameron and he knew the danger of offering them a referendum.
And yes, history is rewritten by the victors.

50Hertz

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 2, 2019
That's your reading.

As for giving away houses, I remember Tory Margaret Thatcher giving away at a fraction of their value the many hundreds of thousands of council homes that we who had bought our own homes had also jointly bought through taxation. That was theft on a massive scale, leaving the way clear for councils to build more with our money with the same right to purchase cheap still in place.

If old enough at the time you were just as much a victim of that, but of course it wasn't Labour that did it so that's apparently ok with you.
Yes, I remember Mrs Thatch doing that. It doesn't hurt quite as much as someone giving away houses that you own directly, that have been bought with money that has been earned and taxed and used to pay stamp duty, also money that has been invested to modernise houses to a high standard. The houses that I own are in affect a fair chunk of my bank account and I can't afford to stand back and watch Corbyn & Abbott give my bank accounts away. That's why I had to vote for Johnson. I don't think you would be particularly thrilled if they just came along and emptied a sizeable sum from your accounts?

50Hertz

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 2, 2019
So you sacrificed the future of the nation to protect your wallet in the short term.
I believe I did mention that before
I seem to remember you asking for advice on how to "shelter" your house from care fees. I don't blame you, but the money for care has to come from somewhere and if you don't pay for it with your house, the money has to come out of the public purse, and that means less money for someone else's care who hasn't got a house. We are all as dirty as each other.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I can't afford to stand back and watch Corbyn & Abbott give my bank accounts away. That's why I had to vote for Johnson.
As I said, your reading.

The social policies of both parties are paid for by those like yourself who are better off, whether we like it or not.

In principle this is always wrong, but it's done to create a fairer society. To what degree is a matter for judgment, but at any degree by anyone it is always wrong to take someone's possessions.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
I seem to remember you asking for advice on how to "shelter" your house from care fees. I don't blame you, but the money for care has to come from somewhere and if you don't pay for it with your house, the money has to come out of the public purse, and that means less money for someone else's care who hasn't got a house. We are all as dirty as each other.
Not so care for the elderly should come as a right under the nhs, paid for by taxation.
We all grow old, rich and poor

• Agree
Reactions: POLLY

50Hertz

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 2, 2019
Not so care for the elderly should come as a right under the nhs, paid for by taxation.
We all grow old, rich and poor
I agree, so why say that I am protecting my wallet, and you consider yourself not to be doing so? Why should I vote for Corbyn & Abbott steal my houses to pay for stuff, they should pledge to take it out of taxation as you suggest.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Why should I vote for Corbyn & Abbott steal my houses to pay for stuff, they should pledge to take it out of taxation as you suggest.
Taking your houses would be taxation.

No different from Stamp Duty, Death Duties, Insurance Tax, Unneeded room Tax, Council Tax, all on your properties.

OxygenJames

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 8, 2012
We don't know how either would perform yet.
I think quite a few of us could hazard a pretty accurate guess on how Dianne Abbott would perform. I mean - come on - if OG can predict how the country is going to turn out in 5-10 years time (though he's not willing to put any proper money on it which always makes me wonder...) - then I think we could predict that one Flecc.

OxygenJames

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 8, 2012
Yes, thats why we vote tho flecc. To see which opinion is the majority. Tories achieved 3 votes to Labours 2.
That won't wash with OG though. Nothing washes with that man. Our democracy is not a real democracy according to OG because we have first past the post - which tends to generate clear winners and governments that can get stuff done.

But oh no - according to OG that's not real democracy.

Advertisers