Brexit, for once some facts.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Has he said that any paperwork required by the EU for will not even be sent by the rest of the UK?

Anyway, Johnson is widely acknowledged to be a wholesale liar. Why would anyone believe him?
They are desperate, like tommie?

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
and please keep up with the latest declaration by Lewis, ie `No Border in the Irish Sea`
I don't waste time on fiction, there is already a de facto border down the Irish Sea, agreed in the WA by the two negotiating bodies authorised to include it, the EU and the UK. N.I. has no authority to vary that and Lewis is just bluffing.

When N.I. tries to export certain items to the mainland UK after December 31st this year when the border activates, they will collide with the realities of that barrier. If we collude with N.I and fail to administer the border, the whole of the UK will suffer the EU's sanctions.

tommie

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 13, 2013
Co. Down, N. Ireland, U.K.
I don't waste time on fiction, there is already a de facto border down the Irish Sea, agreed in the WA by the two negotiating bodies authorised to include it, the EU and the UK. N.I. has no authority to vary that and Lewis is just bluffing.

When N.I. tries to export certain items to the mainland UK after December 31st this year when the border activates, they will collide with the realities of that barrier. If we collude with N.I and fail to administer the border, the whole of the UK will suffer the EU's sanctions.
"the whole of the UK will suffer the EU's sanctions."

Aaahh - ha-ha-ha !!
Wishful and Thinking

Sorry to tell you but your EU ship has sailed!

"Officials in Taskforce Europe, run by Johnson’s EU negotiator David Frost, are working in secret on proposals to ensure that there do not need to be checks on goods passing from Britain to Northern Ireland.

DUP MP Sir Jeffrey Donaldson responded that his party “will welcome any measures to ensure Northern Ireland businesses continue to have unfettered access to the UK single market”.
“There is deadly serious internal work going on about not obeying the Northern Ireland protocol,” a senior source told the Sunday Times. “Taskforce Europe are looking into that. That’s why they had Suella put in there.”
Sir Jeffrey Donaldson told the News Letter that Northern Ireland is “an integral part of the UK and there should be no internal trade borders”.
He added: “Great Britain is Northern Ireland’s main market with 72% of all goods leaving Belfast port destined for Britain. An Irish Sea border will increase costs and will be bad for trade between Great Britain and Northern Ireland."

Sorry losers it`s Put up or Shut up time ;)

• :D
Reactions: flecc

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
working in secret
Just sufficiently unsecret enough for people to put it in newspapers and on forums.

Let us think this through.

a) It really should have been a secret but someone has leaked.
b) It really wasn't a secret and it is being purposefully published (even if in the form of leaks) for some end.
c) It seemed a really good idea to tell everyone about a secret plan so that they can be prepared to react as they think fit when it is put into play.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Officials in Taskforce Europe, run by Johnson’s EU negotiator David Frost, are working in secret on proposals to ensure that there do not need to be checks on goods passing from Britain to Northern Ireland.
that's good news! meaning there will be a deal to keep things like they are.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Well I never

Andrew Neil tells
@MakeUK_
manufacturing conference that 10 Downing Street is happy to see the end of complex, cross-border supply chains after Brexit. `Those days are coming to an end',
@afneil
says Says govt. sees rise of 3D printing, more domestic sourcing as the future

Very droll, and where is the money, organisation, resources and skills to come from, when we couldn't find them before?
If it is as simple as that why haven't we done this already?
And by the by
What the Hell does Andrew Neil know about such things anyway?

• Informative
Reactions: flecc and oyster

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Just sufficiently unsecret enough for people to put it in newspapers and on forums.

Let us think this through.

a) It really should have been a secret but someone has leaked.
b) It really wasn't a secret and it is being purposefully published (even if in the form of leaks) for some end.
c) It seemed a really good idea to tell everyone about a secret plan so that they can be prepared to react as they think fit when it is put into play.
This is the answer

tommie

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 13, 2013
In other news...

That Waste of space Harry arrives back in the UK to talk about the environment - again.... nothing like a bit of virtue signalling eh Megs
How did he get here? - on a kite.?
Err No, First Class, Boeing 747 each way thank-you.

Reactions: mike killay

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
"the whole of the UK will suffer the EU's sanctions."

Aaahh - ha-ha-ha !!
Wishful and Thinking

Sorry to tell you but your EU ship has sailed!

"Officials in Taskforce Europe, run by Johnson’s EU negotiator David Frost, are working in secret on proposals to ensure that there do not need to be checks on goods passing from Britain to Northern Ireland.

DUP MP Sir Jeffrey Donaldson responded that his party “will welcome any measures to ensure Northern Ireland businesses continue to have unfettered access to the UK single market”.
“There is deadly serious internal work going on about not obeying the Northern Ireland protocol,” a senior source told the Sunday Times. “Taskforce Europe are looking into that. That’s why they had Suella put in there.”
Sir Jeffrey Donaldson told the News Letter that Northern Ireland is “an integral part of the UK and there should be no internal trade borders”.
He added: “Great Britain is Northern Ireland’s main market with 72% of all goods leaving Belfast port destined for Britain. An Irish Sea border will increase costs and will be bad for trade between Great Britain and Northern Ireland."

Sorry losers it`s Put up or Shut up time ;)
Yes, we've heard all this wishful thinking about tech solutions before, but the EU has rejected them. And yes, N.I. will be the loser from the border's delays and costs. I agree with Sir Jeffrey, there should be no border since the majority of th UK came to its senses in time to change their minds to an 8% majority for EU membership and your N.I population never had any doubts that was the right thing to do.

Sadly a minority of fanatics hung onto the initial smaller balance and are taking us out against our majority will, regardless of the cost.

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
Well I never

Andrew Neil tells
@MakeUK_
manufacturing conference that 10 Downing Street is happy to see the end of complex, cross-border supply chains after Brexit. `Those days are coming to an end',
@afneil
says Says govt. sees rise of 3D printing, more domestic sourcing as the future

Very droll, and where is the money, organisation, resources and skills to come from, when we couldn't find them before?
If it is as simple as that why haven't we done this already?
And by the by
What the Hell does Andrew Neil know about such things anyway?
I own a German-built car which is not exactly brand new, but is still in good condition. Of all the things I need for it, how many can sensibly be 3D printed?

Windscreen wiper blades?
Spark plugs?
Brake pads?
Battery?
Tyres?
Valve caps? Well, they are at least feasible. But still not sensible - the cost would surely be much higher.
Door mirror housing? Hmm. Getting an acceptable design would be the first hurdle. I suspect the manufacturer would expect some payment for use of their intellectual property. Or some knock-off near-copy design which would also cost.

So the replacement parts market is not that wonderful.

But the OEM market? Surely, only if 3D printing is actually cheaper. Which is unlikely for most parts. Possibly for small runs. OK, so Aston Martin might produce few enough vehicles that 3D printing is viable. Can't see Toyota (assuming they still manufacture here) buying much.

• Agree
Reactions: Woosh and flecc

tommie

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 13, 2013
the majority of th UK came to its senses in time to change their minds to an 8% majority for EU membership
My word! Really??

We`ve all missed that, have you informed the House of Commons ??
Has there been a vote on this yet?
Or has it already been passed??

Amazing breaking news from our scribe stuck within the M25 bubble!

Safe to say i`ll file that alongside your other masterpiece of `Cars don`t need servicing until after 50,000 miles`:eek: or was it 55K?!! lol!

you`re a legend in your own lunchtime flecc !!

Becoming harder and harder to keep a straight face in this forum...

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
Safe to say i`ll file that alongside your other masterpiece of `Cars don`t need servicing until after 50,000 miles`:eek: or was it 55K?!! lol!
Flecc was actually pretty moderate with his claim.

Other than replacing in-cabin microfilter, rotating tyres and replacing key battery, on the less severe operating schedule, everything else is a matter of inspection. Which, of course, might result in some further action, but it is conditional not automatic.

Only when you get to 112,500 miles do you get "Replace brake fluid".

Wicky

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 12, 2014
Colchester, Essex
www.jhepburn.co.uk
Towards the end of WW2 when german factories were heavily bombed - their manufactiring base moved to cottage industry style production - British Industry used outworkers as well doing War Work in private houses, garden sheds, furniture showrooms etc., throughout the country.- about half in the London area.

And ironically enough https://www.iwm.org.uk/collections/item/object/33290

• Informative
Reactions: oyster

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
Towards the end of WW2 when german factories were heavily bombed - their manufactiring base moved to cottage industry style production - British Industry used outworkers as well doing War Work in private houses, garden sheds, furniture showrooms etc., throughout the country.- about half in the London area.

And ironically enough https://www.iwm.org.uk/collections/item/object/33290

Makes me think of the difficulties of UK industry regarding ball bearings in WWII. I doubt we can 3D print them even now!

• Agree

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
My word! Really??

We`ve all missed that, have you informed the House of Commons ??
Has there been a vote on this yet?
Or has it already been passed??

Amazing breaking news from our scribe stuck within the M25 bubble!

you`re a legend in your own lunchtime flecc !!

Becoming harder and harder to keep a straight face in this forum...
You're the one who should keep up to speed. The polls on the EU voting went into reverse two years ago and soon settled consistently at 8% majority in favour of remaining. That was the result of people learning just how much was involved.

And running a car for 50,000 miles without any servicing was well established decades ago. GM alone had two models on the market in the 1990s with first service listed at 100,000 miles, double that figure. Stick to subjects you know and understand, clearly the motor industry isn't one.

• Agree
Reactions: tommie and oyster

tommie

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 13, 2013
Flecc was actually pretty moderate with his claim.

Other than replacing in-cabin microfilter, rotating tyres and replacing key battery, on the less severe operating schedule, everything else is a matter of inspection. Which, of course, might result in some further action, but it is conditional not automatic.

Only when you get to 112,500 miles do you get "Replace brake fluid".
I`d say someone was punting for a major engine overhaul.

Go check your oil and diesel filters even after 15,000,
air filter will be completely blocked by then, fuel consumption will be sky high
Brake pads and shoes will be giving off a shower of sparks as they mate with the discs and drums
That loud noise will be the absence of the rotted silencer.
Most of the bulbs will have failed...etc .etc

I could go on and on with this..... ever wondered why there`s an MOT? To save us from this type of dodgy business practice for a start

Anyone wanna bay a nice mota from Fleccs Premium Autos??

Roll up, roll up, just 50,000 miles, never serviced.... Bargain

Hmmmm, well, errr, thanks but NO THANKS

Hilarious :p

• Disagree

Advertisers