Brexit, for once some facts.

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
EU is out of date... :)

EU demands UK keeps chlorinated chicken ban to get trade deal
Exclusive: clause in negotiating mandate for Michel Barnier will create hurdle to US-UK deal

But I am sure they would also demand a ban on lactic acid chicken.

• Informative
Reactions: flecc

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
Where does the Telegraph recruit it's idiots?
"
Britain should punish the EU's bad faith
Faced with outrageous demands issued by the other side, the UK has every right to play tough

Clearly he Telegraph are working for a no deal brexit
To quote from that:

Johnson will clearly walk away with no FTA rather than accept European Court of Justice (ECJ) oversight and regulatory alignment.

So just what is the oversight and regulatory regime in NI going to be?

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
In the Independent
"
Adults to be automatically enrolled as organ donors under new law

‘Too many people lose their lives waiting for an organ,’ says Matt Hancock

All adults in England will be automatically enrolled as organ donors unless they choose to opt out, under a new law due to come into force in May.

I shall fight this law tooth and nail by choosing not to opt out

The cost of finding anything useful after the appalling state I have got my body into after a lifetime of abuse will render this none productive

Seriously, you would wonder why they don't have published criteria regarding age and condition before bodies enter the category mine is in

Unfit for Human Consumption :rolleyes:

Reactions: oyster

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
In the Independent
"
Adults to be automatically enrolled as organ donors under new law

‘Too many people lose their lives waiting for an organ,’ says Matt Hancock

All adults in England will be automatically enrolled as organ donors unless they choose to opt out, under a new law due to come into force in May.

I shall fight this law tooth and nail by choosing not to opt out

The cost of finding anything useful after the appalling state I have got my body into after a lifetime of abuse will render this none productive

Seriously, you would wonder why they don't have published criteria regarding age and condition before bodies enter the category mine is in

Unfit for Human Consumption :rolleyes:
Already true in Wales. But (in 2017) it appeared not to be having the intended effect:

Wales' organ donation opt-out law has not increased donors

Do you think that chlorination (or lactic acid treatment) would make you safer for consumption? And do you actually have any teeth or nails left?

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Quite a few bodies are needed for surgery training purposes, makes more sense than letting trainees loose on living people after reading the text books.

I remember many years ago to maintain a machine, being lead through a large room at Kings Hospital with bodies laid out either side and being told they were for that purpose. My mother went that way, but my father's body was unsuitable due to the condition he died from.

It's where I'm going too if acceptable, if not it's the barbecue.

Last edited:

jonathan.agnew

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 27, 2018
Quite a few bodies are needed for surgery training purposes, makes more sense than letting trainees loose on living people after reading the text books.

I remember many years ago to maintain a machine, being lead through a large room at Kings Hospital with bodies laid out either side and being told they were for that purpose. My mother went that way, but my father's body was unsuitable due to the condition he died from.

It's where I'm going too if acceptable, if not it's the barbecue.
The older I get, the more squeamish I get. I know this doesnt make rational sense whatsoever, but at 50 I've developed a grudging attachment to this ****** up organic machine I've lived with so long. I dont mind being composted or cremated, but having a bunch of narcissistic surgery interns make snide comments while dissecting it feels too much, a bit like leaving my favourite bike to a yob.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
The older I get, the more squeamish I get. I know this doesnt make rational sense whatsoever, but at 50 I've developed a grudging attachment to this ****** up organic machine I've lived with so long. I dont mind being composted or cremated, but having a bunch of narcissistic surgery interns make snide comments while dissecting it feels too much, a bit like leaving my favourite bike to a yob.
To avoid this feeling, always remember the body isn't you, it's just the packaging that makes you movable. You, the person, are a set of electrical and chemical impulses in the brain. When they cease, you cease to exist. Just as you don't keep and treasure the Amazon cardboard box long after the thing that came in it has been used and disposed of, you don't need to have any regard for your personal packaging which needs no attention.

Just to make this more clear, you were born when the first perception of your consciousness appeared in the womb, and you will die the moment the electrical and chemical activity in your brain ceases. But everything of your body has existed since the Big Bang and will be here until the end of the universe. Remember the golden rule of physics, matter can neither be created nor destroyed, despite all the efforts of burning or burying. We just convert from one state to another and one day far, far into the future, everything that makes up your body will travel in space.

tommie

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 13, 2013
Co. Down, N. Ireland, U.K.
To quote from that:

Johnson will clearly walk away with no FTA rather than accept European Court of Justice (ECJ) oversight and regulatory alignment.

So just what is the oversight and regulatory regime in NI going to be?
Err... oversight and regulatory regime ?!! *snigger*
Won`t be any Boy-yo!!
Do keep up, read what Lewis has declared.
Gov has 80+ majority so will do what it wants - not to the whim of some unelected unaccountable gangsters in the EU

• :D

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Gov has 80+ majority so will do what it wants -
that is plausible, although the withdrawal treaty must be lodged with the UN and BJ is supposed to keep his side of the bargain.

Reactions: oyster

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Err... oversight and regulatory regime ?!! *snigger*
Won`t be any Boy-yo!!
Do keep up, read what Lewis has declared.
Gov has 80+ majority so will do what it wants - not to the whim of some unelected unaccountable gangsters in the EU
Hopefully there are some normal people in Northern Ireland?
This one hasn’t realised Boris has dumped him as inconvenient baggage, not wanted on voyage

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Gov has 80+ majority so will do what it wants
They will do what they've already conceded in the WA that they'll do.

More to the point was Oyster's question:

"So just what is the oversight and regulatory regime in NI going to be? "

N.I. will do as they're told, as the Irish SeaEU/UK border that they insisted they would never accept shows.

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland

N.I. will do as they're told, as the Irish SeaEU/UK border that they insisted they would never accept shows.
Careful Flecc, the only group who were insisting that was one political party. ..the DUP The majority opinion in NI was not in conformance with the DUP.
I appreciate we are again at a phoney war stage ,as the official EU UK negotiations commence, but our outgoing Foreign Minister Simon Coveney said today, that things are looking bleak for any agreement on anything, unless the UK honour the agreement already signed. The lack of infrastructure is worrying, just 10 months out.

Reactions: flecc and oyster

tommie

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 13, 2013
Co. Down, N. Ireland, U.K.

and if they choose not to who is going to do anything about it?

and please keep up with the latest declaration by Lewis, ie `No Border in the Irish Sea`
and as Boris has publicly said any paperwork eu produce within NI has to be `binned` !!

Get used to it losers the tail no longer wags the dog :p

• :D
Reactions: flecc and Zlatan

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
"Get used to it losers the tail no longer wags the dog".. absolutely true , but can you ensure that the DUP gets the message. ?
The DUP made a strategic error in jumping into support of the Tory cause, without checking with their grassroots. They got their answer from the pragmatic farmers and agri workers . Future generations of NI people mightwell be putting statues up for Coveney,for leaving them a lifeline

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015

and please keep up with the latest declaration by Lewis, ie `No Border in the Irish Sea`
and as Boris has publicly said any paperwork eu produce within NI has to be `binned` !!

Tommie, Northern Ireland is the tail, not the dog, and it's about to be docked! :cool:

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales

Has he said that any paperwork required by the EU for exports to NI will not even be sent by the rest of the UK?

Anyway, Johnson is widely acknowledged to be a wholesale liar. Why would anyone believe him?

Last edited:

Advertisers